• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Queen Elizabeth II has passed away

Davesky

How it isn’t clear to everyone that hate mob is the work of hostile foreign nations is anyones guess. Divide and conquer strategies clear and people. These people are no different to the kids running around with emo fringes a decade ago, then when they begin to struggle with their identity again they move on to something else. Let’s hope sanity can prevail until then.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Didn't Elizabeth's uncle resigned in favor of her father?
I watched the movie :)

I'm an old person, the only queen is Elizabeth and the only pope is John Paul II.

Aye, Edward VIII was king for less than a year before he abdicated. However, although he was only king for a year, he was still king.

The situation I'm thinking of, that others have spoken of recently, is the crown skipping Charles all together and going to William. However, the chances of that happening are slim. It's all down to Charles, but I can't see him doing it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gp1

ManaByte

Aye, Edward VIII was king for less than a year before he abdicated. However, although he was only king for a year, he was still king.

The situation I'm thinking of, that others have spoken of recently, is the crown skipping Charles all together and going to William. However, the chances of that happening are slim. It's all down to Charles, but I can't see him doing it.
William and Catherine and their kids are too picture perfect for that to happen. The UK is going to have to suffer through ~20 years of King Charles and Camilla.

NinjaBoiX

I think this will signal the end of the monarchy as we know it. It’s an outdated institution, I’m not sure how convincingly it will continue after she passes.

That said, it will be a mournful day to be sure. I’m far from a royalist, but it’s always sad when someone dies, especially someone who has managed to stand their station with poise and dignity for so long, carefully stage managed or not.
Didn’t she form the new government Monday?
Well yeah, but that’s a mere formality even for a healthy monarch. I doubt the meeting even took place in this instance.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
i think they going to go all night with this news output on the BBC

I think once Harry comes she will go.

Last edited:

AJUMP23

Well yeah, but that’s a mere formality even for a healthy monarch. I doubt the meeting even took place in this instance.
It did take place, Truss had to go to Balmoral though. The only reason I know is I saw a photo. I really don't pay attention to much in England, but they have some good TV shows.

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
holy hell don’t read the Era thread on this. People celebrating the death of another because they don’t agree with their views… seriously the scum of the world.
ResetEra:
Thomas Mikal Ford Tommy GIF by Martin

Normal people reacting to them:
Theexorcist GIF by CTV

NinjaBoiX

It did take place, Truss had to go to Balmoral though. The only reason I know is I saw a photo. I really don't pay attention to much in England, but they have some good TV shows.
So there was, I didn’t see that.

It’s a sad state of affairs that my mind immediately went to “it probably didn’t even happen”, but that’s the Tory government for you.

🤷🏼‍♂️

Someone just post in there that the Queen will be remembered forever, and no one in that thread will even get an obituary.

I was thinking the same thing, but in different words. Those shitstains will be glossed over by time and no one will even remember them. I wonder if you told them that, would it even sink in?

Umbasaborne

Banned
Probably some shit like "eat the rich" "destroy the monarchy" anything edgy really

The stupid thing is, most of em won't be British nor understand the royal family generates alot of money for the UK coffers. I'm not a royalist by any means, but I recognise how valuable the monarchy is to the UK.

Edit - Quick look owa there and saying she's a parasite and that aswell. Pathetic really.
Resetera acting like pathetic edge lords over a sensitive topic? What a shock.

My grandfather just recently went from a persistent cough to dead from small cell lung cancer in a span of 2 months, and he was 85. Shit can go downhill quick at those ages.

They may be glorified celebrities that don't do much, but they're still people who are losing a much loved member of their family. I wish them the best.

TheMan

Rumor is she’s passed already or being kept alive by life support only. Apparently British newscasters are changing into black ties which is protocol for the death of a royal family member. I would expect an announcement today

Last edited:

Drew1440

Probably a good idea to give social media a miss, there gonna be a lot of shit takes.

Hopefully she will pull through, but I fear for the worst. Still she lived a hell of a life and will be missed.

cormack12

Gold Member
Know some people with relatives have been pulled back for ceremonial duties.

The day was always going to come. Twitter and the purple shithole full of people trying to out edgelord each other with the most extreme comments. She's been on the throne for like 70 years, you've had decades to go and make your point. But of course twitter or a forum post as a 96 year old is on their deathbed is the classy and brave thing to do.

I say that as someone who comes from the North, hates Thatcher, knows all too well money doesn't flow up the country and has no English patriotism. I'm not going to shed any tears but have a bit of fucking class about you.

Saiyan-Rox

Total bullshit. Don't comment if you don't know what your talking about.

Oh apart from confirming who's in charge of government (whoopie) what else does she have the power to do? Not that they would anyway.

Isn't the whole point of parliament to give the choice of the people to the people (allegedly) and that the grown can't interfere?

Edit: yeah I gotta look this stuff up

Last edited:

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Rumor is she’s passed already or being kept alive by life support only. Apparently British newscasters are changing into black ties which is protocol for the death of a royal family member. I would expect an announcement today
BBC presenters been in black ties all day.

Alebrije

Well , end of an era...and it seems from now Monarchy on U.K. will be a tourist attraction more than ever.

Also it comes at the doors of a deep economic ressesion and political decadence.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Oh apart from confirming who's in charge of government (whoopie) what else does she have the power to do? Not that they would anyway.

Isn't the whole point of parliament to give the choice of the people to the people (allegedly) and that the grown can't interfere?

Clearly you have very little understanding of the role of a constitutional monarchy.

It also appears you have little understanding of the role of a representative democracy, specifically in regards to the UK.

This isn't the place to explain this or get into any debate, but there are lots of good places online where you gain more knowledge of these subjects.

DKehoe

It's not, it's a huge forum with tons of top game developers. It really shows what sort of humans are crawling around in the game space.
It's a small little corner of the internet. Just one of a vast number. They don't matter. You will be happier if you stop caring about what their opinion on anything is.

Saiyan-Rox

Clearly you have very little understanding of the role of a constitutional monarchy.

It also appears you have little understanding of the role of a representative democracy, specifically in regards to the UK.

This isn't the place to explain this or get into any debate, but there are lots of good places online where you gain more knowledge of these subjects.

All points aside I'm in NI so a good portion of us don't exactly like the monarchy so you're probably right. I've just personally never heard of them doing anything apart from saying "yeah you're good" for new PMs

Top Bottom