• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

R. Mika's popularity in Street Fighter is baffling

Maebe

Might be the artstyle in the game but I think she's kinda ugly and not very appealing visually
She looks fun I guess

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
op will have a meltdown with this one too

EgazgW9.jpg

How come no one is bringing up this sexy ass beast. You ask me, I think some people had heart attacks when they saw this specimen today. He's showing more skin than she is.

bc809d75800668f4484296d310b7779e.jpg

Are these SFV alts? I had no idea they were revealed, if so.

Link please.

Just in case someone wants a background pic of this mythical beast:

bc809d75800668f4484296d310b7779e.jpg
I mean, this is cool and all, but (and don't get on me for this) is that honestly Ryu? I'd of not been shocked if someone told me that were Snowpiercer's Chris Evans somehow surviving the train crash at the end of the film and stumbling into SFV.

Okay this is officially a badass alt. Very fly.

There are so many post about Mika's "sex appeal" but that doesn't even register for why I like her. I understand that its there but i never put much thought into that until reading these posts. I guess I feel its secondary to her character. Shrug.

RedFury

Yeah, no, I highly doubt that. The human body cannot maintain that high amount of lean mass at that low bodyfat without anabolics.

Have you seen the current size of his delts?

His older iterations are doable though.
Yeah those delts are a bit much, but I mean realistically the overall look. It doesn't help that the way he's rendered they highlight every single muscle in a way you would not be able to show off in the most perfect lighting in RL. Anyway have you heard of leangains? Check it out it's worked for me. Ive made huge gains while cutting. Also it's genetics I can't stress that enough to people. Everyones muscle growth(genetic limit), muscle attachment(different look on same muscle), etc is different. This isn't to you but a general statement, have realistic expectations!

Sexy Fighter V.

Mika is a stupid character, but most of the cast have pretty dumb designs really. The whole concept is ridiculous try not to take it too seriously.

I assume they'll be on sale separate later? Want to buy the PC version, but SFV doesn't have a page for PC.

Those are most likely the type of costumes that you'll be able to earn with fight money (the money you get ingame from playing the game). So you should be able to get them all for free in the end.

GeoNeo

I disagree.
SFV R.Mika is fucking awesome. I love her look, play style, and how different she is personality wise compared to the other characters. ☝️-☝️

Good lord. Beard Ryu looking to take the title of most sexy video game character ever.

//Jelly

kotaku wants some of that Beard Ryu action.

http://kotaku.com/street-fighter-vs-bearded-ryu-is-the-hottest-ryu-1727774068

my Twitter feed right now just, tons of people salivating over bearded Ryu, which is funny given that, in terms of looks at least, he’s normally one of the most unremarkable characters in Street Fighter. But throw in a beard? Suddenly everyone is screaming “DADDY!!” at this digital person. Well god damn. Really though, look at the keyword “Ryu” on Twitter right now. “Hot Ryu” is trending in some places. The thirst is real, and only a Hadoken can cure it, people.

Never played Alpha 3, but I love how tall and strong she is. Like Brienne of Tarth mixed with Dan.

Edit: Wow those alts are dope.

G-Fex

Oh man how many more Mika threads are we going to have I wonder.

Man people seem so upset about her it's hilarious. You uh..keep trying with that OP.

Fucking pictures constantly being shown, it's like Wonder Woman threads in gaming side.

SMH everybody

Some Nobody

OP can hold this L. R. Mika isn't very far at all from how most female wrestlers dress, and her moveset is legit as fuck. She does the Stone Cold Stunner. Her taunts are cutting promos. She has a tag team partner. I love Mika already and I don't even KNOW her. Maybe she was lame in Alpha 3, but...this ain't Alpha 3. At a time where lady wrestlers are actually just as over as the guys in the biggest wrestling promotion, R. Mika comes along at a perfect time. You think she's not popular? Wait until the game comes out.

RMikaRules.jpg

Sakura already knew the game.

thundr51

The Mika love is REAL! Time to break out my PSV version of SFA3 and show some love.

Honestly, I never really noticed her clothes, she reminded me of a clown...definitely not a sexy clown either. Loved how loud and over the top she was/is. She is my number one reason to buy SF5.

I know she was low tier, but did anyone play her in a serious tourney? Looking for some high level play.

XenoRaven

Might catch some heat for this, but her and Karin's popularity are artificially inflated by the FGC sample size, and the fact that they haven't appeared in a Street Fighter game for 17 years. If they were in every subsequent release, people would be clamoring for a different character that hasn't been around.

That said, she's a wrestler and wrestling is fun.

TheOGB

Banned
Jaycee from Tekken Tag 2 is a comparably better design.It has no shortage of fanservice but its still relatively more balanced than Mika's design.
It's also devoid of any personality. Much like Julia herself.
Sad but true.

Might catch some heat for this, but her and Karin's popularity are artificially inflated by the FGC sample size, and the fact that they haven't appeared in a Street Fighter game for 17 years. If they were in every subsequent release, people would be clamoring for a different character that hasn't been around.
Eh, this isn't really a controversial statement.

Knox

Her outfit is pretty over the top for Street Fighter, would expect it from DOA like others have said. The hoops some of you are going through to explain why she isn't a sexualized character is pretty nuts. There's literally a shot that zooms in on her ass as she slaps it, they aren't exactly being shy here. Whether or not that's something that bothers you is up to you. I'll probably still try this character because I like wrestling and silliness, and I can look past this stuff pretty easily. But I don't have a problem with it being too much for some people.

roknin

It's also devoid of any personality. Much like Julia herself.

Julia main since Tekken 4.

Love her to death.

...can confirm, personality of a brick wall that coincidentally hugs trees.

Ironically, she gained one in SFxT.

Also, she did get more of one as "Jaycee". Thankfully.

TheOGB

Banned
Her outfit is pretty over the top for Street Fighter, would expect it from DOA like others have said. The hoops some of you are going through to explain why she isn't a sexualized character is pretty nuts. There's literally a shot that zooms in on her ass as she slaps it, they aren't exactly being shy here. Whether or not that's something that bothers you is up to you. I'll probably still try this character because I like wrestling and silliness, and I can look past this stuff pretty easily. But I don't have a problem with it being too much for some people.
It's sexualized, but it's also decently contextualized beyond "here's a hot chick doing hot things for the sole purpose of being hot"

+1 for Haggar

SFV R.Mika is fucking awesome. I love her look, play style, and how different she is personality wise compared to the other characters. ☝️-☝️

Good lord. Beard Ryu looking to take the title of most sexy video game character ever.

//Jelly

kotaku wants some of that Beard Ryu action.

http://kotaku.com/street-fighter-vs-bearded-ryu-is-the-hottest-ryu-1727774068

I just decided to do a Twitter search for Ryu and...holy shit...I guess it's safe to say that Gamestop won this round.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Yeah, those people who have opinions must be wrong OP.

Am i the only one who earnestly played as her during the old days? I liked her obtuse closelines and crazy headbuts that also hurt her own head.

Just a fun character.

The only reason i see people attempting to attack her now is because of what she's wearing, which is more actually compared to Elena, who got no complaints in her return. Which is strange considering how racist Elena's otufit is as the stereotypical african tribesperson with storm hair that every black woman has to have in Japan.

Aleast Mika is wearing clothes similar to actual wrestlers, and she acts the part too.

Miracle

I kind of feel bad for the Bison Alt. Ryu and Chun Li getting all the love (for very valid reasons of course) as well as Cammy's, but Bison seems to be the odd one out.

Amazon is kicking themselves right now and GameStop wins by TKO.

Numb

this game needs a fucking mustache for sure

I can't even imagine handling a mustache like that if i even managed to grow one. Bout time Haggar showed up.
Also D.Dark on the list of guys i wanted if they allowed EX guys.

Ryu is handsome looking and all now but where is my man Haggar in SFV?
This is my type of manly handsomeness.

People expected this for so long, I think it might happen. SFIV had Cody, Guy, Poison and Hugo but no Haggar repping. I think I would prefer more original characters but I would never say no to the Pipe.

Top Bottom