• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Gaming Tech (RGT): The PS5 has a custom feature to be found in future RDNA 3 Cards.

What do you think? Is it true that the PS5 has a custom feature to be found in future RDNA 3 cards?

• Total voters

duhmetree

"Fight against" lol. You dont care about consoles but are "fighting against" some imaginary war?

You don't care about RDNA2 but joined this hilarious dick measuring contest based off a fanboy youtubers rumors.

Again you claim you don't care about consoles but are crying about console games. Although I agree on this front. This is the weakest next-gen launch ever. That's why I ain't buying neither till next year at minimum.
As in, YOU are fighting against it. I thought you would understand that. As in, you are fighting against anything Sony.

I dont care about RDNA2 UNTIL warriors started with MUH FULL RDNA2.. Sony RDNA 1.5. Sony doesn't have VRS. Sony doesn't have Mesh shaders. Sony 9TF.. It's a counterbalance to the nonsense. I actually looked into it and brought what I found to the forum. And guess what happened? All the warriors attacked it and me for it. No objectivity. Apparently, it was brought up months ago but I was late to the party.

Why would I not want Microsoft to succeed and make good games? It's a weird mindset to have. I'm in interested in Sony eco-system because they actually have things that interest me.. Crazy, I know. The amount of consoles games I've played are extremely limited but they are 100% Sony exclusives, since I've been PC gaming. 3rd Party difference doesn't matter to me. Since this 'Next-Gen Hype' started, I've only seen/noticed Scorn from Microsoft. No interest.

Why can't I enjoy both platforms? Why can't I enjoy ALL games? It's such a weird fanboy mindset. No one has any animosity towards Nintendo though.

Last edited:

Concern

As in, YOU are fighting against it. I thought you would understand that. As in, you are fighting against anything Sony.

I dont care about RDNA2 UNTIL warriors started with MUH FULL RDNA2.. Sony RDNA 1.5. Sony doesn't have VRS. Sony doesn't have Mesh shaders. Sony 9TF.. It's a counterbalance to the nonsense. I actually looked into it and brought what I found to the forum. And guess what happened? All the warriors attacked it and me for it. No objectivity. Apparently, it was brought up months ago but I was late to the party.

Why would I not want Microsoft to succeed and make good games? It's a weird mindset to have. I'm in interested in Sony eco-system because they actually have things that interest me.. Crazy, I know. The amount of consoles games I've played are extremely limited but they are 100% Sony exclusives, since I've been PC gaming. 3rd Party difference doesn't matter to me. Since this 'Next-Gen Hype' started, I've only seen/noticed Scorn from Microsoft. No interest.

Why can't I enjoy both platforms? Why can't I enjoy ALL games? It's such a weird fanboy mindset.

Scorn? I've just seen crow served left and right since the xbox was announced to have 12tf gpu. Was nothing but "Ps5 will come at least at 13tf and smash em" That ain't pan out.

"Next-gen will be held back by xbox one lol"... "we believe in generations" - Jim Ryan

Spiderman, sackboy, Horizon, all coming to ps4.

I can go all day with this shit but I really don't care. The best part was people warring over the console packaging like retards.

"We don't love our favorite console, we just hate yours" - sincerely console warriors

Tmack

Why can't cerny or someone just come out and say it

(Supose it`s true)

Because they dont have to. Better let MS do all the talking and have the surprise facor on their side. They have the games already, if they have a much better machine than expect, thats a HUGE win in the consumer mindshare.

onQ123

Interesting, but where are the 64mb cache situated than? 🤔

It's 76MB of SRAM throughout the SoC I know it's 12MB on the CPU side & 5MB for the GPU L2 cache , not sure what the GPU L1 & L0 cache add up to or the sizes of the other caches around the SoC .

duhmetree

Scorn? I've just seen crow served left and right since the xbox was announced to have 12tf gpu. Was nothing but "Ps5 will come at least at 13tf and smash em" That ain't pan out.

"Next-gen will be held back by xbox one lol"... "we believe in generations" - Jim Ryan

I can go all day with this shit but I really don't care. The best part was people warring over the console packaging like retards.

"We don't love our favorite console, we just hate yours" - sincerely console warriors
Scorn the game. As, in I've only noticed Scorn the game from Microsoft. No interest in it. Everything else from Microsoft has been BC and semantics for the most part.

Spiderman and Horizon is still only playstation..

Last edited:

Those people are around sure but I didn't see anything that poster said as untrue. Its no secret that MS has some serious work to do right now to build up exclusive first party games on what is otherwise a very well designed and powerful console. But, it is lacking on the software side right now and for the sake of competition I hope that changes.

Proelite

There's "a very large SRAM" (on-chip RAM) as Cerny calls it, in the PS5 SoC. He didn't go into much detail at the time in his Road to PS5, nor did he mention its size. I presume it was due to NDA and it's very likely a variant of infinity cache? Perhaps it's 64 MB?

The sram he mentioned about was a SSD cache in the SSD controller. At least based on his diagram.

Concern

Scorn the game. As, in I've only noticed Scorn the game from Microsoft. No interest in it. Everything else from Microsoft has been BC and semantics for the most part.

Spiderman and Horizon is still only playstation..

I have no interest in it. Only interesting game to me rn from Microsoft is The Medium. As I've said the build up has been poor for next gen. We have fake engineers speculating on specs and warring over it instead of games.

Why? Cuz there really ain't shit worth dropping $500 for in the next few months at least.

Concern

Those people are around sure but I didn't see anything that poster said as untrue. Its no secret that MS has some serious work to do right now to build up exclusive first party games on what is otherwise a very well designed and powerful console. But, it is lacking on the software side right now and for the sake of competition I hope that changes.

Anyone with common sense would hope for that. I want another XBOX/Ps2 or 360/Ps3 gen. Not another one sided one like this one.

SoraNoKuni

Well, Moore law is dead is saying the same thing, as well xbox not having infinity cache.

This is really going to be interesting, apparently XBOX team wanted to have more TF on paper for marketing purposes and considering how xbox fans made the 13TF a tattoo on their foreheads it actually worked.

Anyways, only time will confirm or not these leaks.

sinnergy

Well, Moore law is dead is saying the same thing, as well xbox not having infinity cache.

This is really going to be interesting, apparently XBOX team wanted to have more TF on paper for marketing purposes and considering how xbox fans made the 13TF a tattoo on their foreheads it actually worked.

I clearly remember Sony fans where about 13 TF. Xbox fans where just glad it was above 8 TF with the de ember 12 TF reveal.

SoraNoKuni

I clearly remember Sony fans where about 13 TF. Xbox fans where just glad it was above 8 TF with the de ember 12 TF reveal.
Agreed, reasonable people were just glad about it, but a lot of fans used it for the console wars and were trashing PS5, I am just hyped about tech and if the leaks are true ms really is misleading people though.

Concern

Another guy Sony fanboys were shitting on before lol. Even that retard Serrano that everyone knows is a phony keeps getting his tweets posted here by Sony fanboys.

Anything that says Ps5 > Xbox is immediately taken as fact regardless of who it comes from. They're even using some dumbass indie dev looking for a job as a source as well. I bet I can make a twitter and be retweeted on here within a week claiming the same garbage lol.

Another guy Sony fanboys were shitting on before lol. Even that retard Serrano that everyone knows is a phony keeps getting his tweets posted here by Sony fanboys.

Anything that says Ps5 > Xbox is immediately taken as fact regardless of who it comes from. They're even using some dumbass indie dev looking for a job as a source as well. I bet I can make a twitter and be retweeted on here within a week claiming the same garbage lol.

Make the twitter account and stop whining on the thread? We get your point, several posts back... matter of fact we know your pov before you even post.

Last edited:

SoraNoKuni

Whether you like it or not, him and RGT have been correct for a lot of leaks, as well NXGamer who is also hinting.. but is under NDA, and MS not mentioning infinity cache while they use every single weapon they have in their arsenal for marketing is kinda suspicious too.

Only time will tell, but where there is smoke...

Posting this from spec thread:

Interesting was just watching Moore's Law and he said that Smart Access Memory, one of the features of RDNA2 graphics cards (in combination with Ryzen 5000 CPUs and AM4 chipset) is in the PS5 (Sony helped develop it) as well as Infinity Cache. He then claims he doesnt think either are in Xbox, which is huge if true:

On Infinity Cache:

If PS5 has IC, that means much more effective bandwidth than the controller/specs suggests. SAM improves performance by 'up to 11%' according to AMD.

MarkMe2525

So I've big digging for a source to this speculation. I found a gamingbolt article claiming "A recent report indicates that the PlayStation 5 will leverage a subset of RDNA 3 features,".

The "report" they linked was a tweet from Tidex on May 1st that says "PS5 supports all RDNA 2 features including VRS. But it doesn’t end there, it will support features that are exclusive to the platform and some RDNA 3." Great investigative journalism.

This seems to be the original source for this claim, other than "Moore's Law is Dead" who posted the same claim 2 months later but also said PS5 was going to receive a spec bump before release in the same video.

Last edited:
Why can't cerny or someone just come out and say it

Dont think like person, think like a company. They dont need to prove anything

Building hype is busines and showing all the cards too fast is desperate move and mainly those that cant sell their stuff because of brand loalty and hype have to do it.

PS5 sells like crazy with minimal marketing, so it is just smart to save surprises to the end, because they can.

And tiny fraction of people even knows vaguely what cpu and gpu are

longdi

Banned
So I've big digging for a source to this speculation. I found a gamingbolt article claiming "A recent report indicates that the PlayStation 5 will leverage a subset of RDNA 3 features,".

The "report" they linked was a tweet from Tidex on May 1st that says "PS5 supports all RDNA 2 features including VRS. But it doesn’t end there, it will support features that are exclusive to the platform and some RDNA 3." Great investigative journalism.

This seems to be the original source for this claim, other than "Moore's Law is Dead" who posted the same claim 2 months later but also said PS5 was going to receive a spec bump before release in the same video.

actually the main 'source' is from mark cerny during his ps5 talks, he said something about the geometry engine, and amd may or may not use it their future roadmap.

of course the fanbase took that and started this speculation. those with YT channels, obviously welcome new speculation and rumors, for click view$

MarkMe2525

actually the main 'source' is from mark cerny during his ps5 talks, he said something about the geometry engine, and amd may or may not use it their future roadmap.

of course the fanbase took that and started this speculation. those with YT channels, obviously welcome new speculation and rumors, for click view$
Tbh, that could easily just be taking his statement out of context and extrapolating. That's the type of thing where you see what you want to see. What we can say with certainty that these claims being made are disingenuous at best, intentionally misleading at worst.

If I were to take Cerny's statement at face value, the only logical conclusion is they developed some custom feature sets. That's it. To make the claim that a unproven technique is slated for production in rdna3 cards is straight up biased speculation. In this case Cerny himself is stating that these techniques value is unknown at least up until the point that Cerny made his talk.

One has to be aware that these companies are trying new techniques at a rapid pace, how many of these techniques make it into cards on store shelves? Probably not a lot (me speculating using Occam's razor). So to make the claim that Sony has some form of custom hardware that isn't present in Rdna2, so in turn, it's going to be in Rdna 3 is erroneous.

Edit: I'm not inferring that you believe the speculation, just piggy backing off the idea that Cerny is making the claim that rdna3 features are present in ps5.

Last edited:

FlyyGOD

12 days until ps5 launches and people still have to guess what the full capabilites of sonys gpu isnt a good sign at all. Why all the secrecy?

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess

Oh, it's that guy

Lethal01

I have no interest in it. Only interesting game to me rn from Microsoft is The Medium. As I've said the build up has been poor for next gen. We have fake engineers speculating on specs and warring over it instead of games.

Why? Cuz there really ain't shit worth dropping $500 for in the next few months at least.

Demon's Souls definitely looks worth it to me and many others.

Spiderman also became a day 1 for me due to how well they excecuted this spiderverse suit.
We had it wrong the whole time 15fps is the way to go, LOVE IT.

Loved the movie so much, probably the best super hero out there to me.

Last edited:

Concern

Demon's Souls definitely looks worth it to me and many others.

Spiderman also became a day 1 for me due to how well they excecuted this spiderverse suit.
We had it wrong the whole time 15fps is the way to go, LOVE IT.

Loved the movie so much, probably the best super hero out there to me.

Demon Souls looks great no doubt. But a remake of a Ps3 game doesn't have me dropping $500 for it day one. I'll pick it up with my Ps5 next year.

Spiderman on the other hand is on my Q for gamefly on Ps4. Platinum the first and will probably do the same with mm but $50 is a bit much for an standalone expansion.

Lethal01

Platinum the first and will probably do the same with mm but $50 is a bit much for an standalone expansion.

Being a remake is irrelevant to me personally since I never played the original and don't want to now that the remake exists.
I think that if you Plan on getting a PS5 and MM then getting a PS5 now to play the best version would be the smart move.
Can't really judge if it's too much until we get more info on how much content is in the game.

Last edited:

timmyp53

Not that I believe it but direct from Cerny:

"First we have a custom AMD GPU based on there "RDNA2" technology what does that mean AMD is continuously improving and revising their tech for RDNA2 their goals were roughly speaking to reduce power of consumption by rhe architecting the GPU to put data close to where it's needed to optimize the GPU for performance and to adding new more advanced feature set. But that feature set is malleable which is to say that we have our own needs for PlayStation and that can factor into what the AMD roadmap becomes. So collaboration is born"

pratyush

This thread is amazing. Why do Xbox fans care what is inside PS5? They should be happy with MS full RDNA 2 or whatever new bullshit new jargon Microsoft throw them like "fixed frequency". What part of Custom chip you people don't get? If custom implementation are being implemented by AMD in their future products then why do you care?

longdi

Banned
Tbh, that could easily just be taking his statement out of context and extrapolating. That's the type of thing where you see what you want to see. What we can say with certainty that these claims being made are disingenuous at best, intentionally misleading at worst.

If I were to take Cerny's statement at face value, the only logical conclusion is they developed some custom feature sets. That's it. To make the claim that a unproven technique is slated for production in rdna3 cards is straight up biased speculation. In this case Cerny himself is stating that these techniques value is unknown at least up until the point that Cerny made his talk.

One has to be aware that these companies are trying new techniques at a rapid pace, how many of these techniques make it into cards on store shelves? Probably not a lot (me speculating using Occam's razor). So to make the claim that Sony has some form of custom hardware that isn't present in Rdna2, so in turn, it's going to be in Rdna 3 is erroneous.

Edit: I'm not inferring that you believe the speculation, just piggy backing off the idea that Cerny is making the claim that rdna3 features are present in ps5.

Yes that's why i dont like kindly to certain fanbase.

If you go back pre-PS3 launch, somebody saw some IBM/Sony patents about Cell, and all the speculations ran wild about a 4x cell broadband engine PS3 running 1TF doing revolutionary REYES rendering. (1TF was a big deal back then, it's like >20TF today)

These days, you have besides patenties, but also YT out for that monetization videos.

🤷‍♀️

Last edited:

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
video of that?
and still yes.
He threw tons of guessing shit for years, 🤷‍♀️

"The first one - this is a bombshell I believe is a new God of War. The sequel will be showed off supposedly in under a month."

But you also said to trust RGT.

So does this mean RGT is hoping shit sticks?

The Mark Cerny game was probably pushed back, but they must know something if God of War was reveled so soon.

longdi

Banned

The Mark Cerny game was probably pushed back, but they must know something if God of War was reveled so soon.

I was skeptical about RGT, but he did break radeon 7 and now rdna2, so thats why i said RGT. Besides RGT managed to get an Intel engineer and Sony Matt on stream, so he is onto some things.

MLID meanwhile, is still throwing shit, please dont support his videos.

Last edited:
He actually said the same thing weeks ago:

Bear in mind RGT has been spot on about RDNA2 leaks recently. So you've got at least two sauces saying the same thing...

So many sauces have me close to spilling my sauce

tenor.gif

duhmetree

Gran Tourismo as a Launch Game?

Secret Launch game? Is that the rumored Metal Gear Solid reboot?

Either he nails it and is a trusted source... or he bombs.. RGT also 'leaked' MGS and GoW.

Then there's the Silent Hill rumors with Sony Japan

Last edited:
Top Bottom