• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Redfall | Review Thread

What score do you think Redfall will get?

• 0 -10%

Votes: 8 1.3%
  • 10-20%

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • 20-30%

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • 30-40%

Votes: 7 1.2%
  • 40-50%

Votes: 27 4.5%
  • 50-60%

Votes: 81 13.4%
  • 60-70%

Votes: 239 39.6%
  • 70-80%

Votes: 173 28.7%
  • 80-85%

Votes: 44 7.3%
  • 85-90%

Votes: 9 1.5%
  • 90-95%

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 11 1.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
mtdQXJP.jpg

đź’€
Ouch

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Wait these are people from Austin? Wasn't fucking Fallout 76 created by Bethesda Austin? Are those the same fucking people??

graywolf323

disappointing since I’m a huge fan of Arkane but sadly this is what I expected from all the previews

I’ll try it out thanks to GamePass but just such a massive disappointment that we got this instead of Prey 2 or Dishonored 3

You have to be dumb at all levels of your org to release this game in a poor state now. Halloween delay on the table and just right to polish what's here, maybe find 10/100's of fun with the heat off.

I feel so bad thay I might use this as a chance to play one of Arkanes bangers, starting with Dishonored 1. I haven't played any of their games.

They were not delaying this game again. A full year's delay resulted in a 4/10 and Do Not Buy, Worst Game of 2023 nominee. Five extra months weren't gonna do shit.

They've sacrificed RedFall to put all resources into Starfield. They CAN'T afford that one to play out like this, else everything comes crashing down and the internet will break.

GHG

This is why I've always said - stop fucking subscribing to these services for months/years on end.

You're giving them all that money up front for what? Of course they're going to take the piss, they've already got your money for unforseen/unknown products. You're effectively "pre-ordering" under a different guise.

Month to month only, that way you can cancel at any point to send a message if necessary.

Last edited:
I say this as a Xbox fan, there is no way Stsrfield comes under any constructive criticism from a number of Xbox focused people/sites after the general reaction to this game. No way. It’s getting those high scores.

Given the fact last year lacked major releases and this year from what we know is this, more Forza and Starfield with sprinkles of hi fi rush and mine craft.

The pressure will intensify on Starfield because they have brought it on themselves with the lack of releases, delay after delay, shill hype and questionable product management.

Fuck I miss the 360 days even with the red ring of death.

This is why I've always said - stop fucking subscribing to these services for months/years on end.

You're giving them all that money up front for what? Of course they're going to take the piss, they've already got your money for unforseen/unknown products. You're effectively "pre-ordering" under a different guise.

Month to month only, that way you can cancel at any point to send a message if necessary.
Lol I'd rather pay $80 for 2 years rather than $15 a month. Plus I use gamepass a shit ton.

One thing I will point out is that Starfield was delayed out of H1 2023 to Fall. So they gave it a few extra months. For whatever that might be worth.

Honestly if it was in a worst state, and after a six-month delay, depending on how further behind it was I don't think 2-3 extra months will amount to much. Starfield is a much bigger game than RedFall after all.

Even if it is ready for September, they may want to delay just to not get eaten out by Spiderman 2.

You're giving them all that money up front for what? Of course they're going to take the piss, they've already got your money for unforseen/unknown products.

For me it was like $150 for 3 years

That's like 2 AAA games

Maybe it'll be worth it, but I haven't played a single true AAA banger yet

Seems like it's been quite the gamble so far, and it really shouldn't for 3 years

Last edited:

Yoboman

Gold Member
One thing I will point out is that Starfield was delayed out of H1 2023 to Fall. So they gave it a few extra months. For whatever that might be worth.
Starfield will be a buggy mess. It will have poor performance. The gunplay will be lacking

The hope is it makes up for it in other ways

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Only played the opening cause want to watch a movie but shit I kind of like it. It will stay on my SSD for now.

Sleepwalker

For me it was like $150 for 3 years

That's like 2 AAA games

Maybe it'll be worth it, but I haven't played a single true AAA banger yet

Seems like it's been quite the gamble so far, and it really shouldn't for 3 years

I did this in 2019 (I think, maybe it was 2020) paid for 3 years and it just expired a few months ago. I can say I did not play a single gamepass game to completion. I tried some third party stuff but yeah, wasn't for me.

I am currently on a 3 month trial that came with my tv and same deal, havent played a thing eventhough I've sat down and stared at the catalogue multiple times (as early as today lol)

GHG

Even if Starfield is rough upon release I don’t think it’ll be judged as harsh as it seems magnitudes bigger and more complex/ambitious than this. That’s my impression at least.

RedFall has very few excuses.

Yep bugs are part of the charm of Bethesada's big budget rpg's and modding them to suit what you want to get out of them is half the fun.

This isn't that though.

Nydius

Gold Member

I agree with you. I’ve got Game Pass through April of 2025, but none of that was my money. I put 3 month cards on my Christmas wish list last year and that’s what everyone got me. I didn’t get anything else on my list. :LOL:

Top Bottom