• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Redfall | Review Thread

What score do you think Redfall will get?

• 0 -10%

Votes: 8 1.3%
  • 10-20%

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • 20-30%

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • 30-40%

Votes: 7 1.2%
  • 40-50%

Votes: 27 4.5%
  • 50-60%

Votes: 81 13.4%
  • 60-70%

Votes: 239 39.6%
  • 70-80%

Votes: 173 28.7%
  • 80-85%

Votes: 44 7.3%
  • 85-90%

Votes: 9 1.5%
  • 90-95%

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 11 1.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Varteras

Gold Member
If the game is so short, what's with all the "review in progress" crap? You'd think the game is a sprawling rpg or something.

They have to go back through and get the collectibles this OPEN WORLD game apparently locks you out of at certain points. Even after just 6 hours in

MiguelItUp

Gold Member
Yeah, 60-70 sounded about right. I'm curious to see how they'll work on this in the coming weeks, and how it'll improve, if much at all. Crazy to think it's short too.

Last edited:

ZoukGalaxy

Wait these are people from Austin? Wasn't fucking Fallout 76 created by Bethesda Austin? Are those the same fucking people??
No.

Fallout 76 world was crafted mainly by Bethesda main studio then, Bethesda Austin, or more exactly the 2 devs and a chief which left recently Bethesda, took the "baby" once released and continued the development, miserably, keeping reintroducing bugs previously fixed on each patch.

The game is now on life support, still "maintained" by Bethesda Austin but Bethesda also asked to external developers from mobile world to work on it (aka adding items and mechanics to earn money as a Gaas).

New content is inexistant, they rely on the "Atomic Shop" selling 18$ some Power Armor skins and an infinite amount of ridiculous items to decorate your CAMP making the game like a new SIMS episode.

Roadmap of content is dead and they rely on the same ingame event each year (Fasnacht parade, Holiday scorched, etc...)

The endgame is pathetic. The world is beautiful but should have been a offline single player game. The game content is dead inside. Will not even talk about the instability of servers and game.

This game feels like Deathloop but looks worse then Deathloop.
I think Arkane is in a loop: All their game feels the same since Prey DLC: Mooncrash
It's Iike they are obsessed with LOOP gameplay everywhere, including themselves.

Last edited:

Antwix

That settles it for me. I'm getting a PS5. I thought xbox would be enough for my gaming needs, however I'm tired of the mediocrity with their first party output and most 3rd party games being superior on PS. Redfall is the straw that broke the camels back. I'll hang onto my Xbox as I want to believe they can release bangers, plus Gamepass really is the best deal in gaming, but so far it's disappointment after disappointment and I want the best gaming experience for my hard earned dollars. Feels like last Xbox One vs PS4 all over again.
I get that, but did you really expect anything good in regards to this game? I mean.... was anyone honestly excited when watching the first trailer?

Unknown?

It bears repeating Ybarra told me when they got the email Jimmie was taking over Playstation Mike and Phil cracked open a bottle of scotch (I think it was scotch) and had a drink in celebration saying Jimmie would run PS into the ground

The same Phil who greenlit the first Halo video that gave us Craig and thought that shit looked good

And now this
Did they not know anything about Ryan? Like were they totally clueless? Why would they think he was worse than House?

It's becoming extremely clear that Microsoft Gaming doesn't care about the image of their studios or the quality of the games they publish.

Nintendo nor Sony would have released this game in this state. They would have moved the project to a more competent team if they liked the game's potential.

Microsoft doesn't give a damn about their fans, their customers, or their teams. What a shitshow.
Makes you wonder just how bad Scalebound was.

Krathoon

Gold Member
I just played through the beginning of the game where you kill the first vampire.

I am liking the atmosphere and art style of the game. The art style is similar to the painted art of GTA IV.

The game runs great on a 1080GTX at 1080p. I noticed some slowdown either involving lighting or particle effects.

I do have a gripe about game design. The game does not make it obvious what you are supposed to be doing next. I was getting stuck on what to do in the firehouse and had to keep looking at the mission screen.

Lebron James No GIF by Uninterrupted

imo Arkane never made a good game, Dishonored and Prey was they best shot and those game were OK at best.
nah, almost no one comes close to Arkane level design (probably io interactive is the closest competitor) when they are at their best.

See: clocktower mansion, a crack in the slab.

They excel in specific things compared to your typical AAA cinematic studios. Probably why their games never sold well.

Mr.Phoenix

I know it's funny to hate on xbox and how bad their games are. But a lot of people worked really hard on this one. so pls be considerate
If a doctor forgets a pair of scissors inside you when closing you up would you be considerate of the many years of med school he went through and the fact that's wife just left him on the morning of your operation?

If anyone is expecting payment for a body of work, I expect a certain degree of professionalism in return. They aren't doing me any favors or doing this shit out of the goodness of their heart.

Maxwell Jacob Friedman

leads to fear. Fear leads to xbox.
Dude seriously that's a good idea lol holy shit I don't know why I didn't think about that thanks
Right!? Like i can play games anywhere, emulate the shit outta it, get yuzu running on it, play gamepass/pc games on it..... it's a win win for me without being locked down to a singular xbox, I'm keeping my ps5 for exclusives and big third party games i want to play on my oled

nemiroff

Gold Member
LOL at the meltdowns, and not even hiding it :messenger_grinning_smiling:

Anyway, 343's wake of incompetence should've been the end of the line and no more excuses. Phil has let this go on for long enough. Now it's time to throw away the nice guy act and put some fire under the feet of the people who keep failing.

Last edited:

Bragr

Banned
After the first hour, what stands out to me is:

- The AI is way worse than I thought. This is the worst part of the game. People said it was shit, but I thought they meant Deathloop-ish type of shit, but this is a lot worse. It's game-breaking.
- Tons of little notes everywhere that you can sense are "real-world commentary" disguised as game lore, but it's all useless and feels out of place and it's everywhere. Writing bloat.
- NPC characters barely have any animations and are just making dumb quips. This is one of those games where no one takes anything seriously and no character feels realistic. The main character barely cares what is going on.
- Gunplay is ok, the combat can be good when the AI doesn't fuck it up.
- Rough, bugs, unfished stuff, janky.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
Right!? Like i can play games anywhere, emulate the shit outta it, get yuzu running on it, play gamepass/pc games on it..... it's a win win for me without being locked down to a singular xbox, I'm keeping my ps5 for exclusives and big third party games i want to play on my oled
I recently got one and it seems like a no brainer in this case, it is great.My one complaint would the screen resolution/quality.

Topher

Gold Member
It bears repeating Ybarra told me when they got the email Jimmie was taking over Playstation Mike and Phil cracked open a bottle of scotch (I think it was scotch) and had a drink in celebration saying Jimmie would run PS into the ground

The same Phil who greenlit the first Halo video that gave us Craig and thought that shit looked good

And now this
Michael Jordan Lol GIF

HeisenbergFX4 HeisenbergFX4 not laughing at you bro

Last edited:

Jaybe

Gold Member
My review:
Okay, 50 minutes later I’ve uninstalled. It’s legitimately nauseating to play this. Icons jitter, it has this weird stopping feeling when you end your turn like you’re in a carousel that’s been brought to a halt. Textures are awful. I had low expectations given the lead up and today’s early reviews but it’s borderline unplayable on an XSX. To rub salt in the wound, I got that 17 gamerscore achievement and that’s going to totally mess with my OCD.

NekoFever

It’s also a dumb view people have on the industry that you need to spend this much time with a game, especially a bad one, to be able to review it. I think most people can tell a game is gonna be shit in under 10 hours.
Frankly if a game takes 10 hours to get good, they’re perfectly entitled to say it’s not a good game. I’ll skip it and get a game that’s good from the start, thanks.

Yoboman

Gold Member

And now this
Gotdamn Jimmy is a pimp

A serious piece of advice to Xbox fans...DEMAND BETTER. All of the praising of "Papa Phil" buying up studios, even with little to nothing to show for their current studios does nothing to help the Xbox's success. It actually does the opposite by incentivizing mediocre to poor results. Your wake up call should have been the drought during the 2nd half the Xbox One gen, followed by the piss poor state Phil was happy to release Halo Infinite, their FLAGSHIP FRANCHISE, in.

The truth is PS doesn't deliver because they are competing with Xbox, because honestly Xbox hasn't been strong competition since the 360. No, it's because we as fans DEMAND BETTER.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
How bad is it?
Playable but does not pop like the vita or the switch oled (even though you can cheat a bit with vibrant deck).But it has renewed my interest in pc gaming and tweaking.I spent days downloading roms emulating basically everything installi,g gog and epic games.
You'll have to get used to linux but once the first few painful steps it starts to click and you can play so much games...It's like a portable pc, I use it to stream from my ps5 too.So emulators, gog, gamepas(streaming) epic and ps (now and remote play) really make it complete

gokurho

FrankWza

A serious piece of advice to Xbox fans...DEMAND BETTER. All of the praising of "Papa Phil" buying up studios, even with little to nothing to show for their current studios does nothing to help the Xbox's success. It actually does the opposite by incentivizing mediocre to poor results. Your wake up call should have been the drought during the 2nd half the Xbox One gen, followed by the piss poor state Phil was happy to release Halo Infinite, their FLAGSHIP FRANCHISE, in.

The truth is PS doesn't deliver because they are competing with Xbox, because honestly Xbox hasn't been strong competition since the 360. No, it's because we as fans DEMAND BETTER.
Don't even download it really. It's the only way they'll pay attention. It would be the Ultimate black eye and get their attention

ByWatterson

Would Halo be in the state it’s in under Don “play a 360 offline on submarine toilet “ Mattrick?

I’m not a big Halo guy , look at what the franchise is currently going through, it’s even free to play and still can’t gain a big regular player base or one it should do . Halo! A once massive IP , one that is supposed to be the pillar of Xbox first party.

Back in the 360 days or even the early Xbox One days , would you have believed it would of turned out like that. ?

It’s time for more fans to start speaking out. If that upcoming summer showcase is yet another bland array of mediocre showings and people still won’t speak up, it’s beyond farce.

Lowkey 343 is the only studio actually pumping out content right now, though.

Aion002

Wow... I pre-loaded this game and for some moments I thought about playing it tonight, but in the end I decided to play They are Billions.

I got lucky.

I didn't expect much from this game in the first place, but low 60 on metacritic....

Season 3 Reaction GIF by American Gods

Top Bottom