• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 2 Remake |OT| Party like it's 1998

Steez

And then you guys lose your minds when reviewers who barely know what they talk about score a game too low.

ruvikx

Banned
Personally speaking I believe critics should be forced to Platinum/100% the game (with visual evidence) before posting their review. One of the more irritating trends in recent times has been reviewers playing on the easy difficulties & then daring to pass judgement on the core mechanisms... without properly testing it.

Mista

Banned
Yesterday I said I wasn't going to play the game until later on because I got tired from all the zombies setting
Guess what? I just bought the deluxe edition and downloading on my Xbox.....

Helios

Who did the IGN review? The level of ignorance displayed there is absolutely incredible.
I'll give the reviewer a pass because mistakes can happen especially when you have to get the review done+ video on embargo day. But out of all the people that worked on the review not one of them realized that they're playing only half the game?

Last edited:

dolabla

Just checked my PS4 and X1 deluxe orders from Best Buy. It's no longer saying pre-ordered for the games and is now in the "preparing" stage. Soon :messenger_bicep:

Helios

A bittersweet moment:

FragrantScratchyHarrier-size_restricted.gif

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
After checking out some of the vids going up lately I'm super happy I sprung for the original soundtrack.

That's what I've been wondering. Rather to use the DLC costumes and the original soundtrack or play through with the all new stuff. They both sound pretty good.

Manus

Got my copy from cdkeys and ready to go! Now can I beat this before Tuesday and Kingdom Hearts 3 is out.

azz0r

Banned
Got my copy from cdkeys and ready to go! Now can I beat this before Tuesday and Kingdom Hearts 3 is out.
Does that mean you've got a download link already? I just bought it (so cheap!) from cdkeys - can I preload somehow?

CuNi

Whaaat. For me it's still saying its a pre-order and will be available a day before or on launch day..what platform did you buy it on? Would love to start pre loading...

Manus

Whaaat. For me it's still saying its a pre-order and will be available a day before or on launch day..what platform did you buy it on? Would love to start pre loading...

Well that's what I meant. Usually they don't have it ready for preload till like the day before launch. I preorder all the time through them and that's usually how they always are.

Didn't mean to be misleading.

CuNi

Well that's what I meant. Usually they don't have it ready for preload till like the day before launch. I preorder all the time through them and that's usually how they always are.

Ohh okay got it. No hard feelings. Haven't been looking forward to a game like that for some while now.

Geki-D

Banned
For those worried about the quality of the Leon statuette in the LE, I got mine today and it's really pretty good:
20190123-181445.jpg

20190123-181455.jpg

20190123-181421.jpg

20190123-181345.jpg

The key's too are lookin' good:
20190123-181541.jpg

20190123-181714.jpg

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
so which game will end up being the better game, Resident Evil 7 or this new RE2 remake?
Based on reviews it seems everyone forgot RE7 existed, RE2 formula is probably gonna be the RE series from now on.

ruvikx

Banned
Achievement list anywhere?

Here (in French): http://www.jeuxvideo.com/news/99098...-et-succes-du-remake-le-plus-attendu-2019.htm

Gold trophies are reserved for beating the Leon & Claire modes on hardcore difficulty. It's the silver "take no more than 14000 steps in the game" trophy which I find interesting. It's a creative variation on the "beat the game within a time limit" trophy we sometimes see in RE games.

Based on reviews it seems everyone forgot RE7 existed, RE2 formula is probably gonna be the RE series from now on.

RE7 now seems like an little experiment with their new game engine. RE2 will lead to RE3 remake & most certainly an RE4 remake as well. They'll all be third person & sell millions upon millions. It's one of those moments when quality product = increased sales.

CuNi

Just wanted to drop you a heads up, my key arrived by now. You might want to check now or soon-ish so you can start your Pre-Load! =)!
On PC it's 21.9GB in size.

ruvikx

Banned
RE7 was an excellent RE game...I hope it doesn't get forgotten among all the praise for this RE2 remake

RE7 is a noble effort, but it some problems. The enemies themselves (black slimy things) weren't so great, neither were the puzzles. It also ended just after it started to really became good (the ship levels). But it's not a bad game either. In the main numbered series I'd place it beneath RE1, 2, 3 & 4, but far above RE5 & 6.

kyubajin

How can you guys watch and read all the reviews, I'm dying here to stay as blind as possible and the anguish is killing me! Have the Steel Book edition preordered at GAME but don't reckon they'll break launch day.

How can you guys watch and read all the reviews, I'm dying here to stay as blind as possible and the anguish is killing me! Have the Steel Book edition preordered at GAME but don't reckon they'll break launch day.

I am with you! it's very tough! I feel I need to be sedated for the next two days. I have hype over drawls

ruvikx

Banned

I don't watch the video reviews (I check the scores) & I skip over the written reviews in which I only search for the important stuff, namely the tech side of things, i.e. how well does the game perform on the various platforms. The base PS4 seems to run at an average of 10 fps more than the base Xbox version, but the unlocked nature of the framerate means it won't feel like a huge improvement (locked 30 fps would be better than jumping between 40 & 55, for example). Sadly, it seems like this game is one of the real first big blockbuster AAA releases which makes the upgrade consoles (One X & PS Pro) a huge bonus because of 60 fps "lock" on those machines.

F the resolution, it's fps which makes a game playable or not.

Man I REALLY hope this Mr X shit isn't going to fuck up my Happy Fun Gaming Time

Question regarding Mr X...

From what I've gathered from previews and footage your only option is to run away??? Hate games that make me feel helpless, looking at you Outlast.

Last edited:
This doesn't look like a bad game especially. However, I just think it has a new coat of paint, and the fixed camera angles, the 1998 character models coming soon in a free update and whatnot, still gives it a retro feel. There is also a way to reduce the colour on your screen, so your TV feedback actually resembles an old PlayStation game. To me in general, however, the game just looks way too modern. If you think of it as a new game not related to the others, you may enjoy it more. With that said, I can see why it's just hard not to feel the need to make all these comparisons, as a fan of going on 20 years.

Top Bottom