• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil; 4 Remake is releasing on 3. 24. 2023

Urban

Couldn't resist.

dRv7vr9.png

wow-such-brave-much-hero.jpg

u a 12 year old Edgelord?

Africa (though for fucks’ sake, name a specific country, Capcom, you wouldn’t say a game is set in ‘Asia’ now would you? Same shit with 4, just say Spain…and use the right dialects next time!) does make for a unique setting and it would be cool to see it with modern graphics.
It's set in 'Kijuju', a fictional city in a fictional country in the africa continent; pretty sure most locations in RE are fictional.

Doom85

It's set in 'Kijuju', a fictional city in a fictional country in the africa continent; pretty sure most locations in RE are fictional.

Ah, I see. Yeah, they said a similar thing about RE4 once apparently, that it was set in “Eastern Europe”. Ah yes, all those Spanish speaking people in that area, of course!

But then with 6 and 7, they did specify Hong Kong and Louisiana respectively IIRC. I thought they specified Romania for 8 but apparently they didn’t so who knows moving forward if they will or not for future games. I just would prefer at least to have a more specific idea even if they don’t drop names as continents are kind of too big to just say only that. I mean, 7 would have been very different if it had took place in North Dakota for example so if they had only said 7 took place in “North America”, that would just be silly to me.

Ah, I see. Yeah, they said a similar thing about RE4 once apparently, that it was set in “Eastern Europe”. Ah yes, all those Spanish speaking people in that area, of course!

But then with 6 and 7, they did specify Hong Kong and Louisiana respectively IIRC. I thought they specified Romania for 8 but apparently they didn’t so who knows moving forward if they will or not for future games. I just would prefer at least to have a more specific idea even if they don’t drop names as continents are kind of too big to just say only that. I mean, 7 would have been very different if it had took place in North Dakota for example so if they had only said 7 took place in “North America”, that would just be silly to me.
The location in RE6 is actually called "Lanshiang" and it's located in "eastern China", it was modeled to capture the feel of Hong Kong though.
I think RE7 is the only one that takes place in an actual real world state, but I think that ties into how detached the game feels from traditional RE initially and how they marketed it; even then the actual location of the incident is in "Dulvey", which is again fictional.

brian0057

Banned
Last edited:

brian0057

Banned
Why? The Gamecube remake knocked the original out of the park (which, by YOUR logic, isn't possible). Why can't a 2023 remake do the same for the 2002 remake?
REmake was basically the original game but better.
REmake 2 and 3 (and more than likely, 4) are totally different games compared to the originals. They play completely different and removed things the original games had.
I have yet to see proof to the contrary.

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Looks crossgen. Also looks like the remake will be almost 1:1.
I know they switched development over a year ago because of creative difference.
The game was originally being developed by the guys that did RE3Remake & the producers of RE7/8.
but that switch to the RE2REmake devs.
They didn't mention which was which.
But one wanted 1:1 and the other wanted to do something different.
Yoshiaki Hirabayashi who did RE2REmake
Was also was the lead designer on RE4 and worked on the original REmake/0 as well as being producer on the REmake/0 HD.
I imagine he wants to inject more Horror in the game as he has said RE2REmake was the way forward for RE series.
while the other Devs was happy with a 1:1 action game, they probably wanted to make it first person too and are working on the VR content.
Who knows, we'll see.

Nickolaidas

I know they switched development over a year ago because of creative difference.
The game was originally being developed by the guys that did RE3Remake & the producers of RE7/8.
but that switch to the RE2REmake devs.
They didn't mention which was which.
But one wanted 1:1 and the other wanted to do something different.
Yoshiaki Hirabayashi who did RE2REmake
Was also was the lead designer on RE4 and worked on the original REmake/0 as well as being producer on the REmake/0 HD.
I imagine he wants to inject more Horror in the game as he has said RE2REmake was the way forward for RE series.
while the other Devs was happy with a 1:1 action game, they probably wanted to make it first person too and are working on the VR content.
Who knows, we'll see.
I like what I'm hearing a lot. I for one, want more horror and less Michael Bay bullshit.

• LOL
Reactions: TGO

Star-Lord

Can’t understand people that go to social media to harass other people.
Small man syndrome. I can only assume they were bullied for most of their life by everyone whoever had the displeasure of meeting them, so in their later lives they turned to social media to hide behind their monitor and try and act the big man. Unfortunately for them, it didn't work.

Nickolaidas

Small man syndrome. I can only assume they were bullied for most of their life by everyone whoever had the displeasure of meeting them, so in their later lives they turned to social media to hide behind their monitor and try and act the big man. Unfortunately for them, it didn't work.
I love this guy.

SeraphJan

Give RE3 Remake a break would you guys? That game is not as great as RE2 Remake, yes, but is still better than majority of horror games out there.

Last edited:

Nickolaidas

Give RE3 Remake a break would you guys? That game is not as great as RE2 Remake, yes, but is still better than majority of horror games out there.
Agreed. Sure, they missed the chance to make Nemesis even MORE stressful than Mr. X, and yes, they're missing a couple of locations but it's not nearly the dumpster fire people make it out to be.

But hey, who am I to talk for thinking the Last of Us 2 is a crock of shit? :)

GymWolf

Agreed. Sure, they missed the chance to make Nemesis even MORE stressful than Mr. X, and yes, they're missing a couple of locations but it's not nearly the dumpster fire people make it out to be.

But hey, who am I to talk for thinking the Last of Us 2 is a crock of shit? :)
The fact that they downgraded the gore from re2 remake was pure unadulterated bullshit.

Also cutting "a couple of location" on what is an already pretty short game was moronic to say the least.

We can only hope that re4 is gonna receive a different treatment.

Nickolaidas

PUMPED

I hope Code Veronica is coming at some point.
I'm honestly surprised that RE4 got the remake treatment before Veronica. It holds up much better than CV does. Still, I'm not complaining. The camera/visuals done in today's fashion are sure to improve the experience. The question is how much content will they add/cut?

sojuwarrior

pleasantly surprised this is next-gen only - doesn't look that much different from RE2 & 3 remakes judging from the trailer

I'm honestly surprised that RE4 got the remake treatment before Veronica. It holds up much better than CV does. Still, I'm not complaining. The camera/visuals done in today's fashion are sure to improve the experience. The question is how much content will they add/cut?

I had this same conversation, CV could really use an update, i was a little shocked they went the 4th route first, CV needs it more.

Jada_Li

Banned
Never played RE4, wondering if I should play it before the remake comes out
It's up to you of course, but it may be more interesting to play the original first and then that way you can see the reimagining of what they changed and how it's different. Or the REmake if you want your first RE4 experience to be the most modern. I've already played RE4 and got the game again for a third time. One on Gamecube but that version has Assignment Ada. The second was on PS2 which included a new storyline for Ada called Separate Ways, and the third on PC which is a HD overhaul and also includes both Ada's Assignment and Separate Ways. I have yet to play on PC because I am currently playing RE2. I can skip RE3 because I already played that and will go straight to RE4. I haven't played in years so I'm really excited to eventually get around to that game again but experience it in HD this time around.

brian0057

Banned
Never played RE4, wondering if I should play it before the remake comes out
Be advised.
A lot of people like to say that REmake 2 and 3 play like Resident Evil 4.
This is not true. The only similarity between them is the third-person, over-the-shoulder camera.

Resident Evil 4 uses tank controls just like the first three games but it never changes camera angles.
If you've only played the newer remakes, it's a totally different beast.

Last edited:

Heylon

Have they gave Ashley tights or is it just because it's dark? She's definitely wearing a skirt and knee high boots
They did. Ada also isn’t wearing her beautiful red dress in the trailer. All female characters will most likely be censored/covered up compared to the original.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
they are just saying that to avoid the backlash. They announced RE8 the same way.

this looks cross gen as fuck and is cross gen.

Unlikely, with Village we knew about the game being tested on PS4 Pros *way* before the release date, along with them announcing working on it a good year-ish before the games actual release date.

This is releasing in 9 months.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
They did. Ada also isn’t wearing her beautiful red dress in the trailer. All female characters will most likely be censored/covered up compared to the original.
Well if they're giving her tights to be realistic, then those tights need to ladder and rip...😏

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Unlikely, with Village we knew about the game being tested on PS4 Pros *way* before the release date, along with them announcing working on it a good year-ish before the games actual release date.

This is releasing in 9 months.
This game looks even worse than Village and RE2. I dont know how you think it can be next gen.

There is a reason why it looks last gen. It's because they wanted it to be on last gen consoles.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
This game looks even worse than Village and RE2. I dont know how you think it can be next gen.

There is a reason why it looks last gen. It's because they wanted it to be on last gen consoles.

We can't really judge based on a compressed YT stream.

At the very least we can say this will be 60 FPS and have RT in it, which is more than what most modern games do on consoles.

dDoc

They are? As for the past few years they‘ve been bouncing back and forth between Remakes and new RE titles, which is just fine.

What I meant is a 3rd person over the shoulder like Remake2 set in Raccoon city during the outbreak with new characters caught in the apocalypse rather than an RE8 first person game.

Would be great Capcom do it!

Generic

My fingers are crossed that they turn the action game that is resident evil 4 in to the horror game resident evil 4 remake.

Resident evil 2 remake is absolutely perfect so if this will play like 2 remake then we're in for a treat!
Reading the reactions in the internet I'm shocked at the amount of people who want Capcom to throw everything that made in RE4 good in the trash. Instead of adding new things in the remake (bigger hordes of enemies, bigger levels etc), so many fans want Capcom to do a 180° and remove these things. Do they even like RE4?

Last edited:

kunonabi

Reading the reactions in the internet I'm shocked at the amount of people who want Capcom to throw everything that made in RE4 good in the trash. Instead of adding new things in the remake (bigger hordes of enemies, bigger levels etc), so many fans want Capcom to do a 180° and remove these things. Do they even like RE4?
Those things that supposedly made RE4 "good" are things that some of us hated about it to begin with.

Negotiator101

Gold Member
Bought a Gamecube to play the original release and was literally blown away. Throughout my time as a gamer there's only been a few times I've been flawed by how good a game is, or the graphics and technology were beyond what I'd seen before.

Resident Evil 4 is still a good game but back then it was exceptional, this remake won't be groundbreaking like the original but I still can't wait to play it.

Top Bottom