• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RoboCop: Rogue City |OT| Somebody Call A Goddamn Paramedic!

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
This game deserve much better.
3HUZPoi.png

Hopefully a good word of mouth will help. I'm doing my part. Game is amazing, get it people.

zyhJS27.jpg

PuPR1wu.jpg

te2iyly.jpg

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
Yep. There's a trophy for it specifically and it's actually the best tactic to use on enemies wearing helmets. Instead of the dozen shots it takes to get the helmet off, just shoot em in the balls and be done with it

I love stuff like this. Same with these tanky enemies that are charging at you with a hammer. Instead of shooting just wait until he's in reach, grab the bastard toss him in the air and watch how he turns into red paste upon hitting the ground.👨‍🍳:messenger_blowing_kiss:

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
I love stuff like this. Same with these tanky enemies that are charging at you with a hammer. Instead of shooting just wait until he's in reach, grab the bastard toss him in the air and watch how he turns into red paste upon hitting the ground.👨‍🍳:messenger_blowing_kiss:

I love how the grab n throw is straight out of Crysis except more over the top :messenger_grinning_smiling:

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
I love how the grab n throw is straight out of Crysis except more over the top :messenger_grinning_smiling:

I just unlocked a circuit board upgrade that makes the gore even more over the top. Man, this game is just made for me. The attention to detail. Stuff like the way blood slowly spill down the wall... it's stupid and it didn't have to be implemented. But someone cared to put it in.

YuLY

This game deserve much better.
3HUZPoi.png
Yea this is sad and shows where the industry is now. Unless its a gaas or 50h open world, it gets no attention. I hope it does well, I loved Terminator Resistance and will probably love this one also, so I'm hoping they can continue this trend of making cool games about 80s/90s interesting movie IPs.

But yea...AAs are dead in the water these days man..

Last edited:

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Yea this is sad and shows where the industry is now. Unless its a gaas or 50h open world, it gets no attention. I hope it does well, I loved Terminator Resistance and will probably love this one also, so I'm hoping they can continue this trend of making cool games about 80s/90s interesting movie IPs.

But yea...AAs are dead in the water these days man..

Hopefully word of mouth carries it just like with Terminator Resistance.

RAIDEN1

In theory they could do a sequel to this game set in 1996/1997, would be interesting to see how Murphy would have evolved...where as this game is set between Robocop 2 and 3 so circa 1991/1992....Also I guess MANY here won't remember it but the last great Robocop game was probably the one released for the Commodore Amiga machines in the early 90s, ie Robocop 3....

Last edited:

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
In theory they could do a sequel to this game set in 1996/1997, would be interesting to see how Murphy would have evolved...where as this game is set between Robocop 2 and 3 so circa 1991/1992....Also I guess MANY here won't remember it but the last great Robocop game was probably the one released for the Commodore Amiga machines in the early 90s, ie Robocop 3....

What about Robocop vs The Terminator circa 94

MA-13 on the Genesis :messenger_sunglasses:

ElRenoRaven

So ran into my first bug. I have to access the mainframe to print something off yet it won't let me move the selector to any other option but the first one. Tried reloading leaving and coming back into room, etc so may have to try retarting game and restarting from the checkpoint before.

Still not bad considering how long I've been playing so far to have that be my first bug.

*Edit* sure enough restarting the game worked. I could then move make my selection I needed to to do it.

Last edited:

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Playing this on my shit PC, I can find a decent balance between performance and looks by locking it to 30fps (though cut scenes often drop below even when nothing much is going on, weird) but I have to say, even when I test Epic settings, it doesn't look so hot. The ground especially shimmers so much, the whole image isn't very stable (had to test all the different upscaling/native settings to find those that don't cause super visible trails on every object), lumen reflections don't do much, clutter objects spawn/pop in just metres ahead even with the furthest lod setting, etc., weird. Fun though.

Last edited:

Ovech-King

Gold Member
I'd love to play more than 15 minutes but all the LowLevelFatalError crashes on PC is pretty bad. Tried a lot of suggestions but it's a dead end, need to wait for a patch or another nvidia driver update, etc.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
I'd love to play more than 15 minutes but all the LowLevelFatalError crashes on PC is pretty bad. Tried a lot of suggestions but it's a dead end, need to wait for a patch or another nvidia driver update, etc.

Must be something with your specific configuration. 7 hours, 0 crashes. Just one soft lock (don’t shoot all the targets when game is asking you to score at least 15 points to calibrate someone’s weapon… it’s not prepared for that, lol).

Last edited:

Neff

Yeah I really like this. People who don't love Robocop (these people do exist believe it or not) might be wondering what all the fuss is about, but for a fan, it absolutely hits the spot.

Best Robocop game ever, hands down.

GymWolf

Gold Member
Huh, the game seems to run well (though the initial shader compilation really should have some progress bar to let player know it is happening, stuttery menu is not great first impressions) - all maxed out incl. lumen reflections and 60fps stable.

But some textures seem to load slowly - like I have to go to them for them to load fully - and I do not remember this issue happening in the demo. Anyone else seeing this on PC? I only walked around the first street, it is well visible on the road textures.
Yeah, a lot of texture load slowly, like A LOT of textures.

very very distracting.

GymWolf

Gold Member
This is strange coming off from Terminator: Resistance which is no exaggeration one of the most responsive and better feeling console FPS I've ever played.
I have no problem with a controller whatsoever, but i'm on pc.

What version of robocop and gun are you people using?

I like the light blue version from 2 and the pitch black gun combo.

Last edited:

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
I really like the game, but they don't know how to make aiming feel good on a controller. It's totally messed up and slugish in every possible way. This isn't the way to do it.

I'm on PC and I always play shooters with M+K but this one feels just right on a controller (8BitDo Ultimate) due to slow nature of movement. At what framerate are you playing? I've locked mine 120FPS. I think it's great...

Played for about 2 hours yesterday.

My findings:

+ The atmosphere is off the charts
+ It feels like you are Robocop
+ Good humor
+ Gunplay is great fun once you get Focus
+ So much stuff going on in intense fights, its crazy!
+ Environmental destruction is something else

- Some clipping issues. I grabbed a guy and threw him into a wall. Only the feet sticking out.
- Non responsive NPC's Had one enemy in weapon pose without a weapon. Didnt respond to gunfire or anything.
- UE being UE. Slow loading of textures in some areas. In the police station there was a flag that took 2 minutes to load its hires textures

This game is wild! Had a massive firefight. Shot a gas canister which flew in the air into a corner which I couldn't see. A big bang, lots of debris, smoke and flying baddies. Laughed my ass off :D
If they handle this game with care; ae QoL improvements, this could become of the most underrated pearls of this gen so far.

FUCKING LOVING IT!!

4c1nUxV.jpg

JPG compression kills this image. It's MUCH sharper in action.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member
I just unlocked a circuit board upgrade that makes the gore even more over the top. Man, this game is just made for me. The attention to detail. Stuff like the way blood slowly spill down the wall... it's stupid and it didn't have to be implemented. But someone cared to put it in.
Dude if you like blood details, pay close attention to HOW the blood pool forms under the cadavers right after you kill them, it must be the most realistic blood pool formation i ever seen (it stop a bit too abruptly tho).
Not the look of it, but just how it forms.

Dude if you like blood details, pay close attention to HOW the blood pool forms under the cadavers right after you kill them, it must be the most realistic blood pool formation i ever seen (it stop a bit too abruptly tho).
Not the look of it, but just how it forms.
I got the board too and upgraded it instantly. Haven't gotten around testing it yet.

I do like the bullet time. It's batshit crazy with everything going on.
I tossed a gas canister, immediately went in slow mo and shot it mid air between some pillars.

Plaster flying around, smoke, sparks etc. It truly is something special.

The game does need some polish in certain areas, but man its addictive!

GymWolf

Gold Member
I got the board too and upgraded it instantly. Haven't gotten around testing it yet.

I do like the bullet time. It's batshit crazy with everything going on.
I tossed a gas canister, immediately went in slow mo and shot it mid air between some pillars.

Plaster flying around, smoke, sparks etc. It truly is something special.

The game does need some polish in certain areas, but man its addictive!
I think you quoted the wrong person.

GymWolf

Gold Member

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Just got the artbook key for participating in closed beta and providing feedback afterwards. But since I pre-ordered Alex Murphy Edition which came with the artbook and pre-order bonus, I don't need this key. If any of you guys need it, just let me know via PM and I'll share:messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

Last edited:

Hugare

You can throw CRTs at the enemies

10/10

But seriously, game looks good, but character models shows that its an AA game. They look really bad, in general.

Atmosphere is great, they nailed it.

Gameplay feels good but its very, very basic. If its stays this basic, story/levels will have to do the heavy lifting to sustain the experience.

Just did the first 3 sidequests at the police station, and they were awesome: short and funny.
Reward for sidequests should always be well written content.

While those games don't seem perfect it's important for me to support AA Studios who put a lot of care in their games like Kingdom Come Deliverance & Elex 😊
Not perfect, but damn good fun! I cant wait for their next project.

I'm more content giving mid tier studios that actually put in effort my money then the cashgrabbing AAA studios who only cater to shareholders. Fuck em.
That's why I chose Robocop over MW3.

And I haven't seen ANYONE mention the awesome theme in the main menu. Gave me goosebumps. The Robo theme on piano. Yes please!

Hot Fuzz Shame GIF

Last edited:

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
While those games don't seem perfect it's important for me to support AA Studios who put a lot of care in their games like Kingdom Come Deliverance & Elex 😊

Depends on what's your definition of 'perfect'. Both RoboCop: Rogue City and Terminator: Resistance are perfect adaptations of beloved IPs to video game form, more so than some of the recent AAA offerings. No agenda, no bullshit. You can feel the love and respect developers had for these franchises.

Depends on what's your definition of 'perfect'. Both RoboCop: Rogue City and Terminator: Resistance are perfect adaptations of beloved IPs to video game form, more so than some of the recent AAA offerings. No agenda, no bullshit. You can feel the love and respect developers had for these franchises.
Is the game perfect from a technical pov? No.
Is the game perfect for delivering atmosphere, nostalgia and outright fanservice? HELL YES!

GymWolf

Gold Member
You can throw CRTs at the enemies

10/10

But seriously, game looks good, but character models shows that its an AA game. They look really bad, in general.

Atmosphere is great, they nailed it.

Gameplay feels good but its very, very basic. If its stays this basic, story/levels will have to do the heavy lifting to sustain the experience.

Just did the first 3 sidequests at the police station, and they were awesome: short and funny.
Reward for sidequests should always be well written content.
Gameplay gets more varied the more enemy type they introduce and the more abilities you upgrade, but yeah some of the heavy lifting is done by the situations you are in, like yesterday i did a
kill contest with the swat team\ed 209 inside a bank with a lot of destruction going on, it was linear but fucking glorious.

Top Bottom