• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 announced for PS4 and Xbox One

Can't blame a girl for trying to, you know, actually bring the discussion back around to the focus of the thread in the first place? I agree with your general point that music from this era isn't inherently inferior. I happen to also agree with the prior poster that current music likely to make it into Rock Band 4 won't stand the test of time the way 70s/80s classics have.

Lol, we're on the same page ;D Though I'd argue that the prior poster never made that point.

I was talking about Rock Band 3. I have 107+ songs I downloaded because it's the music I like and it's not boring trash IMO. I'm also sour that RBN songs won't be on RB4, that's more than half the content I bought and downloaded and it's bs.

Shit, how'd I miss that?

Even vocals? Just kinda feels like this one would be all talkies.

Still eager to play it though. And by "play" I mean "flail towards the drums and hope I pass".

Yep, even vocals. Apparently they charted the whole song with pitches.

Yoday

Is there any way to get an export licence for Rock Band 2(if there ever was one)? We had RB1, RB2, and Beatles RB. I know the Beatles stuff won't carry over for obvious reasons, but it would be nice to have the RB2 songs on my account like I was able to do with the RB1 songs.

FyreWulff

Is there any way to get an export licence for Rock Band 2(if there ever was one)? We had RB1, RB2, and Beatles RB. I know the Beatles stuff won't carry over for obvious reasons, but it would be nice to have the RB2 songs on my account like I was able to do with the RB1 songs.

The export has officially expired, but you can call EA and try to get a working export code, which you'll need RB3 to redeem

Will the Amazon bonus tracks be included with the disc-only version of the game? They're currently not listed when you select that option. That Death from Above 1979 song is one of the few announced tracks I'm actually looking forward to at the moment.

FyreWulff

Will the Amazon bonus tracks be included with the disc-only version of the game? They're currently not listed when you select that option. That Death from Above 1979 song is one of the few announced tracks I'm actually looking forward to at the moment.

Not sure but historically "retailer exclusive songs" have quickly found their way to the DLC store

Not sure but historically "retailer exclusive songs" have quickly found their way to the DLC store

Yeah I know, but it would be nice if they extended the free DLC to the game itself and not just the expensive bundles. Hell, the 30 Harmonix DLC songs aren't even listed as coming with the disc-only version.

Bladelaw

So here's my conundrum:
Do I get the Band-In-A-Box Bundle (BIABB) or keep my Guitar+Game (G+G) only pre-order?

I have working instruments (all of them) from last-gen, I still regularly play Rock Band 3.

The advantages of having two set-ups are all convenience related (not moving sets of instruments up/down stairs, losing the dongle to small children). The disadvantage is obviously cost. I have no doubt I'll get my money's worth but it's still a hefty chunk of change especially with no announcement on individual instrument pricing. Has anyone tried the RB4 drums? Do they feel appreciably better than the RB2 drums?

SFenton

So here's my conundrum:
Do I get the Band-In-A-Box Bundle (BIABB) or keep my Guitar+Game (G+G) only pre-order?

I have working instruments (all of them) from last-gen, I still regularly play Rock Band 3.

The advantages of having two set-ups are all convenience related (not moving sets of instruments up/down stairs, losing the dongle to small children). The disadvantage is obviously cost. I have no doubt I'll get my money's worth but it's still a hefty chunk of change especially with no announcement on individual instrument pricing. Has anyone tried the RB4 drums? Do they feel appreciably better than the RB2 drums?

Played 'em at PAX, no appreciable differences on the surface. They've been touting improved internals, however.

Thing that's worrying me is that there's no cymbals pack preorder yet :(

bounchfx

RB4 will force me to use my XB1 more. Can't lose my DLC. Dove back into RB Blitz the other night. Too bad the RB4 songs won't be playable on that.

it'll force me to use mine at all :\. I was hoping to get rid of it since it's still not plugged in, but I can't just ignore 400 dlc songs. ugh, I wish they were transferable. :(

Still not enough post-hardcore/prog metal/metal in general.
I need songs that are hard but fun to play, about 3/4 of the songs on the RB3 disc are boring to play.

this is what RBN was for. there was MORE than enough metal and prog. Check it out.

pacman85

Yeah I know, but it would be nice if they extended the free DLC to the game itself and not just the expensive bundles. Hell, the 30 Harmonix DLC songs aren't even listed as coming with the disc-only version.
Yeah, all these different pre-order bonus songs for the different versions are getting really silly. Kinda crazy that on the PS4 if you buy the $250 band in a box bundle, you do NOT get the 10 bonus songs that people will get for just getting the $60 digital version off the PS Store.

it'll force me to use mine at all :\. I was hoping to get rid of it since it's still not plugged in, but I can't just ignore 400 dlc songs. ugh, I wish they were transferable. :(

this is what RBN was for. there was MORE than enough metal and prog. Check it out.

i know d: just wish there was more on the ps3.

Yeah, all these different pre-order bonus songs for the different versions are getting really silly. Kinda crazy that on the PS4 if you buy the $250 band in a box bundle, you do NOT get the 10 bonus songs that people will get for just getting the $60 digital version off the PS Store.

Honestly there's only a few good songs in the pre order bonuses. I'd rather just wait the couple of weeks and buy them.

zulux21

So here's my conundrum:

i've been debating this myself, but in my case the bundle vs just the game. I don't give a crap about the guitar that can just be chucked out the window once I get the box, it's mostly if I think I need a new drum set and another mic for an extra $140 (I likely don't :/)

pacman85

Honestly there's only a few good songs in the pre order bonuses. I'd rather just wait the couple of weeks and buy them.
Right, but that is a completely relative statement as everyone has different tastes in music. Some people may absolutely love some of the songs in the 4 song pack from Amazon for only the original bundles or the 10 song pack from Sony for only the digital PS4 version or the 30 song pack from multiple retailers but only for the original bundles. Speaking of which, have we heard anything about the digital version of the game having any bonus songs for MS/XBox One?

Right, but that is a completely relative statement as everyone has different tastes in music. Some people may absolutely love some of the songs in the 4 song pack from Amazon for only the original bundles or the 10 song pack from Sony for only the digital PS4 version or the 30 song pack from multiple retailers but only for the original bundles. Speaking of which, have we heard anything about the digital version of the game having any bonus songs for MS/XBox One?

All I've heard was the digital Xbox preorder is soon.

Also with these songs that we have for the pre order bonuses, I really hope we're getting 3 packs from these bands. I'd love a 3 pack for Pantera, DFA 1979 and Duran Duran.

Well turns out I can't preorder online at Best Buy anymore, these move in fees + bills prevented me from doing so until now :(

If I go to a store to preorder, is it guaranteed to be open? And will I need to pay it all upfront or is it a $5 fee like Gamestop? I really want that $50 off. Thankfully my Amazon preorder has been in place since June.

Bladelaw

i've been debating this myself, but in my case the bundle vs just the game. I don't give a crap about the guitar that can just be chucked out the window once I get the box, it's mostly if I think I need a new drum set and another mic for an extra $140 (I likely don't :/)

If it helps I've decided to keep just the G+G bundle and grab the dongle. Personal finances aren't letting me just dump an extra $140 unfortunately. I'm just hoping I can get the dongle when I get my bundle since I want to have a party to celebrate.

If I go to a store to preorder, is it guaranteed to be open? And will I need to pay it all upfront or is it a $5 fee like Gamestop? I really want that $50 off. Thankfully my Amazon preorder has been in place since June.

Not guaranteed, but it's worth a shot. You can pay off at least $5 upfront, but after that, you have to pay the rest no earlier than launch day. Also note that the discount won't be applied until you pick up the game.

ViciousDS

Banned
CTRL+F "export"

Lego
Green day
Rock band 1

-shoots himself-

Nnnnooooooo how in the fuck did I not export RB2!!!!! I just want to cancel my pre order now, I'm so fucking depressed that I never exported them

CTRL+F "export"

Lego
Green day
Rock band 1

-shoots himself-

Nnnnooooooo how in the fuck did I not export RB2!!!!! I just want to cancel my pre order now, I'm so fucking depressed that I never exported them

You can still try to contact EA Support. You're not guaranteed a code, but I've heard enough positive results to say it's worth a shot.

ViciousDS

Banned
No, I mean contact EA Support for a new code. If you get a working code and still have a working copy of Rock Band 3, you should be fine.

Hm interesting, guess I'll give it a go

How's that possible? Wouldn't they want you to have a rock band 2 copy lol

Talking to support now.....hoping I don't mess this up lol

FyreWulff

Hm interesting, guess I'll give it a go

How's that possible? Wouldn't they want you to have a rock band 2 copy lol

When it was officially supported EA would always give you a free manual code.

The ones they gave you were distinct for letting you pay the 10$ export though because they wouldn't work to get you the 20 free bonus tracks

ViciousDS

Banned
When it was officially supported EA would always give you a free manual code.

The ones they gave you were distinct for letting you pay the 10$ export though because they wouldn't work to get you the 20 free bonus tracks

So you just input the code in RB3 and pay?
Oooooo she's typing

ViciousDS

Banned
If the code works, yep, that's it.

Rebecca
I'm sorry. I tried and we don't have the codes anymore. They recently updated the website and are directing everyone with Rock Bank issues over to Harmonix as we don't have access anymore to the codes.

The dream is dead

gvHlJfN.gif

Nicholas......if your looking in here, PM me a dang RB2 export code

Bauer91

I tried getting a PS3 RB2 export code a few days ago from the chat but they needed to know what my Origin account was and I don't have one. Don't see how that's related to Rock Band/PSN, were others asked for it as well?

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
What kind of achievements/trophies do you guys think will be in this one? My personal claim to fame:

I really liked the challenges introduced in the beatles rock band and green day rock band, some of them I accepted I would never get like the harmonies ones D: , it's hard enough to find one person to sing, let alone 3! I missed the bladder of steel achievement though in rock band 3, bring it back harmonix!

The dream is dead

gvHlJfN.gif

Nicholas......if your looking in here, PM me a dang RB2 export code

I don't think Nick will be able to help since EA has all the codes. But my sister was just able to get an RB2 export code from EA support 25 minutes ago. So you may just need to try again and hope for another agent who is more helpful. Edit: The agent who gave the code was named Jeet, in case that might help.

Bauer91

I don't think Nick will be able to help since EA has all the codes. But my sister was just able to get an RB2 export code from EA support 25 minutes ago. So you may just need to try again and hope for another agent who is more helpful. Edit: The agent who gave the code was named Jeet, in case that might help.

RB2 or RB3 chat and did they ask for an Origin account?

Hope they reintroduce the RB2 songs in some way.
Still waiting to get a few of those free ones from the 20 pack again somehow. RIP Prequel to the Sequel. And thanks Baron, I'll probably just settle with Amazon.

Also for those trying to get an export code, smile; you will surely get the Karkland.

ViciousDS

Banned
Are the token servers down? I can't even review my past codes entered

BTW a guy rep named Norman got me one!

Gamer tag and region was all he asked for

Top Bottom