• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 announced for PS4 and Xbox One

Well there is a code on the back of the manual

Possible in the future but I would say definitely hold on to at least the manual
What sucks about that is I traded in my physical copy when the digital version was $10. Figured I played it enough.

Hopefully all digital copies are automatically exported if they get around to doing that.

ViciousDS

Banned
What sucks about that is I traded in my physical copy when the digital version was $10. Figured I played it enough.

Hopefully all digital copies are automatically exported if they get around to doing that.

I don't think that will be a problem I'm pretty sure they know exactly what they would do if it came to that. They have been trying there best by far then any company to get support on what you already own

I don't think that will be a problem I'm pretty sure they know exactly what they would do if it came to that. They have been trying there best by far then any company to get support on what you already own
This is true and I'm not really stressed about it. Just one of those things I should have been smarter about. I'd have a free code for someone else at the very least.

I will pay for the RB1 token and also a RB2 if they decide to do it. It really sucks having to start fresh on PS4 but I can't afford to buy a One. I really just want more Rock Band and I don't mind paying for the songs I want again.

FyreWulff

The non-freestyle regular guitar solos are called 'scripted solos' in official terminology for the achievements

Also only 2 full band required achievements. Technically the rest of them are all obtainable solo, as far as I can tell.

8x band multiplier
vote 4 different ways on the next song

ViciousDS

Banned
Have they stated whether or not I can buy "throne" by bring me the horizon day one on Xbox? That whole digital bonus pre order kind of pissed me off along with the Amazon crap.

I want that song sssssoooooo bad

Have they stated whether or not I can buy "throne" by bring me the horizon day one on Xbox? That whole digital bonus pre order kind of pissed me off along with the Amazon crap.

I want that song sssssoooooo bad

We don't know when those songs are gonna be added to the general DLC store. Rock Band 3's preorder bonus songs came out on the DLC store two weeks after the game's launch for what it's worth.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
The non-freestyle regular guitar solos are called 'scripted solos' in official terminology for the achievements

Also only 2 full band required achievements. Technically the rest of them are all obtainable solo, as far as I can tell.

8x band multiplier
vote 4 different ways on the next song

Triple awesome on harmonies? unless there's an easy song like centerfold where you can do it yourself.

FyreWulff

Triple awesome on harmonies? unless there's an easy song like centerfold where you can do it yourself.

Yeah I'm counting DLC songs in getting some of these solo. Who knows if there's an RB4 song that would let you do it, also remember all legacy songs have harmonies now so one of the exports may have an easy triple.

I swear there's a few easy solo triples in DLC I have, I just can't think of any off the top of my head.

FyreWulff

There's one requiring
you to score a million points in a single song in Quickplay
. I don't think that's possible solo.

------ 2112? -----------

edit: yeah looking around at top score videos, you'd need to
voxtar/voxbass/voxdrum 2112 on expert to get to a million
, so nevermind on that one

Shock

Banned
So excited about the game.... not real excited about $250 when my HOA fees and car(s) plates are due the same day... lol.

I couldn't get old songs and lost my code going from RB2 to 3, and the hassle was so great that I am still affected by it; i.e. I barely played 3 I cant see myself purchasing this because of it.

Is there anything that can be said to change my mind?

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
No endless setlist achievement this time? I'm so relieved.

The bladder of steel achievement was so cool though, it proved who was hardcore. I traveled across the pacific ocean and my friend and I completed it on expert guitar and bass, and after that we just wanted to play more!

Edit: technically I took a bathroom break with a song that had a long intro and no bass part, we read up about it online in preparation.

ViciousDS

Banned
I'm not that great on expert but holy hell did I butcher the afterlife solo worse then I remember butchering it lol.

Sadly only over 600 songs with RB3.....no one here would probably want to play with there 4K libraries lol

The rust is strong as well with this one

Seriously somebody please take a picture and black out their serial in their Rock Band 3 manual because I've looked multiple times and have never seen a code for what may or not be an export code in the future.

ViciousDS

Banned
Seriously somebody please take a picture and black out their serial in their Rock Band 3 manual because I've looked multiple times and have never seen a code for what may or not be an export code in the future.

It's on the back of the manual lol

Above the giant dance central ad

goldenpp72

So, I own every one of these games physically, even the track packs on 360. Will I be able to use them on RB4 or am I SOL if I didn't buy them digitally?

http://youtu.be/jTXn623LMSE

This is the most footage of Rock Band 4 at 60fps we have. Forgive some of the players. They're drunk.

So, I own every one of these games physically, even the track packs on 360. Will I be able to use them on RB4 or am I SOL if I didn't buy them digitally?

Only if you've gotten the exports for 1,2, and Lego. And redeemed the codes that came with the track packs. If you haven't, you can still get the export for 1 and maybe for 2. I believe with Lego you're sol. But I think the track packs codes still work? And with RB3 there isn't any export option yet. They're looking into it.

FyreWulff

Not all Rock Band 3 games had a code on the manual. I wouldn't worry about it. If it ever exports I'm sure they'll make it fairly easy to obtain it.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Definitely hope so, I'd be so upset losing a lot of the great songs on the setlist.
Same. Really loved the soundtrack RB 3 had and I'm definitely going to miss playing a lot of songs from it when RB 4 is out. Hopefully the export doesn't take a long time!

I'm not that great on expert but holy hell did I butcher the afterlife solo worse then I remember butchering it lol.

Sadly only over 600 songs with RB3.....no one here would probably want to play with there 4K libraries lol

The rust is strong as well with this one

Don't worry too much about it. I "only" have a little over 1000 songs.

I wonder if we will see career in action before launch. 1 month and 1 day so not a whole lot of time left but at the same time its nice to have a bit of mystery. I'd really enjoy a deep dive on career though unless I've missed it already.

Storm360

Question: The chart mentions wired drums working on PS4, would this include my Roland drums?

EDIT: Also, if anyone is up for RB3 - my XBL GT is MikuIsMaiWaifu, I have close to 2000 songs

Neil_J_UK

Holy crap I'm so damn pumped for this game. I was soooooo hooked on RB1/2, but never played RB3 as I got rid of my instruments. Got the BIAB ordered and just picked up a GH WT guitar on ebay to use, as I wasn't a fan of the stratocaster at all.

Lady Gaia

Question: The chart mentions wired drums working on PS4, would this include my Roland drums?

Nobody seems to know. Harmonix is definitely being cagey about it, whether for their own reasons or at the request of their publisher. My guess is that it will just work but be officially unsupported until they exhaust every avenue trying to achieve platform parity.

I picked up a PS3 MIDI Pro Adapter just in case for my Roland kit...

Storm360

Nobody seems to know. Harmonix is definitely being cagey about it, whether for their own reasons or at the request of their publisher. My guess is that it will just work but be officially unsupported until they exhaust every avenue trying to achieve platform parity.

I picked up a PS3 MIDI Pro Adapter just in case for my Roland kit...

I have all my DLC on xbox but i'll pick up a PS4 copy for the on disc songs if it works, otherwise i'm not bothering at all with this game.

espher

Grah, looking like I won't be able to get enough people (or a camera) together before the Rock Band Road Crew deadline.

Hopefully HMX opens it up again down the road, even if it means missing out on the bundle itself. :(

Top Bottom