• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 announced for PS4 and Xbox One

It's worth pointing out that, unless it's specifically programmed, it's impossible to get the platinum trophy if you don't use an official Rock Band guitar.

pacman85

Grah, looking like I won't be able to get enough people (or a camera) together before the Rock Band Road Crew deadline.

Hopefully HMX opens it up again down the road, even if it means missing out on the bundle itself. :(
dude they should just give you a copy of the full bundle just for doing the harmony project and then giving it to harmonix. that is freakin awesome and all of us getting rock band 4 should be grateful for your (and others that contributed to it) work.

I've got about ten people coming over tomorrow to help film my video. My wife and I are bribing our friends with free alchohol, jambalaya and cupcakes. Our regularly scheduled Rock Band Event is in two weeks!

Gorger

It's worth pointing out that, unless it's specifically programmed, it's impossible to get the platinum trophy if you don't use an official Rock Band guitar.

I was curious if people could help you with instrumental specific trophies through PS4's shareplay, but I have heard it's only compatible with the DS4.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
I really wish they would add "Danger! High Voltage" from Electric Six to the game, I fell in love with it after being introduced to it by the Forza 6 "Legacy" ad.

ViciousDS

Banned
I think it's DLC

Edit: never mind I was thinking of Gay Bar. As per usual.

It's not on the list, but I swear I remember seeing some of there songs. Wonder if they got pulled due to licensing

Edit: it was a 3 pack. Didn't have the song he wanted, but yes the electric six pack seems to be gone

Have they stated whether or not I can buy "throne" by bring me the horizon day one on Xbox? That whole digital bonus pre order kind of pissed me off along with the Amazon crap.

I want that song sssssoooooo bad

but its awful ):
should have been something from Sempiternel, not their new album.

espher

dude they should just give you a copy of the full bundle just for doing the harmony project and then giving it to harmonix. that is freakin awesome and all of us getting rock band 4 should be grateful for your (and others that contributed to it) work.

Meh, I already have a plan for a video down the road, and I want to get in for the event and swag stuff more than anything. ;)

Lady Gaia

I have all my DLC on xbox but i'll pick up a PS4 copy for the on disc songs if it works, otherwise i'm not bothering at all with this game.

All my DLC is on the 360, too, but it will be cheaper to buy the 100-odd songs I'd want again than to pick up an Xbox One. I originally bought quite a few tracks specifically for the keyboard parts and that's pretty much pointless now.

vg260

I really wish they would add "Danger! High Voltage" from Electric Six to the game, I fell in love with it after being introduced to it by the Forza 6 "Legacy" ad.

I love Electric Six and want Danger High Voltage bad, especially with harmonies now. Way back when I used to bug them about trying to get into the game I got a scoop on the 3-pack coming to the game and was told it could have easily been in the pack :(

Go listen to them if you haven't. They put out a new album every year, and they're really great. Also go see them live. They rock and the lead singer is hilarious.

Shock

Banned
Is this game going to sell well with the price point for the full set?

Someone refresh my memory, how much was the original Rock Band full set?

Is this game going to sell well with the price point for the full set?

Best Buy's online preorders have sold out. The band bundle is currently on the second page of Amazon's best-selling video game preorders, and all the Rock Band bundles are selling better than both of the Guitar Hero bundles (the worst-selling Rock Band bundle is on page five, the best-selling Guitar Hero bundle is on page eight).

Shock

Banned
Best Buy's online preorders have sold out. The band bundle is currently on the second page of Amazon's best-selling video game preorders, and all the Rock Band bundles are selling better than both of the Guitar Hero bundles (the worst-selling Rock Band bundle is on page five, the best-selling Guitar Hero bundle is on page eight).

Sweet baby rays..... I pre-ordered it...

ViciousDS

Banned
but its awful ):
should have been something from Sempiternel, not their new album.

Throne and drown are the only new stuff I want. After that house of wolves, antivist(this isn't happening due to language) and shadow Moses

Or just give me the whole Sempiternal album....it's flawless

Storm360

So you calibrate the game to make it optional for the person play it.

Then your own lag settings are off, and the problem with shareplay isn't audiovisual lag, it's input and stream lag which is extremely inconsistent, can change over the course of a song and no amount of calibration will fix that.

All my DLC is on the 360, too, but it will be cheaper to buy the 100-odd songs I'd want again than to pick up an Xbox One. I originally bought quite a few tracks specifically for the keyboard parts and that's pretty much pointless now.

I have nearly 2000 songs, so thats not a option although I do have about 600 songs on PS3 so I'd still have a decent selection I suppose.

ViciousDS

Banned
Beaten just came here to let people know about this because Best Buy is now sold out of the Xbox One band bundle. This is even a better deal than if you have game club unlocked as that only took it to $200. Here's the link.

http://store.madcatz.com/Rock-Band-4/

With double points via GCU it's actually the same. I think I would lose maybe $5 through Best Buy. Plus I get double points using PayPal. So I make up that $5 in the log run.

Got to know how to abuse credit card point systems!

I feel torn about buying the full band bundle and having to re-buy all my DLC songs since I played RB on the 360 last gen. I want more RB but man is that a lot of money for me to pour into it.

kdoll08

With double points via GCU it's actually the same. I think I would lose maybe $5 through Best Buy. Plus I get double points using PayPal. So I make up that $5 in the log run.

Got to know how to abuse credit card point systems!

Oh I already have it on order with Best Buy so I'll be getting my extra $5 but I just put it out there for people that missed out on the Xbox bundle since Best Buy appears to be sold out at this point.

ViciousDS

Banned
Oh I already have it on order with Best Buy so I'll be getting my extra $5 but I just put it out there for people that missed out on the Xbox bundle since Best Buy appears to be sold out at this point.

I expected Xbox to go first despite install base. Because of the DLC, no one wants to invest that much all over. It's the reason guitar hero will sell more on PS4, is because no transferable DLC, plus no legacy hardware compatibility either.

But I know what's his face here, said that he was really disappointed to see the Best Buy one sold out so this will be good for him. He barely missed getting a bundle.

ViciousDS

Banned
I think I got it for $150 somewhere. Hell, I guess if a $150 controller can sell a $250 Rock Band is easy.

The guitars were only $99 though for RB1 and 2, this $150 is insane. The drum set I think was the same as well.

Edit: nvm only $90

OAy23XA.jpg

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Just a heads up to any Canadians looking for the adapter bundle on Xbox - Best Buy has it on sale for 102/107 right now. It's still a rip off (even with the exchange rate), but it's better than nothing.

Storm360

I preordered a guitar bundle for £50... if the order doesn't get cancelled i'll probably play a few songs and set it aside for the future

1 month away from RB4 guys! You guys wanna play a guessing game? I was wondering what song they were gonna use for the intro video. RB1 was Highway Star, RB2 was Hello There, and RB3 was Break on Through.

If I was to bet, I'm going to go with Panama. They like to use classic rock for the intro, so I'm gonna go with the obvious choice.

BTM

1 month away from RB4 guys! You guys wanna play a guessing game? I was wondering what song they were gonna use for the intro video. RB1 was Highway Star, RB2 was Hello There, and RB3 was Break on Through.

If I was to bet, I'm going to go with Panama. They like to use classic rock for the intro, so I'm gonna go with the obvious choice.

Probably gonna be Centuries
Please god no

Still holding out hope for online play to be either there at launch or added in shortly thereafter. RB4 multiplayer is the only thing I'd pay Gold for.

Daigoro

Question: Can I buy the Legacy Game Controller Adapter separately from the Rock Band 4 software?
Answer: We currently do not have plans to sell the Legacy Game Controller Adapter separately from the game software, but this may change in the future.

just catching up and read this on the faq.

so im buying the big box and now i have to buy the fucking game twice (to get the adapter), or also buy a new guitar (and let all of my old shit rot) to play with a full band on release?

wtf is this shit?

wait, cant buy the guitar separately either. so if i buy the big box and want the adapter, i have to buy the game twice either way...

this is some bullshit HMX.

God I am so excited for this game. I preordered the PS4 digital release, and I'm splurging on all new instruments so I ordered a BITB and guitar combo.

Fingers crossed for the Rock Band 3 export.

FyreWulff

just catching up and read this on the faq.

so im buying the big box and now i have to buy the fucking game twice (to get the adapter), or also buy a new guitar (and let all of my old shit rot) to play with a full band on release?

wtf is this shit?

wait, cant buy the guitar separately either. so if i buy the big box and want the adapter, i have to buy the game twice either way...

this is some bullshit HMX.

a harmonix employee in this thread has said they haven't final announced how you can get the adapter on it's own. The FAQ is obstensibly out of date

Top Bottom