• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 announced for PS4 and Xbox One

Daigoro

a harmonix employee in this thread has said they haven't final announced how you can get the adapter on it's own. The FAQ is obstensibly out of date

good to know, but time is getting short. im taking vacation time for this shit. unless they get it figured out in time for release day, im looking at buying multiple copies of this game to be able to play with a full band on the week.

hope they sort this mess out asap.

EYEL1NER

I was bummed to see that Best Buy sold out of the Xbone version but I jumped on that MadCatz deal pretty quickly. Here's hoping it doesn't get cancelled (since the code isn't supposed to be valid for pre-orders). $187 shipped beats $199 plus tax any day for me, even with 2X reward points.

zulux21

I was bummed to see that Best Buy sold out of the Xbone version but I jumped on that MadCatz deal pretty quickly. Here's hoping it doesn't get cancelled (since the code isn't supposed to be valid for pre-orders). $187 shipped beats $199 plus tax any day for me, even with 2X reward points.

im happy to see it sold out personally. it means that BB has gone through it's allotted orders a month in advance which is a good thing for the future of this series.

granted we don't know the actual numbers as GCU + rock band 4 bundle is $230 which is still $20 cheaper than anywhere else even if you have to buy GCU fresh so numbers might be skewed a bit to best buy.

Ninhead

25% off on MadCatz website with code LDY25. Just switched mine to there. $189 now. Do it!

Thanks Wario!

Wanted to use this with my guitar bundle, but it looks like there's no option that guarantees release day delivery, so I'm sticking with amazon. Helluva deal, though.

Shock

Banned
Holy shit on the Madcatz deal! I just cancelled Amazon and switched to Madcatz. $187.49.

After no tax and the deal I saved $80.

vg260

This is from the Mad Catz site (not the RB site):
Question: Can I buy the Legacy Game Controller Adapter separately from the Rock Band 4 software?

Answer: We currently do not have plans to sell the Legacy Game Controller Adapter separately from the game software, but this may change in the future.
Question: I play to buy and download the digital version of Rock Band 4 for Xbox One – will I still need the Legacy Game Controller Adapter, and how do I get it?

Answer: Yes you will still need it, if you plan to use your legacy Rock Band game controllers. At launch you can purchase the digital download of Rock Band 4 from Xbox, where you’ll also find more information on how to purchase the Legacy Game Controller Adapter.

just catching up and read this on the faq.

so im buying the big box and now i have to buy the fucking game twice (to get the adapter), or also buy a new guitar (and let all of my old shit rot) to play with a full band on release?

wtf is this shit?

wait, cant buy the guitar separately either. so if i buy the big box and want the adapter, i have to buy the game twice either way...

this is some bullshit HMX.

That may be correct regarding the adapter, actually, but the thing to note is that was on Mad Catz' site, not the RB4 site. So the "we" likely refers to Mad Catz meaning Mad Catz might not be selling it themselves. Harmonix said as of last week, it should be available for launch.

The next Q&A seems contradictory with them saying to check out MS's site for details, but it might not be. It could very well be the case that it may only be through select retailers. My guess it it might be a Microsoft store exclusive, which would make sense considering you'd be buying it for the digital version. They do have some Xbox one exclusive controller variations so that's not too weird.

vg260

I really don't need the full bundle, but at that price, I couldn't resist. I have a unused backup RB2 drum kit I got on clearance that I might have to sell if that deal goes through because I don't have the space anymore. I wouldn't be surprised if those get canceled though.

Shock

Banned
I really don't need the full bundle, but at that price, I couldn't resist. I have a unused backup RB2 drum kit I got on clearance that I might have to sell if that deal goes through because I don't have the space anymore. I wouldn't be surprised if those get canceled though.

I will let some tears drip if they get cancelled.

BTM

Damnit. Is there a chance that Bestbuy will get more Band-in-a-Box bundles to preorder before release? I've got some gift cards and GCU that would have been perfect for this.

pacman85

So speaking of DLC do you guys think that once RB4 comes out, all of the pre-RB3 DLC will stay at $1 or do you think it will go back up to $2? Honestly, with the post-RB3 DLC only being $2 because it has keys, pro-keys, etc. I would hope that it would ALL go down to $1 but I'm sure that won't happen. I'm just trying to figure out if I need to get all my $1 DLC tracks now or I can wait until RB4 comes out and just get them in the store then.

So speaking of DLC do you guys think that once RB4 comes out, all of the pre-RB3 DLC will stay at $1 or do you think it will go back up to $2? Honestly, with the post-RB3 DLC only being $2 because it has keys, pro-keys, etc. I would hope that it would ALL go down to $1 but I'm sure that won't happen. I'm just trying to figure out if I need to get all my $1 DLC tracks now or I can wait until RB4 comes out and just get them in the store then.

Harmonix confirmed that it will be going back up to $2 at some point. You may want to get your $1 songs and discounted packs ASAP.

pacman85

Harmonix confirmed that it will be going back up to $2 at some point. You may want to get your $1 songs and discounted packs ASAP.
Dang, I was hoping that wouldn't be the answer but figured it was. I mean all DLC is pretty much on a level playing field once RB4 comes out. All songs will have harmonies (where applicable) and no songs will have keys, pro-keys, pro-guitar, pro-bass. Only difference will be some songs are newer than others (duh).

pacman85

Another thing that sucks is I used to buy all my songs on XBox 360 marketplace on my computer but, for whatever reason, once the XBone came out MS removed the ability to buy 360 content with money in your Microsoft wallet and have never fixed that. You can buy XBone content just fine with any payment method but 360 content you have to pay with a credit card.

vg260

I would imagine they might do that during the process of bringing them over to the new PS4/XO storefronts.

I pretty much have everything I want at this point, though I might take a quick scan again. I remember cleaning up during that Pepsi promo they had years back.

The sad thing was that I used to stock up on discounted XBL cards, and sold them all after RB DLC stopped.

I didn't go quite on the same spending spree as you, but I did the same thing a week ago. Didn't realize how many good songs I missed that were released in the latter life of the DLC releases.

My wife and I were going through the store by release date. We kept exclaiming HOW DO WE NOT HAVE THIS? Our "event" ended around 3am, good times were had. Like others have said, I need to go back through the $1 songs and packs to pick up anything we missed back in the day before RB4 ships.

Another thing that sucks is I used to buy all my songs on XBox 360 marketplace on my computer but, for whatever reason, once the XBone came out MS removed the ability to buy 360 content with money in your Microsoft wallet and have never fixed that. You can buy XBone content just fine with any payment method but 360 content you have to pay with a credit card.

It may be because I don't have an Xbox One, but I can buy 360 content just fine using prepaid cards. I just bought a batch of DLC yesterday via that method.

I didn't go quite on the same spending spree as you, but I did the same thing a week ago. Didn't realize how many good songs I missed that were released in the latter life of the DLC releases.

I kept an eye on DLC releases well after I stopped playing regularly. There was a lot of stuff I like released during that time, and I've been spending the past few months trying to catch up. I still have a little over $100 of "must-buy" DLC left.

vg260

Yeah, that was really frustrating.

DedValve

Banned
So the dlc is on sale bit is there any way to get the full rb1/2/3 tracklist? Im getting thos on ps4 despite owning a 360 for the last 3 games so im not miffed that i have to buy it again im just hoping i can buy it period.

So the dlc is on sale bit is there any way to get the full rb1/2/3 tracklist? Im getting thos on ps4 despite owning a 360 for the last 3 games so im not miffed that i have to buy it again im just hoping i can buy it period.

Rock Band 1: You can probably find the export key on the last-gen PSN store. It'll be $5.

Rock Band 2: You can try to contact EA Support for an export code, but they won't always give you one. You'd input that code into Rock Band 3 and pay $10 for the export. There's also a free pack of Harmonix songs from Rock Band 2.

Rock Band 3: Not confirmed to happen, but they're looking at their options. Stay tuned.

DedValve

Banned
Rock Band 1: You can probably find the export key on the last-gen PSN store. It'll be $5.

Rock Band 2: You can try to contact EA Support for an export code, but they won't always give you one. You'd input that code into Rock Band 3 and pay $10 for the export. There's also a free pack of Harmonix songs from Rock Band 2.

Rock Band 3: Not confirmed to happen, but they're looking at their options. Stay tuned.

Oh shit i can still get it for that cheap?. Thanks! So in order to get rb2 i need to purchase rb3 first?

DedValve

Banned
Yeah, you definitely need a copy of Rock Band 3. You can probably find a disc copy pretty cheap.

Woot! Ill probably wait until release just in case harmonix has any surpises planned for us regarding transfer. Plus i need to save up some cash for this anyways. Gonna be a bad day for my wallet when i get this.

Just canceled my Amazon order for the Band in the Box and got it from MadCatz instead.

I don't care if I don't get it on release day if it means going from 250 to 187.

Madcatz deal still active? And do they charge right now or when it ships? I'm assuming immediately.

edit: good until today and they only charge if your bank requires it. I'll take the potential later shipping date to save money since Best Buy ran out. Also, 30 song preorder bonus.

Count me in on the mad catz deal for xbox version, was the straw the broke the camels back for me, just too good of a price. Still probably going to have mild regret like I've had the last few times I've bought plastic instruments :p

FyreWulff

Yeah I sort of figured songs would get bumped up to 2$ when transferred to next gen to help cover conversion costs

edit: clarifying that we don't know timing for this post on when songs are going back up

Yeah I sort of figured songs would get bumped up to 2$ when transferred to next gen to help cover conversion costs

edit: clarifying that we don't know timing for this post on when songs are going back up
Gonna take that extra $20 saved and use a Golden Crisp code to get myself $25-35 worth of DLC.

I never played Rock Band 3 and it's been many years since 2. Is there a faq going over the way to get the most songs? Not really sure how any of it works. The one in the OP talks about old dlc working but I only bought a few Smashing Pumpkins songs back in the day, and hell that might have been Guitar Hero.

And all of the dlc is on sale on PSN right now?

I never played Rock Band 3 and it's been many years since 2. Is there a faq going over the way to get the most songs? Not really sure how any of it works. The one in the OP talks about old dlc working but I only bought a few Smashing Pumpkins songs back in the day, and hell that might have been Guitar Hero.

And all of the dlc is on sale on PSN right now?

This post covers most of what you need to know. I'll add two other relevant details, though:

1. The export for Rock Band 2 has officially expired, but many people have claimed success by going to EA Support and asking for an export code. If you get one, you'll have to input it into Rock Band 3's Redeem Code option (under "Get More Songs") and pay a $10 fee.

2. Only DLC released prior to Rock Band 3's launch is discounted.

Does anybody have any idea which songs are coming from each retailer? 199.99 at best buy with GCU they give you 30 songs, and amazon says 34 songs free bonus but full price right now.

Does anybody have any idea which songs are coming from each retailer? 199.99 at best buy with GCU they give you 30 songs, and amazon says 34 songs free bonus but full price right now.

The main 30 songs are available from all retailers. They're almost all tracks by Harmonix bands that have previously appeared on-disc, as DLC, or as RBN tracks.

The four Amazon-exclusive tracks are:

Alabama Shakes – Don’t Wanna Fight
Breaking Benjamin – Failure
Death from Above 1979 – Trainwreck 1979
The Pretty Reckless – Follow Me Down

The main 30 songs are available from all retailers. They're almost all tracks by Harmonix bands that have previously appeared on-disc, as DLC, or as RBN tracks.

Ah, alright thanks man. Just preordered the best buy complete band in a box, didn't want it to get sold out as well. Total of $208 with taxes with GCU. I'm legitimately excited it's been a while since I played rock band, hope to get my nephew into it.

Wonder if pre-ordering from Amazon UK will get you those tracks as well, the Alabama Shakes song is pretty rad, and Breaking Benjamin is always entertaining nu-metal schlock.

bounchfx

ugh, it's fucking hard to say no to the MadCatz deal, but I REALLY want those four songs. Have they said if they'll be sold as DLC later after launch? they have to be... right? RIGHT? Fuck. I hate when companies pull garbage like this.

bounchfx

That's always the case with rhythm game pre-order songs.

yeah, but they're really trying to sell the 'only amazong!!!' part, but I have to imagine it's only temporary. I wish anything faster than ground shipping for rb4 was faster though. 60$ shipping if I want it faster? fml :( but it's huge savings overall so it's hard to pass up the madcatz deal.

ugh, it's fucking hard to say no to the MadCatz deal, but I REALLY want those four songs. Have they said if they'll be sold as DLC later after launch? they have to be... right? RIGHT?

Of course they will. Could you imagine the shitstorm that would ensue if Cowboys From Hell and The Reflex were permanently exclusive to PSN preorders?

Top Bottom