• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 announced for PS4 and Xbox One

ViciousDS

Banned
E9akkiX.jpg

Now I'm confused.

if true......that $250 price doesn't seem............as bad compared to the $180 it was for RB2 and RB1

Damn, I really can't afford another full band set, but only have wired 360 stuff. Surprised it's not compatible since it should all be directly Xinput stuff which I'd have thought would have been easier to convert than an additional adapter go-between, but no such luck :/

NH Apache

Banned
I've been all over amazon to try and locate a 2 or 3 bundle so I can reacquire instruments after the ones I loaned to a friend disappeared. Everything is crazy expensive. (XBONE)

Prices are pretty ridiculous. It almost seems like the rb4 bundle is the best bet?! What should I pick up if I want a full band in a box?

I've been out of the game for a while...is there a consensus at this point about what the best Guitar Controller ever was? RB4 compatibility aside, what do the pros still play on?

I've been out of the game for a while...is there a consensus at this point about what the best Guitar Controller ever was? RB4 compatibility aside, what do the pros still play on?

The GH5 guitar was pretty great aside from the lack of solo buttons. I don't know how good the Rock Band 2, Beatles, or Warriors of Rock guitars were, though I imagine that the former two were improvements over the mediocre Rock Band 1 guitar.

The Rock Band 4 guitar will probably be fine at worst.

The GH5 guitar was pretty great aside from the lack of solo buttons. I don't know how good the Rock Band 2, Beatles, or Warriors of Rock guitars were, though I imagine that the former two were improvements over the mediocre Rock Band 1 guitar.

The Rock Band 4 guitar will probably be fine at worst.

I've always preferred Rock Band the game over GH, but man I wish the guitars were tighter. I'm hopeful for RB4. I just wish they were all like the GH2 360 X-plorer...

Taker34

Banned
WOW! I love Dream Theater - Metropolis and Outfield - Your Love! Great list so far with Avenged, Rush and fucking Scorpions!
I can not wait. Gonna drum like Portnoy in Dance of Eternity.

Storm360

The solo copy of the game (or game with adapter) is up for pre order on Amazon... but you don't get the extra 34 songs with it which really sucks

parasight

I guess the adapter will be about $20 then? Meh, still cheaper than buying a new set. My Beatles instruments are still mint, so it'll be worth it.

pacman85

The solo copy of the game (or game with adapter) is up for pre order on Amazon... but you don't get the extra 34 songs with it which really sucks
Yeah that's lame.
They'll probably fix that before long.
I sure hope they do. If they aren't going to have the digital version available for pre-order (they currently have Gears of War Ultimate Edition game code available for pre-order so it's not unheard of) to get the bonus songs then I guess I'm going to get the bundle with the adapter and a physical copy of the game. I will only break my all digital streak this generation for RB4 to get bonus songs.

jersoc

bah that's lame. I had a feeling. Was hoping a new brain or something would come out. These new drums better last more than 1 month.

Azzawon

I have the GH Warriors of Rock guitar on 360, I'm presuming the adapter will allow me to use that on XB1?

I'm going digital with the game itself, I really hope I can get hold of that adapter separately if I can actually use it.

Need to fix my squeaky strum bar too.

Gorger

Why the hell won't the Warriors of Rock guitar work on PS4?

Screw that, that's gonna need to be sorted out before I buy the game.

God damn it I am getting fucked over again. I've been using my WoR guitar for the last 5 years and it's the only guitar I have that's still working. Please please try and fix this before release it's in my opinion by far the best plastic guitar ever made. :(

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Man, the adapter is 20 bucks. I was hoping it'd be a freebie, but I guess that makes sense. The game's going to be a 100 bucks in Canada though. :(

Storm360

They'll probably fix that before long.

Yeah that's lame.

I sure hope they do. If they aren't going to have the digital version available for pre-order (they currently have Gears of War Ultimate Edition game code available for pre-order so it's not unheard of) to get the bonus songs then I guess I'm going to get the bundle with the adapter and a physical copy of the game. I will only break my all digital streak this generation for RB4 to get bonus songs.

I don't think it's just been forgotten about... even madcatz site lists 30 free songs in the band and guitar bundles but nothing in the adapter set

Jawmuncher

Damn MS, shame the Xbox one needs a dongle for old controller support while PS4 doesn't. Oh well a small addition to pay so I can use all my stuff and keep my DLC.

bug_42

This set list is the worst I have every seen,

I think I am going to wait for a price drop, before picking this up.

Hm why is the Rock Band Guitar bundle more expensive than the Guitar Hero bundle?

Has it always been like this?

At least in this case, it's because Harmonix is a smaller company than Activision and thus less able to absorb the cost and because the new Rock Band guitar appears to have more going on than the new Guitar Hero guitar.

MajorMane

I wonder how many more songs are left to announce. I think we're at 60 right now?

They're at 50 right now, so a handful more to go.

Hoping the adapter is sold separately later on... I plan on getting the Band in a Box bundle but use old guitars for the extra guitar.

vg260

They really need the adapter separately at launch. I don't want to have to buy a bundle and be stuck with a disc copy I don't want just to be able to play at launch.

This is incorrect. The Legacy Adapter is NOT included in the Band-in-the-Box bundle. Sorry about the confusion. (I don't run that account; just apologizing on their behalf.)

Hey Nick, any word on new stand alone hardware being available when the game is released? I want to get the PS4 digital version of Rock Band 4, but I only have one good guitar, I really want to get two brand new guitars but I don't want a physical copy of the game. :/

Top Bottom