• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 announced for PS4 and Xbox One

Storm360

One thing to note: The green day export is listed as not working, but I managed to succesfully export with no issues recently (EU PSN)

Electric Six - "Gay Bar"
Fleetwood Mac - "Don't Stop"
James Brown - "Get Up (I Feel Like Being A) Sex Machine - Pt 1"
Journey - "Don't Stop Believing"
Les Wampas - "Manu Chao"
Red Hot Chili Peppers - "Suck My Kiss"
Red Hot Chili Peppers - "Under the Bridge"

:( Man, these songs hurt the most, especially Electric Six, Fleetwood Mac, James Brown, and Journey. I would hope the game does well enough that Harmonix can renegotiate licensing, but I know that's a long and complicated process.

EDIT: Wait, if we had previously exported on-disc tracks over the years and it's tied to our XBox Live/PSN account, do those songs transfer over once available? Or do we have to do all of the exports again on Rock Band 4 on our next-gen system?

FyreWulff

:( Man, these songs hurt the most, especially Electric Six, Fleetwood Mac, James Brown, and Journey. I would hope the game does well enough that Harmonix can renegotiate licensing, but I know that's a long and complicated process.

They don't renegotiate rights for pulled store songs.

Partly because it's not always about money.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
So I'm really confused as to how these export stuff actually works. I have Rock Band 1, 2, 3, Green Day, AC/DC and LEGO all for PS3. I've used the export key for all of them except Rock Band 3 (obviously). How will the PS4 Rock Band 4 know I've exported these songs already? Is it just a Rock Band ID check? A PSN ID check? If it is, then does it just download a huge 100 gig file of songs to my PS4?

So I'm really confused as to how these export stuff actually works. I have Rock Band 1, 2, 3, Green Day, AC/DC and LEGO all for PS3. I've used the export key for all of them except Rock Band 3 (obviously). How will the PS4 Rock Band 4 know I've exported these songs already? Is it just a Rock Band ID check? A PSN ID check? If it is, then does it just download a huge 100 gig file of songs to my PS4?

It checks your purchase history.

FyreWulff

All of your exports are separate DLC offers tied to your PSN account.

You will simply redownload them on PS4 when they become available for Rock Band 4.

Still can't get over the no RBN thing :(. Harmonix, as a rule, has awful music taste so RBN was an amazing idea to get around that. Probably have at least 50 songs purchased from there...

AlexBasch

While I'm glad I own some of the delisted songs, I never noticed Panic Switch was in the store at all, good thing I bought Justice for All separately but never thought of picking up the Metallica Pack 01. :(

Bummer about the iON drums. Like, perhaps all it would have taken is for Mad Catz to include a single USB port on the dongle. That doesn't seem like a lot to ask when you are paying $120 for a game and adapter bundle, especially when people with the iON drums are likely huge fans who would in-turn be willing to spend lots of money on DLC.

Anyways, I guess I'll have to buy another $80 adapter, just for those, because I don't want to go back to the standard drums. If they end up not working properly, this will be a pretty big sore spot for me in an otherwise great looking game. Thanks for doing all this extra stuff Harmonix, I know you are doing your best, but please try to help us get a decent set of drums working with Rock Band 4.

espher

Harmonix, as a rule, has awful music taste so RBN was an amazing idea to get around that.

giphy.gif

pacman85

Still can't get over the no RBN thing :(. Harmonix, as a rule, has awful music taste so RBN was an amazing idea to get around that. Probably have at least 50 songs purchased from there...
With the variety of genres of the thousands of songs Harmonix released as official DLC, it's pretty ignorant to say they have awful taste in music. I only have about 10 songs from RBN and would prefer Harmonix concentrate on adding other actual features to the game before even beginning to think about RBN.

A little worried about "many songs" not being available at launch. Singstar did a piss poor job of updating the back catalogue and still hasn't got a ton of songs, with the last update in March (!??!??!). Then again I have better faith in Harmonix.

Also worried that Singstar mics got dropped from the compatibility list, any reason for that? Mine are wireless.

Still, it's a pretty good deal to have that many songs available "for free". I hope keyboard and Rock Band 3 songs can eventually be available (Bohemian Rhapsody can't be missing, dammit!), but I'm looking to buy this now. I liked many of the recently announced tracks too, even if they're a minority of the entire thing.

FyreWulff

A little worried about "many songs" not being available at launch. Singstar did a piss poor job of updating the back catalogue and still hasn't got a ton of songs, with the last update in March (!??!??!). Then again I have better faith in Harmonix.

Also worried that Singstar mics got dropped from the compatibility list, any reason for that? Mine are wireless.

Still, it's a pretty good deal to have that many songs available "for free". I hope keyboard and Rock Band 3 songs can eventually be available (Bohemian Rhapsody can't be missing, dammit!), but I'm looking to buy this now. I liked many of the recently announced tracks too, even if they're a minority of the entire thing.

Harmonix's track record is pretty good for this. They got the back catalog of songs ported to Wii in record time when they finally brought DLC to that platform

Harmonix's track record is pretty good for this. They got the back catalog of songs ported to Wii in record time when they finally brought DLC to that platform

They also got me "Glory of Love" and "Rosanna" years after everyone but me stopped playing keyboard on PS3, so there's that too :).

Man, I don't even remember if I did the exports for my Rock Band games or not... I probably did the first one but maybe not the second? I don't know.

Urgggh it's all so confusing

This makes my head hurt. I imported RB1, RB2, a Heavy Metal Track Pack, Green Day RB, and RB Blitz into RB3. Sad to hear that not all of the songs are going to make it. :/

Gleethor

Hey just a quick heads up for you guys that want to export RB2 on PS3, I just got done with EA online chat and they gave me an RB2 export code no questions asked. I had the manual code ready to go and they didn't even ask. YMMV and obviously you still have to pay the $10 export fee.

repeater

Hey just a quick heads up for you guys that want to export RB2 on PS3, I just got done with EA online chat and they gave me an RB2 export code no questions asked. I had the manual code ready to go and they didn't even ask. YMMV and obviously you still have to pay the $10 export fee.
Thanks for this info! You just open a support ticket with EA online, or is there any more specific link that you went through?

Thanks for this, I just got mine. Now the only export I don't have is Lego, which I suppose I'll never be able to get. Hope they make those songs available as DLC someday for people too late to get the export.

Bauer91

Thanks for this, I just got mine. Now the only export I don't have is Lego, which I suppose I'll never be able to get. Hope they make those songs available as DLC someday for people too late to get the export.

Care to elaborate on what you did? Asked for a code on chat (that's different from the one you have on the RB2 manual which won't work?), entered the code in RB3, paid and got the export? Is it possible to enter the code in the PlayStation Store or does it have to be done from the game?

Care to elaborate on what you did? Asked for a code on chat (that's different from the one you have on the RB2 manual which won't work?), entered the code in RB3, paid and got the export? Is it possible to enter the code in the PlayStation Store or does it have to be done from the game?

It has to be done in-game in Lego Rock Band (or possibly Rock Band 3).

Top Bottom