• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 announced for PS4 and Xbox One

Care to elaborate on what you did? Asked for a code on chat (that's different from the one you have on the RB2 manual which won't work?), entered the code in RB3, paid and got the export? Is it possible to enter the code in the PlayStation Store or does it have to be done from the game?

I asked for a code to export RB2 to RB3 and explained the site that used to generate the codes was down. Then they gave me a 12 digit code and told me to wait for an hour before trying it. So I waited an hour, went into RB3, went to "Redeem Code," and then entered the code there. It accepted it, and then it opened up the option to buy the export in the same RB3 "Redeem Code" menu. Then I bought it from there.

It might be possible to enter the code into the PS Store since it seems like a normal PS Store code, but I didn't want to risk it since it seems to unlock something inside RB3 that gives you the option to purchase the export.

Bauer91

Thanks. I don't have a working PS3 anymore so I was hoping I could enter the code from the web store to get the RB2 songs for RB4, guess you probably can't do that...

Did they ask you what region you needed the code for? Does it matter? It usually does for PlayStation stuff but maybe not for this export since it's done from the game?

They never asked about region, maybe because they assumed US based on the EA site I was using or because of the PSN account I used to log into EA's support site. But like all the DLC, I'm pretty sure region does matter for the export.

Ha! I exported all the available exportable games years ago! Cue smug face!

Myw5B7X.png

firehawk12

Subete no aware
You know, I assume they'll have a system to check if you own a song from one of the numerous track packs with DLC codes that they sold, right?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Those were all just XBL/PSN DLC codes. They're in your account history like any other DLC pack.
Given that, at least on the Xbox system, you could buy songs that you already owned from various packs, I'm just hoping they didn't forget somewhere to check for these DLC packs. lol

Then again I guess stuff like RHCP and AC/DC won't make it over anyway.

FyreWulff

Given that, at least on the Xbox system, you could buy songs that you already owned from various packs, I'm just hoping they didn't forget somewhere to check for these DLC packs. lol

Then again I guess stuff like RHCP and AC/DC won't make it over anyway.

Pulled content is planned to come over, it'll just be in your download history and not publically purchaseable.

In the RB3/Blitz store, the game already marks songs you own inside a pack if you're looking at the store from inside the game.

Yaari

Ugh so I'd need a 360 to export RB2 eh. That's too bad, I really wish I would have done this before I sold them. But I could not have known they'd allow us to take those tracklists with us, all those years ago.

I liked the first 2 tracklists much better than the one RB4 is coming with, but I'll only have Lego Rockband and Blitz, if the latter works.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
i have to buy the usa version while im in europe, i bought the USA dlc cause it was cheaper at that time, must have like 200+ songs.

i do hope that i can play on my EU account with that dlc tho, it worked on ps3.

sasliquid

Any idea when we will get a list of what old songs will be playable at launch? That's kind of my deciding factor over wether I should get it day 1

FyreWulff

Exported every disc as soon as I got it.

Bought track packs solely to get song count up.

Have both the Country Track Pack 2 and the RB3 Mega Country Track Pack (same song) because REASONS.

Got into the Top 30 of Blitz on 360 's leaderboards. Although at a certain rank (1500 ish?) those leaderboards are only really a reflection of how many songs you own.

Golded all thousand-ish songs that Blitz can load that I own. I love the shit out of Blitz.

I even permanently recorded the Beatles manual code even though it's never getting used :v

vg260

Exported every disc as soon as I got it.

Bought track packs solely to get song count up.

Have both the Country Track Pack 2 and the RB3 Mega Country Track Pack (same song) because REASONS.

Got into the Top 30 of Blitz on 360 's leaderboards. Although at a certain rank (1500 ish?) those leaderboards are only really a reflection of how many songs you own.

Golded all thousand-ish songs that Blitz can load that I own. I love the shit out of Blitz.

I even permanently recorded the Beatles manual code even though it's never getting used :v

Yup, I did everything in terms of exporting as soon as I could.

I also like Blitz and want to see it on Xbox One/PS4. I play it when I don't feel like pulling out instruments.

Maybe they could make it an add-on (DLC) mode in Rock Band 4. I'd totally buy that.

FyreWulff

Yup, I did everything in terms of exporting as soon as I could.

I also like Blitz and want to see it on Xbox One/PS4. I play it when I don't feel like pulling out instruments.

Maybe they could make it an add-on (DLC) mode in Rock Band 4. I'd totally buy that.

"Blitz" option that lets you play the Blitz chart of any instrument with the controller.

pacman85

Same here. Exported literally everything except Country Track Pack 1. Rock Band 1, 2, Lego, Blitz, AC/DC, Green Day, Track Pack Vol 2, Country Track Pack 2 (got a free code for this chatting with EA a few months ago), Metal Track Pack, Classic Rock Track Pack (another free code), Rock Band 2 20 bonus songs, etc. Man I hope they get a Rock Band 3 export up and running.

I'm watching it. I can't wait to get my hands on the freestyle guitar solos myself. Not to sound harsh on the people playing but it's completely obvious who has practice with it versus someone who just randomly spams buttons.

Another thing that annoys me is when people don't play on expert. Arghhh!!

komarkaze

I'm watching it now and they just finished Panama. Interesting to note that you can switch between freestyle solos or standard solos on the fly by clicking the D pad.

xzeldax3

I really don't like how you lose your streak if you miss a note in the freestyle drum fills. This is a huge change from the previous game.

I hope that is removed in the final product because that would mean that people who use RB1 & 2 style fills are at an advantage since they don't have to worry about that. There's no point in making you lose your streak since overdrive activations aren't scored.

Is anyone else weirdly disturbed by the character graphics in this game? They look like Muppets and move realistically. I can't understand why I am disturbed looking at them when almost nothing else in gaming/life bothers me.

I'm not a Rock Band player so I don't know if they were in the other games...but I was watching the GB stream and had to turn it off.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I think it's more of a try it to see how it feels.

http://youtu.be/0WXRvgi8ZTw
I wasn't feeling or liking what I was seeing at the beginning. Then they actually showed how it would appear in actual gameplay and it looks...interesting. It's a good thing it's optional!

Is anyone else weirdly disturbed by the character graphics in this game? They look like Muppets and move realistically. I can't understand why I am disturbed looking at them when almost nothing else in gaming/life bothers me.

I'm not a Rock Band player so I don't know if they were in the other games...but I was watching the GB stream and had to turn it off.
Yeah, I don't like the style they're using for the characters either. It looks kinda like the RB 3 style, which I highly disliked. Rock Band 2 will always reign supreme in character/band/stage animation imo. I will say though, that it definitely looks better than RB 3 to me. Better than the old footage that had surfaced from the game a few months (?) ago.

Also, can the singer not be stuck in the mic stand all the time PLZ HMX! :(

Is that some sort of phobia? In seriousness, it's been a style these games have had for awhile.

FyreWulff

Did anyone see how overdrive interacts with freestyles?...

in other news.. Blitz news.. I got on RB Blitz and all my leaderboard scores are gone.

Had to find a song with less than 3 friendscores on it to show:
zTJdqaPl.jpg

Usually, no matter what my score would be, it'd show up on that leaderboard preview.

The song list shows gold stars, but when I play the song, it shows me competing for score against the prefab names... and awards me the "new song bonus" when I finish the song.

All 940 songs are like this :/

edit: my coins, song/instrument rep, etc are all still there. Just my scores are gone.

Apparently, people on the Harmonix forums are saying they caught a glimpse of "The One I Love" by R.E.M. in Harmonix's stream and later the Giant Bomb stream. It could be on-disc, it could be DLC.

EDIT:

ojSGndj.jpg

MajorMane

1059191-307556_uncannyvalley_super.jpg

Not sure why I thought of that, but that might why you feel that way. Personally, I love the animations. They look way more polished than they ever have before. (Plus, usually you're too busy watching the highway while playing.)

My apologies if this has already been stated. I know you can import your old dlc, but can you still buy old dlc? There's so much metal from the previous entries I would want to buy for RB4.

Yaari

Yeah I really want to hear what they had for PAX because it sounded interesting. When does it end? It sounded like they'd announce it before PAX, but we didn't get anything.

Top Bottom