• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League out July 7th + Sweet Tooth in

AHHH!!!! I'm so excited!

I thought they might pull a stealth release or something, but with the ever-increasing buzz that the two betas provided, I realized that that probably wasn't the best way to get sales.

I can't wait!

Aww, tiny Sweet Tooth looks adorable. Wait... are the cars small or is everything else just huge?

2 v 2 split-screen could make for a really fun local multiplayer game.

In a weird way it feels like they're hiding the PC version, it's day and date but there's no Steam page. The trailer only mentions PS4.

Team is tiny. They are focusing on just the PS4 launch probably, and will then work on PC

there is only so much they can do

Mine01

oh well looks like ill have to get ps+ plus gold at the same time, thanks Psyonix :mad:

goty material here.

WITHE1982

$19.99 at launch. So given the pound to dollar conversion and the fact that it's a video game that'll put it at... £19.99 in the UK

I'm hoping for a PS+ discount in the first week but will 100% be picking this up. I'm even skipping FIFA this year for it.

Drencrom

Hell yes! The beta completely sold me on the game, day 1!

Nice to see a small Sweet Tooth/Twisted Metal tie-in too.

wait what? this is not f2p? aww man
i had TONNES of fun though with the beta

I'd say the full game is most likely worth it. Hell, I'd pay for the beta.

WITHE1982

2-4 player split screen online MP player is gonna be just awesome. I can't wait for this now.

Cross play as well. They've really pulled off some great things with this so far.

I don't think PC version is coming out on the same date. Does anyone know?

They talked about it on Streams that they are focused on PS4 first, but I don't think PC will be far behind.

Cross Play \o/

I remember some Psyonix guy confirming this on the rocketleague subreddit, but the way he worded it kinda made me think he had misunderstood the question and was just confirming that the game was coming out on both PC and PS4. Also, it felt too good to be true. Bless Psyonix for this. Can't wait to play it my friends. SARPBC is one of the most fun I ever had on the PS3.

I don't think PC version is coming out on the same date. Does anyone know?

They talked about it on Streams that they are focused on PS4 first, but I don't think PC will be far behind.

It's coming out on both PC and PS4 on July 7th. Simultaneous release.

Fuck Fallout, this is the actual big news today.
I'm more hyped for this then Fallout 4.

ziPf6.gif

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Cross play is huge.

And if it's like the first game then you should be able to take the split screen players online. I remember facing brothers or pairs of 3 and 4 in online matches in Acrobatic Cars.

Did everyone here only play the PS4 beta? This game didn't have nearly as much hype during the months it was in alpha and beta on PC :p. All the threads about it hardly got any views/replies lol. Nice too see it's finally getting the recognition it deserves, now let's hope it gets the sales it deserves too.

Cross play is huge.

And if it's like the first game then you should be able to take the split screen players online. I remember facing brothers or pairs of 3 and 4 in online matches in Acrobatic Cars.

Yes, this is already confirmed/available on beta.

It's offline/online mix and match, and has bots too

Did everyone here only play the PS4 beta? This game didn't have nearly as much hype during the months it was in alpha and beta on PC :p. All the threads about it hardly got any views/replies lol. Nice too see it's finally getting the recognition it deserves, now let's hope it gets the sales it deserves too.

That wasn't public, was it?

It's good to see it become so popular.

Last gen didn't help SSARPBC, but with PS4 having so much indie attention and selling like hotcakes, the game will thrive.

Beta helped get it immense popularity (relatively speaking), and I hope Sony gives some e-sports like demonstration of this game at E3. It'd do so much good for this game if it got some hot gameplay on stage.

It's offline/online mix and match, and has bots too

That wasn't public, was it?

It's good to see it become so popular.

Last gen didn't help SSARPBC, but with PS4 having so much indie attention and selling like hotcakes, the game will thrive.

Beta helped get it immense popularity (relatively speaking), and I hope Sony gives some e-sports like demonstration of this game at E3. It'd do so much good for this game if it got some hot gameplay on stage.

You could give up your email for an alpha code. It's how I and some of my friends got in. It was all we played for a few weeks untill they took it down :p. We only found out about the alpha in the last month or so, so maybe it was harder to get in in the beginning?

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals

It's offline/online mix and match, and has bots too.
I wasn't in the PC beta and also the PS4 one. I was in the PC alpha though.

It's good if they have those base features the first game had and expand upon them.

Top Bottom