• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League out July 7th + Sweet Tooth in

BShadowJ

You know what else is up?

...that's right!

After an intense finale to my final quarter at film school, I finally had time to finish off the second beta montage!

ROCKET LEAGUE BETA MONTAGE 2

Yeeeeeeeah baby!! Awesome video! Those were some very nice clips from everyone! God, my hype for the game is through the roof. Can't wait to play again and for everyone to get some awesome moments to share :D

Yeeeeeeeah baby!! Awesome video! Those were some very nice clips from everyone! God, my hype for the game is through the roof. Can't wait to play again and for everyone to get some awesome moments to share :D
I feel you there. Can't wait to use the replay editor that comes with it!

Hopefully E3 keeps me distracted until July 7th lol.

Okay all. Time to share a little something. Some of you who played with me may know what this means...

ewWHjH.jpeg

a8p9iO.jpeg

It begins...

I'm unsure how I feel about the hats thing. On one hand it is pretty funny, but at the same time I can't help but feel like it's just a sad attempt to pander to the TF2 crowd.

Blanquito

I remember reading somewhere that the devs were keeping track of a bunch of different stats and stuff.

I wonder if there's an open API to their data so that I could play around with making an app/website? I dunno, do simple things like show your stats, who you played with, or stuff like that.

BShadowJ

http://www.twitch.tv/powa_tequilaz

Someone's currently playing the preview copy. Not jealous at all.

Wow... I'm so jealous :(

I remember reading somewhere that the devs were keeping track of a bunch of different stats and stuff.

I wonder if there's an open API to their data so that I could play around with making an app/website? I dunno, do simple things like show your stats, who you played with, or stuff like that.

There isn't one right now, but they said they were looking into it. Hopefully they'll do it soon! :)

Also, since I remember people asking around the time of the beta (including myself...), they've said that the official soundtrack will be available for purchase on or around July 1st!
That means we'll have a week where we can get more desperate for the game listen to some sweet tunes and imagine we're playing it. :)

I'm more of a console gamer than a PC gamer, but I just bought a new PC monitor just so I can play on PC as well. I also only bought my new TV because I knew the first beta was coming out.

Rocket League does bad things to my wallet.

BShadowJ

I'm more of a console gamer than a PC gamer, but I just bought a new PC monitor just so I can play on PC as well. I also only bought my new TV because I knew the first beta was coming out.

Rocket League does bad things to my wallet.

You better still have money for the game in the end!! :p

So besides v1lla, does anyone else that is a Rocket League fan live around the San Francisco bay area?

We are filming a live action video based on RL withdrawals and our attempts to bring the game into the real world while waiting for July 7th.

It involves RC cars, model rocket engines, and fireworks...

SF Bay Area GAF represent! Looking for those of you who aren't afraid to race some RC cars, play soccer with the ones we have, and make some of them fly with actual rocket engines!

whiteape

They said they want to create an API at some day. At rocket-league.com we're currently developing a system to bypass the non-existent api by recreating all the stuff.

So besides v1lla, does anyone else that is a Rocket League fan live around the San Francisco bay area?

We are filming a live action video based on RL withdrawals and our attempts to bring the game into the real world while waiting for July 7th.

It involves RC cars, model rocket engines, and fireworks...

Im getting a review copy of the game next week. I should be allowed to stream it. If I can, I will save you all.

Tailer

Ok guys I'm just wondering which version I should buy should I get the pc version or the PS4 version, I'm a little bit on the edge thanks to the fact that in PS4 version I can use remote play which I tried in the beta version of the game and it worked flawlessly. But then on the PC I can put it up in 4k(once I get a screen) and also much easier to start up (since I'm always on the PC) while on the PS4 I have to switch output and headset (so I barely end up using the PS4, just for long sessions) which one is more worth getting?

How is cross-play going to work? I'm buying on PS4 and my friend is buying on PC, will we be able to invite each other to parties and whatnot? What's the interface for that like?

Ok guys I'm just wondering which version I should buy should I get the pc version or the PS4 version, I'm a little bit on the edge thanks to the fact that in PS4 version I can use remote play which I tried in the beta version of the game and it worked flawlessly. But then on the PC I can put it up in 4k(once I get a screen) and also much easier to start up (since I'm always on the PC) while on the PS4 I have to switch output and headset (so I barely end up using the PS4, just for long sessions) which one is more worth getting?

I'm in the same boat. I'm thinking PS4 is going to have more legs in terms of community than PC.

How is cross-play going to work? I'm buying on PS4 and my friend is buying on PC, will we be able to invite each other to parties and whatnot? What's the interface for that like?

Unfortunately you can't. Parties use platform systems to work so there's no for them to function across PS4/PC. We're looking into a quick patch to make private lobbies possible without partying which would enable cross play in private games, but full cross platform parties are a much bigger system that we'll have to consider after launch.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
You can't go wrong either way, but the game is optimized ridiculously well on the PC. I had no issues keeping a locked 120fps on two 5850s at 1080p.

Unfortunately you can't. Parties use platform systems to work so there's no for them to function across PS4/PC. We're looking into a quick patch to make private lobbies possible without partying which would enable cross play in private games, but full cross platform parties are a much bigger system that we'll have to consider after launch.

So there's no way for me to specifically pair up with my friend from my PS4 to his PC?

Top Bottom