• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League out July 7th + Sweet Tooth in

BShadowJ

I'm so fucking hyped for this game!!!! And with PS4/PC crossplay, that means I can convince ALL my friends to buy it too! :) Can't wait!

Ark

I had no idea this was coming to PC! With cross-play I'll definitely be picking this up on (presumably) Steam. Unfortunately I didn't get any time to play the beta on PS4, but I'll certainly make up for that when this releases.

Hopefully they give us a four-pack purchase option.

DunhamSmash

Neo Member
I had no idea this was coming to PC! With cross-play I'll definitely be picking this up on (presumably) Steam. Unfortunately I didn't get any time to play the beta on PS4, but I'll certainly make up for that when this releases.

Hopefully they give us a four-pack purchase option.

Yep it will definitely be on Steam. :)

wow like the last game to support pc/console cross play was like shadowrun or something, before that it was need for speed underground

SegaShack

I had no idea this game existed until now. Wow this looks like a lot of fun. I wish we had more games like this these days. I'll be buying this day one too. Is this a full retail game?

wow like the last game to support pc/console cross play was like shadowrun or something, before that it was need for speed underground

Don't forget about Portal 2.

Does the announcement imply that the PC release was coming out at the same time? Last I heard it was slated for later in the year

Bullza2o

DAY 1. This will be the best $20 online multiplayer game I will buy!

Rocket League and Splatoon for multiplayer GOTYs!

Steiner84

All 26 hours. Multiple times.
I had no idea this game existed until now. Wow this looks like a lot of fun. I wish we had more games like this these days. I'll be buying this day one too. Is this a full retail game?
19.99$ PSN release.

Damn lol

Is that a different time of day I saw on one of them maps?

most of the arenas are available in multiple conditions, say rainy, nighttime, storm. i dont know exactly how it will be, but yes.

Steiner84

I wonder how they will handle inviting friends with the cross-platform play.

Psyonix-Jerad wrote: "You can't party with a friend on a different platform, because you aren't actually friends on the platform you are on. We use the party system for each platform, so these aren't compatible ideas. That said, we will support crossplay in private matches.
Writing our own party system is a big task, which we may undertake at a later time."
"Assuming you wanted to play with someone you know, rather than a random person, you would use private match. The details are still in the works."
http://psyonix.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=11267

BShadowJ

Hopefully inviting PC players from your PS4 onto a private match (and vice-versa) is easy enough. I had the idea of doing a tournament during the beta, and now even more people can join! :)

Kuni

This... actually looks amazing. For some reason I had it filed under Greenlight.

Funny enough a mate and I we're talking about how great Mario Strikers Charged was. Had a blast with that game. Reminds me of that.

Flunkie

Banned
Imagine 10 v 10 in private matches

I'd probably only want to play it once but might be fun.

Have a feeling that if I try to swap between PC and PS4 versions I'll not be able to get over being able to play the prettier, smoother playing/looking PC version. The alpha's framerate on PC >> beta's on PS4. But I know the core following of my friends who play it will be on PS4.

Imagine 10 v 10 in private matches

I'd probably only want to play it once but might be fun.

Have a feeling that if I try to swap between PC and PS4 versions I'll not be able to get over being able to play the prettier, smoother playing/looking PC version. The alpha's framerate on PC >> beta's on PS4. But I know the core following of my friends who play it will be on PS4.

owmF4E4.jpg

Steiner84

Between this, ESO, Batman and Planetside 2. This is going to be a great summer for gaming and I'm sure there's something I'm missing.

HEY GAF!

This is my (most likely) final call for submitting any clips you'd like to get into the Rocket GAF Beta 2 Montage!

Please PM me ASAP as I'm about halfway through editing the new montage and it's a bit loose, so there is plenty of room for trimming and fitting in clips of other members. Many thanks to those who have already contributed and I hope it's a worthy sequel to:

Rocket League - Beta Montage with NeoGAF

HEY GAF!

This is my (most likely) final call for submitting any clips you'd like to get into the Rocket GAF Beta 2 Montage!

Please PM me ASAP as I'm about halfway through editing the new montage and it's a bit loose, so there is plenty of room for trimming and fitting in clips of other members. Many thanks to those who have already contributed and I hope it's a worthy sequel to:

Rocket League - Beta Montage with NeoGAF

Haha, really enjoyed watching this. Looking forward to the sequel ;)

BShadowJ

So huh I was wondering, is anyone going to do an OT for this game? I'm not sure if it's too soon to ask or anything, but just wondering. I mean, I'd do it, even though I'm really not good at graphic design... But I can't cause junior and all. x)

And yes I checked the OT thread, but I was wondering if anyone wanted to do it but didn't go there yet.

Top Bottom