• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League out July 7th + Sweet Tooth in

Well, I'm sure some exceptions can be made. Majority of the team should be GAF?

Guessing we'll have a doubles tourney and a standard/chaos tournie.

Either way, I need a team if anyone wants to team up. Unless we're decided teams another way (player pool, region/state/country, etc).

OST!

BShadowJ

Rayman signed up back in early May and hasn't been approved yet (far as I know) but he would love to be involved in the Rocket League tourney. He is in both beta montages as well and a long time GAF lurker.

Either way, I need a team if anyone wants to team up. Unless we're decided teams another way (player pool, region/state/country, etc).

OST!

Hmm yeah I guess some exceptions could be made, like 1 non-GAF member per team.
I was thinking of doing only a standard (3v3) tournament for now. I don't want to dive too deep right off the bat :p And yeah I'll do a team registration and a free agents registration, the latter hopefully also being a good list for people to find teammates to form a team. Then I'll group free agents by teams on a first come first served basis if there aren't enough teams (up to a certain limit) and the rest will be subs, in case someone from a team can't make it. That's the general idea at least. Feel free to throw any suggestion :)

Seeing a lot of excitement for this on the PS4 side, I hope that excitement is matched on the PC side! or, at the very least, that cross play works well enough that the community is bolstered for a long time.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
I'm very interested in the GAF tourney. I wasn't exceptional at the game when the last beta ended, but I'm really curious to see how different talents are used on teams that actually strategize and work together.

bjaelke

Rocket League ‏@RocketLeague
Today has been such a great day. Thank you to everyone for the great reception. Also, we have more surprises coming. Did we mention that?

Could be related to this post on Reddit:
As soon as we decided to go IGC we stepped up our plans for DLC packs (and we have some very cool stuff going on there). If you are looking to support us even sooner there is also the Steam version, PS4 Theme, soundtrack, and merchandise (coming soon).

BShadowJ

When will this end? I keep thinking my hype is going to stop climbing and then they keep saying shit like that!

We should do one of those hype train images where they put people's avatars into a train... But instead of a train... A rocket. Hype rocket. XD

Rocket League |OT| don't hit the ball towards your own net

;)
5E5Vnz2.gif

v1lla21

OST!
I love seeing what's next.

You know what would be pretty great? A spectator mode that made use of Morpheus and Rift/Vive. Where you would watch a match from the perspective of spectator in the stands of a Stadium. To be able to sit there and look up to see cars flying everywhere.

OK, that other announcement has gotta be some kind of esports feature :p

So happy to hear them ramp up DLC! Man I'm so excited

Hasney

Technical question: How does the framerate hold up in 4 players splitscreen?

I don't actually think it takes a hit. This was based on Gametrailers playing it with the devs over Twitch though.

The beta had split screen in so hopefully someone can mention how it was.

MUnited83

For you.
I know there's cross-play, but is it there an account system in the game? So I can share my profile/progress between PS4 and PC versions?

BShadowJ

I know there's cross-play, but is it there an account system in the game? So I can share my profile/progress between PS4 and PC versions?

Nope sorry, no progress sharing between platforms.
Right now you can't do cross platform parties either, and I thought that having an account system would be the easiest way to solve that, so maybe if they did that, they could implement your idea as well. This is all pure speculation on my part for now though.

farisr

Any news on how the performance will be for 4 player splitscreen on the ps4? Were people able to test that out in the beta?

Game will be up 9 am PST on PC. On PSN it varies.

Dedicated servers US East/West, Europe, Austrailia, Middle East, South America.
Any news on how the performance will be for 4 player splitscreen on the ps4? Were people able to test that out in the beta?

Supposedly holds up very well.

Qvoth

Game will be up 9 am PST on PC. On PSN it varies.

Dedicated servers US East/West, Europe, Austrailia, Middle East, South America.

Supposedly holds up very well.
Australia? Nice! I'll probably mainly be playing over there, but from what I played in the beta, ping doesn't seem to be that big of a deal in this game, I was mostly in 2-300 ping games and it didn't feel laggy

moerser

i dint know how much i need this game in my life until yesterday. i literally watched every single youtube video today... cant wait.

Oh! You can sort of see Real Team's flag in the background, too! haha...

Now for some screenshots from the video I'm currently editing :)

HMumaV.jpg

fbP9PJ.jpg

wdER4i.jpg

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
ok Guys I got a few ones :

Rocket League |OT| Balls To The Walls

Rocket League |OT| Now With -66% Length Name

Rocket League |OT| Now I Can Remember This Game's Name

Rocket League |OT| Driver Racoons Learn Soccer (or Football)

Rocket League |OT| Don't Drop The Ball On This One

please I'm not english so they may sound awkward just tell me what you think or which is your favorite.

Rocket League |OT| The Real Pro Evolution of Soccer
Rocket League |OT| Off Side. On Walls. In the Air.

Rocket League |OT| Of Legends, Nations, and Extraordinary Adrenaline.

Top Bottom