• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League out July 7th + Sweet Tooth in

Apathy

The word of mouth this game is getting is amazing and I'm so glad that the team is getting it. The beta was just amazing

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Just found out that the credit-card fraud the bank called about was actually just Sony trying to charge for the repair service. Now cards are cancelled and new ones coming in mail. Can't change payment method until Monday. Yeah...

Looks like I won't be joining you all on Rocket League at least for a week or so.

Just found out that the credit-card fraud the bank called about was actually just Sony trying to charge for the repair service. Now cards are cancelled and new ones coming in mail. Can't change payment method until Monday. Yeah...

Looks like I won't be joining you all on Rocket League at least for a week or so.
Can't buy a psn card?

You are free to watch my stream :D

Ark

I'm so bored. I'm literally playing games just to try to take my mind off the release this week :(

GeeTeeCee

I've just been watching what little footage I captured on my PS4 during my time in the beta, including a cheeky goal in the last second of a match.

I should not have done this. The wait is now excruciating. But no, I just had to go and remind myself how fun the game is...

BShadowJ

Really? Wow talk about bad luck :(

EDIT: Those sneak peaks are good though... Too good x)

Ark

Rocket League |OT| Just do it

Rocket League |OT| Nothing is impossible

Rocket League |OT| Just bop it

Rocket League |OT| Don't try to walk it in

Rocket League |OT| It's all in the hips

I got nothin'

Someone mentioned it before but I really like this one.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Wow, that's so simple. I adore it.

Edit: this actually made me a little emotional. It's been such a long road to Rocket League and to see how the Internet has taken to it is beautiful.

The OT will be live at 1330 UK time.

1413160796199.gif

Ark

Obviously the PS+ version is launching at midnight, but do we know whether or not the Steam version is unlocking at midnight too? Hopefully I'll be able to play this before going to work on Tuesday :)

Obviously the PS+ version is launching at midnight, but do we know whether or not the Steam version is unlocking at midnight too? Hopefully I'll be able to play this before going to work on Tuesday :)
9 am Pacific according to the devs on a stream a few days ago.

Someone mentioned it before but I really like this one.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

This gets my vote, it's perfect!

I'm ridiculously hyped for this game. One more night's sleep. One more day of work. One more mid-day nap, and then up all fucking night playing this wonderful game.

Thank you, Psyonix team!

Rocket League OT | hey americans, it's not "soccer", it's called crack

I like this one. Can't wait to get back into this game. I dumped stupid hours into the betas, I can't imagine how it's going to be with a bunch of fields and cars and trophies.... Can't wait!

I hope these guys are adequately compensated for PS + free downloads.

Ark

Sad I missed out on the original. I'm new to the hype train but it's awesome to know there has been a hardcore devoted community all these years and that this game is something special.

This was posted on reddit as a tribute to the original.

I remember playing it back in 2010 and it was some of the most fun I'd ever had on my PS3. I had no idea Rocket League existed until the thread on GAF about signing up for invites to the beta. Unfortunately I couldn't find the time to actually play the beta, so Tuesday will be my first foray into the new Rocket League.

iosefe

There is no better alternative than Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle Cars 2

It needs to 2. For reasons.

It shouldn't be too long

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Really looking forward to trying this, I hope it lives up to the hype.

Really looking forward to trying this, I hope it lives up to the hype.

The beta certainly made an impression on everyone that played it. I think the overwhelming majority of people posted overwhelmingly positive things about it. I was in training when the beta came out and had a bunch of friends over with little gaming experience, and everyone was hooked. It was ridiculous how fun it was.

23qwerty

Isn't the PS+ version not launching at midnight?

BShadowJ

They never launch at midnight. It'll be midday Tuesday when they update the store.

You're right that they usually don't release PS+ games at midnight, but as you can see here:

https://twitter.com/fuzzhead93/status/617082568563777536
https://twitter.com/RocketLeague/status/617494248917602304
https://twitter.com/RocketLeague/status/617920137266499584

I think I remember seeing someone saying that Ether One (that was on PS+ recently) also released at midnight. So yes, it's not normal, but we should get a midnight release barring any major screw ups from Sony (which are always possible...).

Sad I missed out on the original. I'm new to the hype train but it's awesome to know there has been a hardcore devoted community all these years and that this game is something special.

This was posted on reddit as a tribute to the original.

As Shadow said, it was actually me who edited this. It is by no means the best our community had to offer. For that, see its sequel made by the much more talented Fyshokid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ociHLeNUXT8

It's almost strange for us that so many people are seeing the light and playing and falling in love with Rocket League. It's everything we've wanted for years :)

Btw: the OT is officially completely complete! Just waiting till 1:30 my time to press the big green button. BShadowJ and NicolajNN have done fantastic work with it.

ALSO sorry I couldn't help you xenorevlis. I have soooo much PC stuff to fix before I can pump out RL content properly :(

Top Bottom