• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RTX 3090 Ti/ RTX 3080 TI Mobile confirmed

Draugoth

Gold Member
source

RTX 3090 TI

NVIDIA-GeForce-RTX-3090Ti-1200x671.jpg

1.png

The new card will utilize the full GA102 GPU with 10752 CUDA cores. For RTX 3090 Ti, NVIDIA is adding 24GB of faster GDDR6X memory clocked at 21 Gbps. Such a memory attached to a 384-bit memory bus enables 1 TB/s of maximum theoretical bandwidth, nearly 7.7% faster than RTX 3090.

The RTX 3090 Ti Founders Edition is a triple-slot design, pretty much identical to the original model. The card will make use of a single 16-pin power connector which will feed up to 450W of power. We have already seen custom models with recommended 1000W power supply so this SKU is definitely not for mid-range spec’ed systems.

According to our information, the card will have a significantly higher base clock of 1560 MHz and a boost of 1860 MHz. This is respectively 12% and 10% higher than RTX 3090 non-Ti. What this means is that the card will offer up to 40 TFLOPS of single-precision compute power.

RTX 3080 TI Mobile

NVIDIA is set to announce its RTX 3080 Ti class GPU for laptops tomorrow during its CES 2022 special address. Today we are looking at a leaked GPU-Z screenshot confirming the exact configuration of the upcoming model.

The PCI Device ID of RTX 3080 Ti is 2420, rumored to be the new GA103S GPU. This is exactly how NVIDIA managed to add more than 6144 CUDA cores, which was a limit of GA104 GPU. The RTX 3080 Ti ships with 7424 CUDA cores, so 256 shy of the full implementation of the rumored GA103 GPU.

The upcoming laptop flagship GPU will be equipped with up to Samsung 16GB GDDR6 memory across a 256-bit memory bus. What’s new here is the speed of 16 Gbps (listed as 2000 MHz below). This, for the first time, enables 512 GB/s bandwidth for mobile GeForce gaming.

NVIDIA-GeForce-RTX3080Ti-Laptop-GPUZ.jpg

UPDATE:

h8sb8i1k9p981.jpg

FIRVYQgXwA0vYH5.jpg

FIRVYwiXsAsg7yd

Last edited:

Ulysses 31

No mention if its PCI-E 5.0 like this article says.

NVIDIA is expected to have its new GeForce RTX 3090 Ti graphics card with PCIe 5.0 power connectors, which it will be the first in the world with, and ASUS will now have your back with its ROG Thor 1600W Titanium PSU.

Last edited:

Dream-Knife

Banned
3090ti from EVGA will use 2 12 pin connectors with a theoretical max of 1275W. Damn.

Draugoth

Gold Member
3090ti from EVGA will use 2 12 pin connectors with a theoretical max of 1275W. Damn.

4500$ MSRP, for fuck's sake.

Kenpachii

So basically a oced 3090 was to be expected.

Good to see confirmation that ampere was always designed around higher watts then 350w. Already thought so. Nvidia played it safe with AMD it seems like as AMD probably never though nvidia would drop heaters for there next gpu's.

Just wait for lovelace with 500W+ :messenger_beaming:

P.S 3090ti useless card until you have alot money. This year RDNA3 and Lovelace coming

Doubht RDNA3 and lovelace will release this year, and if they do u won't be able to buy them for shit as it will be paper launch for sure. As far as the rumors are at this point, u can expect late q4 this year release, and then even getting your hands on it probably will take another good amounts of months if not up to a year. That 3090ti will stay mighty long relevant.

And that is without knowing the absurbt prices nivdia could ask for there cards on top of it + being huge space heaters up to 750w. I doubt nivida is going to target 500w halo card with lovelace as i can see amd straight up focus on 600w halo card.

Last edited:

scraz

Real talk, can i extend the manufacture warranty on my 3080FE? somehow? Shit is getting even more stupid.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
1TB/s bandwidth crossed.

The 4070 better be hitting 1TB/s cuz this peasantry measuring in GB/s has got to go!

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Did they announced anything related to 4000 series?

They just announced their new range topper 3000 series.
What better way to kill all the hype of their 2000 dollar GPU than to announce that they are gonna have a GPU that can match that at a quarter the MSRP.

Did you double think that before posting?
They might be stupid but they arent that stupid.

Myths

Damn … I have the 3070 mobile and it’s pretty good. But more VRAM would benefit me greatly with the type of mods I run.

maxresdefault.jpg

3090 Ti, in a nutshell

You have a better chance getting these new GPUs in OEM devices than buying the cards outright these days tbh

This is pretty much the reason why I’ve moved from Desktop to Mobile/Notebook this past year. I can get the latest card and kick back at that. Adding to this, they aren’t far off in comparison to their desktop counterparts.

Last edited:

Haggard

Banned
This is pretty much the reason why I’ve moved from Desktop to Mobile/Notebook this past year. I can get the latest card and kick back at that. Adding to this, they aren’t far off in comparison to their desktop counterparts.
40+ % performance difference is "not far off"......
k

Damn … I have the 3070 mobile and it’s pretty good. But more VRAM would benefit me greatly with the type of mods I run.

Yeah that plus if you need the extra perf you can just go with an eGPU at a later date, provided your CPU is good enough and the RAM is good (preferably better if you can upgrade the RAM but that's not always an option).

That's what I'm planning on doing for my laptop this gen; it won't be able to power some 3090 Ti or 6900 XT type of card but it'll be good enough for the performance I need and especially good for almost all emulation. If I need more perf for current-gen games I'll just either go soft-build a system and swap in the external card as needed, or pick up one of the next-gen systems (or their mid-gen refreshes), whichever comes first.

octiny

Banned
The same shit stock cooler i guess. To bad.

What? The 3090 FE triple slot cooler is an absolute beast. Shunt modded my 3090 upwards of 500 watts and it's handling it w/ ease in a 10L SFF case.

Link

You may be mistaking it w/ the 3080 cooler which was reused on 3080 ti.

Top Bottom