• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R 2 Has been Reportedly Delayed to 2024

Draugoth

Gold Member
According to an updated press kit shared by GSC Game World, STALKER 2: Heart of Chornobyl will arrive in Q1 2024.

095240.png

"STALKER 2: Heart of Chornobyl launches for PC and Xbox Series S|X in Q1 2024. The game will be available on Game Pass on day one, and pre-orders are open on our website, as well as on Steam and GOG. Pre-orders for physical editions are available on the official website,"

GSC Game World has not made any kind of official announcement regarding the postponement, so it's best to take this information as a rumour.

Last edited:

Bry0

I don’t want the game to get buried. Q1 gives it a better spotlight, more time to polish, and gives MS a gamepass launch to push in the spring after starfield and forza are out. Sounds fine to me. Not like there aren’t a million games to play until then.

Killer8

Q1 is looking packed now:

Tekken 8
Persona 3 Reload
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth
Still Wakes the Deep
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy
Pacific Drive
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chornobyl
Rise of the Ronin

Probably loads more but that's what interests me.

35cent

Fair enough. They can take their time with it given the circumstances. They've done a great job to get the game this far all ready. Also gives me time to play through the first game.

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
Nah the game looked too good to release so early. It did the same MS bs of rls date to hype and then delay that they've been doing for all their supported games. Most likely it wont reach Q1 either. I expect it late 2024.

Perrott

Gold Member
Q1 is looking packed now:

Tekken 8
Persona 3 Reload
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth
Still Wakes the Deep
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy
Pacific Drive
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chornobyl
Rise of the Ronin

Probably loads more but that's what interests me.
Yeah, and Silent Hill 2 is also releasing in January, plus Suicide Squad and Granblue Fantasy ReLink in early February.

Ozriel

M$FT
Nah the game looked too good to release so early. It did the same MS bs of rls date to hype and then delay that they've been doing for all their supported games. Most likely it wont reach Q1 either. I expect it late 2024.

What does MS have to do with release dates for a game they aren’t publishing?

Delays are tied to the war in Ukraine.

Verchod

Well the last official update was December last year, when they released a new trailer with a December 2023 date at the end.
They have a playable demo at gamescom this week. They must be happy with their progress if they can sort a playable build for a show. Maybe Q1 next year isn't that unreasonable.

Top Bottom