• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

S______L for PS5 to be revealed soon (The dedicated blueballs/Kojima 'conspiracy' thread)

Is this new Silent Hill real or fake?

• Real

Votes: 330 44.6%
  • Fake

Votes: 410 55.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SaucyJack

AFAIK it won't be the former as Konami is a publicly traded company so that offer would need to be announced to shareholders before completion

No it wouldn’t.

Selling/licensing some ip is the sort of thing that gets announced through press release.

martino

Got you one better:
adDQSxAL.jpg
playstation-studios-1.png

Black background with white letters in the center and the word "Studios" at the bottom hmmmmm....
tenor.gif
and we only know one video game "blue box"

SoraNoKuni

That's Kojima trolling for sure, their answers are always misleading just like back then with Moby Dick Studios.

They also claim they have 7 external studios helping for this game, an indie game.

Also after so many people linking them with Kojima before the S_L teaser then telling us they didn't want us to correlate it with Silent hill... That's bs. If they want to use Kojima and Silent hill for the attention they'll soon learn that angry gamers are the worst kind of attention you can get.

Vick

All these people who still don't think Silent Hill is coming. The game will probably release and they'll STILL be denying it.

It's coming and it has always been on the way, since the initial leaks that some people refused to believe.
SimilarJointDuckbillplatypus-size_restricted.gif

Silent Hill is dead. Silent Hills is dead. Nor this nor Abandoned are related to anything Silent Hill.

I spent more than four years of my life with the hope Death Stranding was secretly Silent Hills. Day after day after day, and there were tons of proofs. I'm done, the dream is dead, the series is dead, all i'll ever have is P.T. and that's it.

It's the only way to keep my heart functional. Silent Hill is dead.

And even if it's not, i won't believe shit until i hold a copy in my hands.

SkylineRKR

Blue Box seems to be a legit studio thats been around for some time. I don't see how these guys would serve as a ploy for Hideo unless Guerilla has inherited them or something.

They're constantly using these rumours as bait though. They probably get the attention they wanted but honestly I wouldn't look into this too much.

RaySoft

Blue Box seems to be a legit studio thats been around for some time. I don't see how these guys would serve as a ploy for Hideo unless Guerilla has inherited them or something.

They're constantly using these rumours as bait though. They probably get the attention they wanted but honestly I wouldn't look into this too much.
Don't be so naive:) accounts/stats/names/etc can be altered.
For all we know, Kojima could have multiple troll accounts created many years ago just for stuff like this.

DeepSpace5D

So has anyone played one of their previous games? I’ve heard talk that they’ve possibly made some games on Steam before or Kickstarter. Is there any video footage of one of their games running? On their Youtube channel they don’t have any videos uploaded.

Last edited:

dcmk7

Banned
This 100% is Silent Hill and Kojima.
The weird ass trailer liking to Metal Gear in a more than obvious way at the Keighley presentation to me seals the deal.

It's too many years since the Konami break up, clearly Sony has either gotten the IP rights and gave Kojima back his toys or Konami will just get a cut of the sales.

I'll eat my own feces if this isn't all a Kojima troll :messenger_grinning_squinting:
Bookmarked :messenger_clapping:

Arrested Development Mistake GIF

SaucyJack

Everything in relation to this company, the director, their games just appears to be an empty shell.

It’s all very weird.

This may, or may not, be Silent Hill and Kojima. But it’s definitely something more than it appears at face value.

I called it many moons ago in the forum. If this isn’t Silent Hill, these guys are the biggest trolls on earth and no one will buy their game.
Which HAS to be something they realize, right?

This is career suicide if I ever seen one, so it just boggles my mind if this isn't Silent Hill.

Like, whoa, ya'll trying to commit harakiri at your first big attempt at the Playstation pie?

Jason Bateman Cotton GIF

Dick Jones

Gold Member

I knew the studio tweeted in Japanese once. I couldn't find it but I found a response to the deleted Japanese tweet.

The more than 7 studios, I'm thinking more than 7 is 8 so (indulge me here):
it is either a 7780s studios reference (PT)
or
The studios who developed SH, I forgot Hijinx who ported HD collection
IEGH9B2.jpg

Last edited:

nekrik

Do you guys think Hasan Kahraman is a made up name like Joakim Mogren, or is it real?
It obviously is! And the Netherlands based BBgamestudios :messenger_tears_of_joy: with a logo which resembles Sony game studios is something like Swedish MobyDick games ! I am sure of it! I could not find anything about the Hasan Kahraman CEO except some empty linkedIN profiles, so i smell some big trolling BS

Last edited:

MastaKiiLA

The weirdest thing for me is they get not only a teaser and blog post, but also a dedicated hype app? The last one is weird. A dev with no portfolio, or at least a very small one. This game has Sony's support in a way that would require one hell of a pitch/proof of concept. Maybe Hasan is just one hell of a salesman.

It obviously is! And the Netherlands based BBgamestudios :messenger_tears_of_joy: with a logo which resembles Sony game studios is something like Swedish MobyDick games ! I am sure of it! I could not find anything about the Hasan Kahraman CEO except some empty linkedIN profiles, so i smell some big trolling BS
Yeah totally. HK=Hideo Kojima

SkylineRKR

Don't be so naive:) accounts/stats/names/etc can be altered.
For all we know, Kojima could have multiple troll accounts created many years ago just for stuff like this.

Could be, but he did use a legit company in this case with a legit address and everything. These guys also released something on Steam, that apparently changed developer.
Do you guys think Hasan Kahraman is a made up name like Joakim Mogren, or is it real?

Well I looked him up since i'm dutch also. He has a linkedin with no pedigree or anything. Also nothing on FB it seems.

This is certainly the sort of thing that I could imagine Kojima doing but is it definately him? Who the hell knows, it is fun to mess around with though.
If only we had previous examples related to either Hideo Kojima or Silent Hill(s) that involved a downloadable app that let you run live code that was later Abandoned. 🤔

It seems like some people think this is fake, fake kojima. Like, an indie no name pretending to be Kojima. Why would they do that!?

assurdum

Banned
So is it confirmed to be an old IP reboot? Because if it's a new one how we can guess the title?

Last edited:

bitbydeath

Gold Member
Could be, but he did use a legit company in this case with a legit address and everything. These guys also released something on Steam, that apparently changed developer.
What makes you think it’s a legit company or that anything released on Steam? Don’t forget the ‘developer’ it moved to isn’t an actual game developer.

Top Bottom