• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

S______L for PS5 to be revealed soon (The dedicated blueballs/Kojima 'conspiracy' thread)

Is this new Silent Hill real or fake?

• Real

Votes: 330 44.6%
  • Fake

Votes: 410 55.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The people that are doubting this Silent Hill connection are probably the same people that are still waiting for Moby Dick studio to finally release their game on PS4 .

A98bD7dCUAAHTEx.png

Since 2012 :messenger_grinning_squinting::messenger_ok:

Vae_Victis

Banned
Taken in totality, this is not a minor marketing strategy. And the probability that this strategy changed for this one no-name game from an indie dev, and none others before or since, is as far-fetched as any of the theories in this thread. We're talking about many iterations of the same thing, only for a game from a company with no portfolio, no name on the game, and a teaser that shows visuals beyond anything we've seen from an indie so far is the game where they switch things up? Nah playah!
Lol, the teaser is generic Unreal Engine 4 assets running at 20 fps. I don't know what you find so impressive about that.

This video is from 2017 btw:

Teasers aren't like any other trailer. You tease something you expect to be big, something you expect gamers to have interest in. You don't tease Solar Ash. You don't tease Black Tiger. You tease Ragnarok. You tease Starfield. You tease...whatever the fuck this ends up being. This isn't a teaser from an art house film studio. This is a teaser from the leader in video games. They have so many games they can tease, that they know gamers are thirsty for. Why this one?
I assume it's up to the developers to decide how to call their trailers. Do you think Sony cares if the trailer they are sent to publish is called "Teaser" or "Announcement"? It's a goddamn announcement trailer, except nothing happens in it, so they called it "teaser". There is no mystery behind any of this.

PT as a teaser of sorts, as it wasn't a demo of a complete game. It was a tease of a concept Kojima had. An app dedicated to a game is unprecedented, and you don't do unprecedented things as a marketing-focused company, because it's a dumb idea. No offense, but I think you'd agree that you're straining to explain that one away.
As I said, I simply have no clue what are Sony's policies in regards to third-party apps. If you don't know either, it's pointless to speculate on this.

Also, did Sony themselves ever put this in the spotlight? I've seen Blue Box tweet about it, but was there more? Does Sony really give that much of a shit or is making a big deal out of it?

The KS is the only thing tied to their name, with the Steam listing listed under the rather odd SneakyWarrior label. You know who's a sneaky warrior? Solid Snake. Ze plot zickens.
No, it isn't. Blue Box Game Studios also has a curator page on Steam, where they promote that other game called "The Haunting" that they stated on twitter they were developing to begin with, but now was "moved" to another developer called CREATEQ Interactive.

Also, their game director Hasan Kahraman has several bottom-of-the-barrel games published on iOS (link).

We are entering Witness Protection Program levels of creating fake identities here. Who the hell sets all of this stuff up for the best part of a decade in order to announce a video game that back then was most likely not even in discussion?

In the 1% chance that Kojima is really behind all of this, he needs to be locked up because he'd be a legit psycho, and I would not want to be anywhere near him at any place or time.

You figured this out, but Sony with decades of experience working with indie devs couldn't sniff out a scam, despite having more access to the dev than any of us? Nah playah!
They published horrendous shit cobbled together in Unity or UE in an afternoon in the past. See some of the games I mentioned before. This seems like a very moot point.

Personally, I just think Sony doesn't care and is giving these guys free reign to do whatever they want, as long as they don't explicitly mislead people. I don't know what the deal with the app is, or what the app itself will be in practice, but we'll find that out soon enough.

Toots

Gold Member
This thread is one post "it's kojima and silent hill i bet my dick on it", and the next one : "no way in hell its kojima i 'd cut my balls if im wrong"

I mean there's money to be made with such burning conviction...

Neogaf Bets has a nice ring to it.

I wonder what an enthralling fellow such as Evilore thinks about it?

This thread is one post "it's kojima and silent hill i bet my dick on it", and the next one : "no way in hell its kojima i 'd cut my balls if im wrong"

I mean there's money to be made with such burning conviction...

Neogaf Bets has a nice ring to it.

I wonder what an enthralling fellow such as Evilore thinks about it?
The real Silent Hill was the friends we Abandoned along the way.

weren't there also like 2 insiders who were sure silent hill was in development. they just didnt know when it would be shown and assumed it would be at the PS5 reveal showcase when really, it will be revealed in a couple weeks at sony's next showcase!?

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Setsuna Mudou Setsuna Mudou : So the theory is that instead of inventing a fake company, Kojima contacted some 2 bit indie dev w/ a bunch of crap to their name to hide behind?

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
THEORY FROM REDDIT

BlueBox Games is located in the Netherlands. You're probably saying to yourself, "okkayy? How is this relevant?" We'll, if you look on the back of Sam's gear in Death Stranding he happens to have a sticker of the Netherland's flag. Moreover, some of the merch that Kojima & co. wear include the Netherland's flag as well.

Next, let's take a look at BlueBox's YouTube Channel. Take a look at the header. Does that not look like a vista from Death Stranding? Take a look at their logo on display as well, does that not look like a carbon copy of the PS Studios logo?

Furthermore, if you take a look the game studios in the Netherlands- BlueBox is suspiciously absent from that list. Guerilla Games, however, is on that list.

Let me get this straight - BlueBox opened up in 2014, have only one game to show for and you're expecting me to believe Sony is laying out the red carpet just cause? Not even a fully developed game either, one that's in early access. Also, their own game isn't being developed by them anymore(!)- it's been handed off to another developer.

Weird.

Lastly, I want everyone to know that Kojima has pulled off something similar to this in the past. Take a look at this tweet from 2012. I know a lot of you will point directly to BlueBox's outright denial - but again, Kojima has done this in the past.
sci-fi film GIF

MastaKiiLA

Lol, the teaser is generic Unreal Engine 4 assets running at 20 fps. I don't know what you find so impressive about that.

This video is from 2017 btw:

Seen any PS5 indie titles that look anywhere near that? We are to assume the teaser visuals are built into a complete game, not just some bullshit slapped together for a demo. You act like the channels are flooded with anything that looks like that. There's a reason indie games look like indie games, and it's because generating visuals at scale costs money.
I assume it's up to the developers to decide how to call their trailers. Do you think Sony cares if the trailer they are sent to publish is called "Teaser" or "Announcement"? It's a goddamn announcement trailer, except nothing happens in it, so they called it "teaser". There is no mystery behind any of this.
It's everything taken in totality. You're not an observer of precedent, I presume.
As I said, I simply have no clue what are Sony's policies in regards to third-party apps. If you don't know either, it's pointless to speculate on this.
Um...this whole thread is speculation, duh.
Also, did Sony themselves ever put this in the spotlight? I've seen Blue Box tweet about it, but was there more? Does Sony really give that much of a shit or is making a big deal out of it?
It's something that hasn't been done for another game since PT, from what I remember. Sony hasn't made comment even of the reveal date, much less the app.
No, it isn't. Blue Box Game Studios also has a curator page on Steam, where they promote that other game called "The Haunting" that they stated on twitter they were developing to begin with, but now was "moved" to another developer called CREATEQ Interactive.
Still nothing in their porfolio. A KS that gets bought out, but unreleased, and a Steam game kicked over to another dev, but still unreleased. There's not much of a paper trail.
Also, their game director Hasan Kahraman has several bottom-of-the-barrel games published on iOS (link).
Not sure that proves anything, or if it's even the same person. The assumption is that it's really Kojima, so the name is no more important than Joakim Mogren.
We are entering Witness Protection Program levels of creating fake identities here. Who the hell sets all of this stuff up for the best part of a decade in order to announce a video game that back then was most likely not even in discussion?

In the 1% chance that Kojima is really behind all of this, he needs to be locked up because he'd be a legit psycho, and I would not want to be anywhere near him at any place or time.
Kojima staged a fake interview with Dorito Pope, and had the guy wear a head bandage. I think Kojima is aware of the cult of personality that follows him. I think he has fun with it. I don't think there's any difficulty in any of this. PT/Silent Hills gets canned, and he decides he's going to finish the project eventually. Knowing he doesn't own the IP, and isn't sure it fits into the KojiPro portfolio, he just creates a studio with one of his buddies at Guerilla. It's all paper anyway. I've personally been associated with 2 paper companies, one in the US, and one in Thailand. There are any number of reasons to do so. In the US, it was just to get a promotion on a Dell laptop. It gives him flexibility to pursue side projects that might not work under the umbrella of the official brand. It also helps if IP disputes come into play, as he can claim ownership under the paper company.

Mind you, this is all just hypothetical, but it's not unheard of by any means. Protecting IP of personal projects is important for coders, and many do set up their own businesses to allow them to protect side projects, so that their main employer can't claim that it was created while on their dime. I have a few friends who have done this in the past. Moby Dick never actually released a game, but we still got Phantom Pain. This kind of behavior is very much on brand for Kojima. I don't know if the length of time is really that hard to grasp, given he performed a dry run with TPP previously.
They published horrendous shit cobbled together in Unity or UE in an afternoon in the past. See some of the games I mentioned before. This seems like a very moot point.

Personally, I just think Sony doesn't care and is giving these guys free reign to do whatever they want, as long as they don't explicitly mislead people. I don't know what the deal with the app is, or what the app itself will be in practice, but we'll find that out soon enough.
We can agree to disagree. This thread is all about feeding the hype beast. Get on board. The end will be entertaining either way.

IntentionalPun

Still nothing in their porfolio. A KS that gets bought out, but unreleased, and a Steam game kicked over to another dev, but still unreleased. There's not much of a paper trail.
The shit steam game was in fact "released" in early access; it got pulled because it was crap... lol So was the crap Android game.. not sure why anyone thinks it was "bought" just because whoever made it got another company to put their name on it.

These are real things, asset flips.. the Kickstarter was real.. and ended up becoming a crappy Android game.

This all fits the "paper trail" of a no name developer trying to make games on the side.. the games are total garbage, basically scams.. just like the iOS games under the same person's names..

Almost like this person is a grade A bullshitter.

Last edited:

MastaKiiLA

The shit steam game was in fact "released" in early access; it got pulled because it was crap... lol So was the crap Android game.. not sure why anyone thinks it was "bought" just because whoever made it got another company to put their name on it.

These are real things, asset flips.. the Kickstarter was real.. and ended up becoming a crappy Android game.

This all fits the "paper trail" of a no name developer trying to make games on the side.. the games are total garbage, basically scams.. just like the iOS games under the same person's names..

Almost like this person is a grade A bullshitter.
Kojima with the misdirection.

We shouldn’t forget that Kojima love boxes, how many cardboard boxes were already in MGS and Death Stranding and then again in the teaser for Death Stranding DC a cardboard box is playing a prominent role.

IntentionalPun

Maybe the non believers are too young to remember phantom pain or P.T.?

There is a pattern here, folks. Either start betting your avatars or go back to the "Xbox has so many games now" thread.
"He's done this before" doesn't really work since Blue Box Games isn't some fake company.. it's existed since 2015.. it's just a no-name indie dev, so there's not much out there.. they've never really successfully launched anything outside of Android (1 star reviews, asset flip disaster), or an early access Steam game that was eventually pulled (another asset flip disaster). But they exist.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
"He's done this before" doesn't really work since Blue Box Games isn't some fake company.. it's existed since 2015.. it's just a no-name indie dev, so there's not much out there.. they've never really successfully launched anything outside of Android (1 star reviews, asset flip disaster), or an early access Steam game that was eventually pulled (another asset flip disaster). But they exist.
It's all a part of the long game maaaaaaaaan. Kojima is just leveling up!
200.gif

OneBigPuss

I think this is nothing more that building some free (undeserved) hype for some meh indie game BUT on the other hand...Remember PT and what Kojima was talking about after we knew that it's not some indie game?

That he made the graphics look worse, so it will look like something not high budget BUT he failed at that, because cmon PT looks amazing to this day and people catched on pretty quickly on that.

Game had a lot of Silent Hill hints from the beginning (Halo of the Sun in the right corner of the screen) too. Now Blue Box Studio hinting at SH and then denying to catch interest. Now let's look at Abandoned trailer.

Game looks really low budget and runs like shit. Even the voice acting is very amatorish. Definitely it will be a game made by some small dev right? Or maybe Kojima finally downgraded the graphics so when we will have another trailer it will go from this shit to something sweet. I have spoken.

Last edited:
No chance this is anything to do with Silent Hill or Kojima. This is a small-time dev riding some nice free publicity.

G
can you blame them?

1) People are the ones who believe they are working on Silent Hill
2) There are conspiracies pointing to all that, which may be a coincidence.
3) Having a name that starts with an S and ends with L can be anything.
4) If I were in the same position, I could ride with the wave, in the end, good or bad publicity is still publicity.
5) People will need to blame themselves if their expectations were false.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
This thread is a proof people are sheeple that can be manipulated without any effort and create hype out of nowhere.

Hey, man. Cool story, bro. I bet you're lots of fun at parties. Please share this story at the midnight release party I'm formally throwing at Times Square for the Kojima Silent Hill!

#2022Believe
#KojiProBlueBox
#ThereWasAHoleHere
#It'sKojimaNow

Last edited:

Faithless83

Banned
And they are being followed by Geoff because...?

As you just said, a mobile no name dev...

Setsuna Mudou Setsuna Mudou : So the theory is that instead of inventing a fake company, Kojima contacted some 2 bit indie dev w/ a bunch of crap to their name to hide behind?
I'm not sure if this BlueBox dev team is an actual thing. Have we ever actually played any of their games? Can I buy it now and try it out?

There's just too many "coincidences" from too many different parties to not connect the dots. For all we know these devs if they are real, could be a support studio for this new game.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster

So, Kojima's tweet from the 9th with Silent and Hill weirdly integrated into it is just a coincidence?

I did a search on the studio director's name to try to find something. I found this listing:

He is number 24 and 25 on this list, and the city/town matches the guy's LinkedIn. Very strangely though, his name is listed in the column where the street address is for the other people on this list, and the name column contains "Box Computer Entertainment, Blue", for one of these two listings. Looks like the company has some address registered matching this guy's private home or something ie. the entire company is just him and his house/apartment. I checked Street View and it checks out. There is also a phone number attached for both listings, different numbers though.

Last edited:

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
I did a search on the studio director's name to try to find something. I found this listing:

He is number 25 on this list, and the city/town matches the guy's LinkedIn. Very strangely though, his name is listed in the column where the street address is for the other people on this list, and the name column contains "Box Computer Entertainment, Blue". There is also a phone number attached.

CALL IT

IntentionalPun

I'm not sure if this BlueBox dev team is an actual thing. Have we ever actually played any of their games? Can I buy it now and try it out?

There's just too many "coincidences" from too many different parties to not connect the dots. For all we know these devs if they are real, could be a support studio for this new game.
The failed kickstarter is obviously real, and from 2015..

Click the "See more" under Blue Box Studios description and you'll even see Hasan Kahraman listed as the creator of the company.

The game on Steam was definitely available for purchase in April, there are even reviews.. it appears to have been pulled.. but it was there. Even though they changed the company name to "CREATEQ" all the other info still says to email blue box studios. Steam link, Look at the reviews and how they have "hours played."

One of the games also released on Android, and has a 1 star rating. Not sure if that's still available for download, but obviously at least was.

It's all real stuff, just not finished projects.. and it's all kind of crap, indicative of what a dev trying their hand at video games would do, same with the iOS games under that guy's name. None of it particularly strange... even the pulling of the game that apparently barely worked on Steam.. sounds like exactly what some indie dev would do when they got some attention for a "PS5 exclusive"... that honestly, is probably just someone fucking around in UE4. Sony doesn't exactly heavily vet what they promote these days lol.. never really have on social media.

And the video WAS cool that they created.. however it's also not particularly difficult to do in UE4... and there are loads of free assets out there to use.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

He is number 24 and 25 on this list, and the city/town matches the guy's LinkedIn. Very strangely though, his name is listed in the column where the street address is for the other people on this list, and the name column contains "Box Computer Entertainment, Blue", for one of these two listings. Looks like the company has some address registered matching this guy's private home or something ie. the entire company is just him and his house/apartment. I checked Street View and it checks out. There is also a phone number attached for both listings, different numbers though.
This address is also an hour from CREATEQ's home office.

Dude probably googled for a software company nearby to change the company name on Steam to un-associate from his crappy asset flip that didn't work (according to reviews).. or knows someone who works there or something.

IntentionalPun

And they are being followed by Geoff because...?

As you just said, a mobile no name dev...
Because they are "creating a PS5 exclusive", and made a video for it and got Sony to put it on their channels.. and Geoff put that video on some presentation he was hosting. There isn't exactly a ton of vetting going on when it comes to Sony and indie games.. or really anyone in the media and indie games.. lol

People thought the video looked really cool.. probably why Sony put it on their social media, that's also why people on the internet got excited...

That's a far more likely scenario than a 7 year long con from Kojima releasing terrible asset flip "games" on the internet under an assumed name that actually tracks to a real person in the Netherlands.

Last edited:

SkylineRKR

Netherlands gaffers, help please?

This feels like a 4chan raid now. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

I already did.

Blue Box is officially registered as a company since 6 or so years. They have a legit existing address and a phone number, though the Address isn't an office space but seems to be private residence. There are 2 in fact, a private home and some small time asset in a shopping street.

This is nothing like Moby Dick which was invented for Phantom Pain. Blue Box exists for longer. Had a KS pulled by themselves because of a benefactor and after 8 donations totaling 180 bucks ish. There was real money donated. That game was Rewind which had Abandoned as its first chapter. Seeing how that project is from 2014 or 2015, its likely that these guys were PT fans and wanted to create something like it.

For a ploy this is way too elaborate, unless they've been inherited and Sony runs with it now. But I say those are just SH fans wanting to create something similar. I gladly eat crow since I love classic SH, but it would be a really odd and far fetched play. If BB was founded like late last year with no traces then I would say its a Hideo troll.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Because they are "creating a PS5 exclusive", and made a video for it and got Sony to put it on their channels..
Sony isn't going to have a blog post for some obscure failure with no actual game to show.
There has to be something more to this, especially knowing how these pitches work and the like behind closed doors. There wasn't even an early access to go off of on Steam like they normally do with these types of things.

Either it's part of some major viral marketing ARG we are in, or they legit have something they showed Sony behind closed doors for a dedicated blog post and a good amount of hype articles by websites right after.

Last edited:
Top Bottom