• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

S______L for PS5 to be revealed soon (The dedicated blueballs/Kojima 'conspiracy' thread)

Is this new Silent Hill real or fake?

• Real

Votes: 330 44.6%
  • Fake

Votes: 410 55.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

silent head

zGqVEZL.png

Dga5Ehd.png

QuuQXGs.png

Vae_Victis

Banned
They're REALLY going out of their way to get as much attention as possible. Every other thing they say or do is some oblique reference to Silent Hill or something that doesn't make any sense with them being a small indie studio. At the same time though, they are maintaining enough of a plausible deniability for when people will inevitably come for their heads when the con has to drop.

This reeks of desperation. It's pathetic and quite offensive to be honest.

They are very obviously just a couple of random shameless egomaniacs who won the indie lottery and got a PS5 devkit, then figured out Sony doesn't give a shit and they can do and say whatever they want. Their past games and catalogues are publicly accessible, their actions on the internet can be traced back for years, and they are clearly just some failed amateur developers. And yes Sony published (and occasionally also directly promoted) embarrassingly disgraceful shovelware before - Life of Black Tiger, The Unknown City, Flowers are Dead, all the Gilson B. Pontes games.

I want you all to understand that this developer has FOUR published games on the PS Store, at least one of which was advertised by Sony directly on their social media accounts:

If you keep ramming your fingers in your ears and screaming "NOOOO, I WANT TO BELIEVE!", at this point you deserve everything that is coming your way.

kyliethicc

They're REALLY going out of their way to get as much attention as possible. Every other thing they say or do is some oblique reference to Silent Hill or something that doesn't make any sense with them being a small indie studio. At the same time though, they are maintaining enough of a plausible deniability for when people will inevitably come for their heads when the con has to drop.

They are very obviously just a couple of random shameless egomaniacs who won the indie lottery and got a PS5 devkit, then figured out Sony doesn't give a shit and they can do and say whatever they want. Their past games and catalogues are publicly accessible, their actions on the internet can be traced back for years, and they are clearly just some failed amateur developers. And yes Sony published (and occasionally also directly promoted) embarrassingly disgraceful shovelware before - Life of Black Tiger, The Unknown City, Flowers are Dead, all the Gilson B. Pontes games.

I want you all to understand that this developer has FOUR published games on the PS Store, at least one of which was advertised by Sony directly on their social media accounts:

If you keep ramming your fingers in your ears and screaming "NOOOO, I WANT TO BELIEVE!", at this point you deserve everything that is coming your way.

e1Pa1UG.gif

MastaKiiLA

Sony dedicated a blog post and teaser trailer on their channel for any of those games you mentioned? Could an indie claim publicly that they'll have a dedicated PS5 app, and not lose their license? This is a shitposting thread, but your post is probably the hardest one to believe.

Silent Hill or not, Sony's own treatment of this dev is what lends credibility to the speculation. This is a far removed from a Black Tiger situation as you can get.

EDIT: To be more clear, not a preview for a game that will be published, but a teaser for an indie game that doesn't even have an official title yet. This is unusual, period.

Last edited:

tenor.gif

amc

If I was a betting man I'd certainly throw a tenner on this Blue Box actually being a collab between Bluepoint and Kojima for either a Silent Hill or Splinter Cell game.

Blue/point + Cardboard/Box = Blue Box

All bankrolled by Sony so makes sense of their playing along and giving such a venture airtime etc. Perhaps even with Sony buying an Abandoned ip from Konami.

Believe.

Last edited:

Thief1987

If I was a betting man I'd certainly throw a tenner on this Blue Box actually being a collab between Bluepoint and Kojima for either a Silent Hill or Splinter Cell game.

All bankrolled by Sony so makes sense of their playing along and giving such a venture airtime etc

Believe.
Splinter Cell?

jaysius

Banned

All bankrolled by Sony so makes sense of their playing along and giving such a venture airtime etc. Perhaps even with Sony buying an Abandoned ip from Konami.

Believe.
See this thread, there are probably many more like it online. This is the only work these devs are doing.

mud GIF

Last edited:

amc

Splinter Cell?
Oh yeah, I meant Syphon Filter. I was so caught up and shaky at my brainwave cracking the code I crossed the streams and fucked up.

Silent Hill it is then.

I'll hand in my gamer card on the way out.

Last edited:

GHG

From this point forward I declare that all non-believers shall be purged from this thread.

off with his head GIF

Vae_Victis

Banned
Sony dedicated a blog post and teaser trailer on their channel for any of those games you mentioned? Could an indie claim publicly that they'll have a dedicated PS5 app, and not lose their license? This is a shitposting thread, but your post is probably the hardest one to believe.

Silent Hill or not, Sony's own treatment of this dev is what lends credibility to the speculation. This is a far removed from a Black Tiger situation as you can get.
Some were mentioned on PlayStation Blog posts. I don't think any had one dedicated to them, but that's hardly relevant, since minor marketing strategy elements can change over the course of years.

A "Teaser trailer" is just a trailer like any other. Flowers are Dead had two trailers published, one was technically a teaser (the one I posted above) even though it wasn't called like that, and then had a separate gameplay trailer also posted on the official PlayStation YouTube channel.

I don't know what the deal with the app is, but I have no idea what are Sony's policies for third party apps to begin with. It's possible nobody ever did this for the simple reason that it's a supremely retarded idea, which forces you to own a PS5 and download a lot of data just to be able to see what could be published as a downloadable high bitrate video you can play anywhere.

All of this is irrelevant anyway. These people did not pop out from nowhere, they have a traceable history. Their YouTube channel was created in 2015. They attempted to publish a game in 2015 that failed hard on Kickstarter and was listed on steam and then cancelled. That would be one LONG con, probably much longer than any AAA game coming out in 2022 or beyond would have even been in pre-production.

The fact they seem to have an ecosystem of unknown studios around them to which they "pass development" of games, and now they are saying that 7 more studios are working on Abandoned, screams "scam" as loud as it possibly could. That is the type of shit Digital Homicide used to do to dilute their tracks and make it harder to realize all the shit they produced came from the same source.

Bit dramatic mate, people are just having fun.

I'm talking about people who genuinely believe this, not the shitposting. They know who they are.

Last edited:

SkylineRKR

What makes you think it’s a legit company or that anything released on Steam? Don’t forget the ‘developer’ it moved to isn’t an actual game developer.

They used to have something released on Steam under their own name IIRC. They've been registered in holland as a company since 2014 or so, registered with actual address and phone number based in the city of Leiden.

Their address though is not office space. Its a regular terraced house. There is another address listed which is in a small shopping street.

They added themselves in 2015. Perhaps Hideo or someone requested to use them as a mantle? But they are officially registered as a company.

Last edited:

GHG

All of this is irrelevant anyway. These people did not pop out from nowhere, they have a traceable history. Their YouTube channel was created in 2015. They attempted to publish a game in 2015 that failed hard on Kickstarter and was listed on steam and then cancelled. That would be one LONG con, probably much longer than any AAA game coming out in 2022 or beyond would have even been in pre-production.

I'm really sorry to do this but even the description in that kickstarter is triggering me:

"He thought that he saw it all, until he came across a haunted mansion hidden in High Hills Village."

breaking bad nothing GIF

SkylineRKR

By the way, that Kickstarted project, Rewind, is Abandoned. Chapter 1 of that game was supposed to be called that. That KS was pulled by the developer themselves because of private investors over 6 years ago. One of the stretch goals was Morpheus support, since PSVR wasn't even out yet.

So its possible that Sony picked up the idea and is doing some weird shit with it.

Last edited:
I just can't buy it. These guys are just crap devs. The trailer for abandoned was horrible, and not in an interesting way.
This isn't Silent Hill, these devs are just leeches for free press.

Seroquel

A game about dealing with the emotional stress caused by fear of abandonment. You have to take the antipsychotics called seroquel to calm yourself and to fight insomnia while dealing with the emotional challenges of living with the constant fear of being abandoned.

ZoukGalaxy

Gold Member
Apparently, this game (which is NOT silent hill) was an old Kickstarter project canceled in April 2015 and funded by a "private investor":

And "Abandoned" is the first chapter.

That would not the first time that an Sony push an indie like this (No Man's Sky).

Last edited:

MastaKiiLA

Some were mentioned on PlayStation Blog posts. I don't think any had one dedicated to them, but that's hardly relevant, since minor marketing strategy elements can change over the course of years.
Taken in totality, this is not a minor marketing strategy. And the probability that this strategy changed for this one no-name game from an indie dev, and none others before or since, is as far-fetched as any of the theories in this thread. We're talking about many iterations of the same thing, only for a game from a company with no portfolio, no name on the game, and a teaser that shows visuals beyond anything we've seen from an indie so far is the game where they switch things up? Nah playah!
A "Teaser trailer" is just a trailer like any other. Flowers are Dead had two trailers published, one was technically a teaser (the one I posted above) even though it wasn't called like that, and then had a separate gameplay trailer also posted on the official PlayStation YouTube channel.
Teasers aren't like any other trailer. You tease something you expect to be big, something you expect gamers to have interest in. You don't tease Solar Ash. You don't tease Black Tiger. You tease Ragnarok. You tease Starfield. You tease...whatever the fuck this ends up being. This isn't a teaser from an art house film studio. This is a teaser from the leader in video games. They have so many games they can tease, that they know gamers are thirsty for. Why this one?
I don't know what the deal with the app is, but I have no idea what are Sony's policies for third party apps to begin with. It's possible nobody ever did this for the simple reason that it's a supremely retarded idea, which forces you to own a PS5 and download a lot of data just to be able to see what could be published as a downloadable high bitrate video you can play anywhere.
PT as a teaser of sorts, as it wasn't a demo of a complete game. It was a tease of a concept Kojima had. An app dedicated to a game is unprecedented, and you don't do unprecedented things as a marketing-focused company, because it's a dumb idea. No offense, but I think you'd agree that you're straining to explain that one away.
The KS is the only thing tied to their name, with the Steam listing listed under the rather odd SneakyWarrior label. You know who's a sneaky warrior? Solid Snake. Ze plot zickens.
The fact they seem to have an ecosystem of unknown studios around them to which they "pass development" of games, and now they are saying that 7 more studios are working on Abandoned, screams "scam" as loud as it possibly could. That is the type of shit Digital Homicide used to do to dilute their tracks and make it harder to realize all the shit they produced came from the same source.
You figured this out, but Sony with decades of experience working with indie devs couldn't sniff out a scam, despite having more access to the dev than any of us? Nah playah!

It's a fun distraction after E3. I would dismiss this like I did all other Silent Hill rumors were it not for Sony's behavior. It's legitimately strange. They're working on something for the PS5 for sure, as the tease is on the official Sony YT and blog. So them broadcasting that there will be a PS5 app available for download, coinciding with the reveal of the game means they're telling the truth, or endangering their license. The list of PS5 apps are all companies people have heard of. There are streaming apps that are popular, but don't even have a PS5 app. Blue Box will be the first no-name app on the list. That just doesn't make any sense for an indie with no portfolio to get that kind of treatment. It's highly unconventional.

Last edited:

Toots

Gold Member
Do you guys think Hasan Kahraman is a made up name like Joakim Mogren, or is it real?
There's a Hasan Kahraman in France he has 3 business in the construction sector with his two sons:

It doesn't amount to anything until you check his contracts and you see he was commissioned by a certain "George Sears" to build........ a METAL GEAR

SJRB

Gold Member
Apparently, this game (which is NOT silent hill) was an old Kickstarter project canceled in April 2015 and funded by a "private investor":

And "Abandoned" is the first chapter.

That would not the first time that an Sony push an indie like this (No Man's Sky).

Straight up Pyramid Head in that screenshot.

There's a Hasan Kahraman in France he has 3 business in the construction sector with his two sons:

It doesn't amount to anything until you check his contracts and you see he was commissioned by a certain "George Sears" to build........ a METAL GEAR
METAL GEAR!?

I think there are a lot of signs that it is Kojima. Of course Microsoft fans will not believe it because they still think Microsoft has an exclusivity deal with Kojima. They will never give up and even if Kojima announces a new PS project they will argue that this game was too long in development already and the next one will be exclusive to Microsoft…

Top Bottom