• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

S______L for PS5 to be revealed soon (The dedicated blueballs/Kojima 'conspiracy' thread)

Is this new Silent Hill real or fake?

• Real

Votes: 330 44.6%
  • Fake

Votes: 410 55.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
My main indicator is the severity of the consequences for Sony themselves not killing the rumor right there. Letting the speculation run wild like this would absolutely blow up in their faces
It's mostly just a bit of fun speculation from a few hundred/maybe a few thousand nerds on the internet.

I'm not convinced Sony would even notice; if they have.. the dev has posted an adamant denial, so not sure what else they'd do?

platina

I remember way back when Kojima said he purposely dumbed down the graphics for pt in order to “make it look more indie” and that the final game would look much better. Kinda what Blue Box studios is doing.

Although I can’t imagine abandoned looking much better than what it already does, at 4K 60fps which is what they’re targeting. Photogrammetry is such a wonderful magic.

Last edited:

Shut0wen

Never played silent hill before so dont care how this turns out either way lol.

But for those who know, how popular was silent hill back in the days?? Is it on the same level of hype/nostalgia as lets say ffvii?
Kinda at the time it sold not to bad but i think sales decreased after every installment but at the time it was probably way more scarier then resident evil but the combat kinda sucks on all the games (it was never combat oriented) ive played afew of them and at the time they were great but they havnt aged well imo

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Well I'll go with option 3:

Indie dev joins the PS5 indie partner program, makes a cool video, says it's for a PS5 exclusive.. and gets the same treatment other indie devs get... a blog post, and their video on Sony's channel.

I like how yesterday it was "we all know it's nothing, we are just having fun, why are you ruining it?" It was obvious to me you all take this seriously lol

I only believe it because Kojima did it to us before and it "FELT" the exact same as this. It was a CRAZY time back then.

SaucyJack

Here you guys can download some of their CEO's shit ass asset flip games:

sK8Qg3y.png

One of those apps offers PT programmes 😉

bitbydeath

Gold Member
You are just ignoring what I'm saying.. how is Blue Box Studios anything like Moby Dick Games? The former is a real thing.. with real (shit) projects released in some form.. with a real kickstarter that failed.. creating a kick starter under a false name would be pretty fucked up.. fraudulent really.
You sound determined that it was real even though it could have been easily faked since nothing of substance came out from it.

BUT!

Can you explain why that project has since been shipped off to a company that has nothing at all to do with games?

Terenty

I've seen this kind of behaviour on the Death Stranding subreddit leading up to the release.

Particularly one user there was coming up with all kind of stretches and theories (not unlike what i'm seeing here) about Death Stranding being secretly PT and Silent Hills.

Of course everyone else was making fun of him back then. But I didn't know there's a whole army of such crazies on here

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I've seen this kind of behaviour on the Death Stranding subreddit leading up to the release.

Particularly one user there was coming up with all kind of stretches and theories (not unlike what i'm seeing here) about Death Stranding being secretly PT and Silent Hills.

Of course everyone else was making fun of him back then. But I didn't know there's a whole army of such crazies on here
nobody cares bfd GIF

I like Kojima games but some of you hold him in this stupid high regard as if he is some tough shit. He had massive fallout with Konami. Even if he sucked 20 corporate cocks they wouldn't let him have MGS franchise back, let alone Silent Hill. Kojima aint taking back shit.

jaysius

Banned
This is the project here, worthless hype about something that's going to suck. What a waste of data on this nonsense.

//DEVIL//

No. its just a horrible game with horrible frame rate and animation.

Also... not that it matters because its not.. both pics in the OP are not even the same.

tommib

Gold Member
Did you even see the video ? At one point it was about the same speed of a power point presentation .
Maybe 240p upscaled to 4k

would probably explain why the image is all white and black... colors are gone from stretching the image
All of that video was trolling, my dude.

Never played silent hill before so dont care how this turns out either way lol.

But for those who know, how popular was silent hill back in the days?? Is it on the same level of hype/nostalgia as lets say ffvii?
Only the first game did very well, most Silent Hill games can't sell more than a couple hundred thousand copies. I think first game was a right place right time moment, but the series was never as big as it's reputation makes it seem.

Dr Bass

Only the first game did very well, most Silent Hill games can't sell more than a couple hundred thousand copies. I think first game was a right place right time moment, but the series was never as big as it's reputation makes it seem.
Yeah but Silent Hill 2 has to be one of the best games ever made IMO. One of the only games I've ever played that was basically a character study. I think the series started dropping off a bit after that, and rightfully so but ... it has a reputation for a reason.

From what I can see from the previews and hints ...

This is either going to be Silent Hill or something really bad. That preview ... is bad.

dcmk7

Banned
I'm just about ready to believe this now..

..what kind of nobody studio suddenly gets a dedicated app, for image and gameplay reveals.

I'm assuming they haven't been on a hiring drive, since no one seems to exist.

As well as the Joy Division artwork.

All super weird. Weird normally leads to Kojima.

platina

Did you even see the video ? At one point it was about the same speed of a power point presentation .
Maybe 240p upscaled to 4k

would probably explain why the image is all white and black... colors are gone from stretching the image
The images in the ps blog seem to be from a more updated build than the trailer, also has correct gamma.

51098888776_0998d1286d_o.jpg

51098969474_377e5a9481_h.jpg

The visual gulf between this and The Haunting is hilarious

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
zqBORxE.jpg

Googled God's Town and Silent Hill and this is what I got.

God is the mysterious sun goddess worshiped among many members of the Order and has played a significantly antagonistic role throughout the Silent Hill series. She is often mentioned in the games revolving around religion, rather than games such as Silent Hill 2 and Silent Hill: Downpour.

She may be responsible for giving Alessa Gillespie her supernatural powers, as well as watching over the town of Silent Hill, Maine and influencing the area with supernatural properties, however, it is a mystery to how far God's role extends, and if She truly exists. James Sunderland in Silent Hill 2 mentions that the old gods of the town have not left the place and they still grant power to those who venerate them. It is unclear if he is including the Order's central deity as well.

Top Bottom