• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

S______L for PS5 to be revealed soon (The dedicated blueballs/Kojima 'conspiracy' thread)

Is this new Silent Hill real or fake?

• Real

Votes: 330 44.6%
  • Fake

Votes: 410 55.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Faithless83

Banned
Because they are "creating a PS5 exclusive", and made a video for it and got Sony to put it on their channels.. and Geoff put that video on some presentation he was hosting. There isn't exactly a ton of vetting going on when it comes to Sony and indie games.. or really anyone in the media and indie games.. lol

People thought the video looked really cool.. probably why Sony put it on their social media, that's also why people on the internet got excited...

That's a far more likely scenario than a 7 year long con from Kojima releasing terrible asset flip "games" on the internet under an assumed name that actually tracks to a real person in the Netherlands.
If he had the opportunity to recreate the PT situation (unknown dev, weird demo that no one was able to crack for days and made the internet gather in order to crack it), do you truly believe he wouldn't do it?

I don't know about you, but it was one of my best memories in gaming ever and I've been gaming since the late 80's.

Anything like what was done in the past would be quickly debunked (as we are going through right now, researching the hell out of this), so it needed to be something with at least some credibility.

How many "place holders" devs do you think were created by the time PT got out? Just one? The idea worked a lot better than most expected, the hype was real for it.

Kojima loves to troll us and that would be a nice trolling indeed.

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Because they are "creating a PS5 exclusive", and made a video for it and got Sony to put it on their channels.. and Geoff put that video on some presentation he was hosting. There isn't exactly a ton of vetting going on when it comes to Sony and indie games.. or really anyone in the media and indie games.. lol

People thought the video looked really cool.. probably why Sony put it on their social media, that's also why people on the internet got excited...

That's a far more likely scenario than a 7 year long con from Kojima releasing terrible asset flip "games" on the internet under an assumed name that actually tracks to a real person in the Netherlands.

So explain Moby Dick Studios........

Red-Town

So you people REALLY want to be disappointed...
page what do you mean GIF

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
If he had the opportunity to recreate the PT situation (unknown dev, weird demo that no one was able to crack for days and made the internet gather in order to crack it), do you truly believe he wouldn't do it?

I don't know about you, but it was one of my best memories in gaming ever and I've been gaming since the late 80's.

Anything like what was done in the past would be quickly debunked (as we are going through right now, researching the hell out of this), so it needed to be something with at least some credibility.

How many "place holders" devs do you think were created by the time PT got out? Just one? The idea worked a lot better than most expected, the hype was real for it.

Kojima loves to troll us and that would be a nice trolling indeed.
Wait until people find out how movie studios set up so many production LLCs and fake names per each individual film.

The failed kickstarter is obviously real, and from 2015..

Click the "See more" under Blue Box Studios description and you'll even see Hasan Kahraman listed as the creator of the company.

The game on Steam was definitely available for purchase in April, there are even reviews.. it appears to have been pulled.. but it was there. Even though they changed the company name to "CREATEQ" all the other info still says to email blue box studios. Steam link, Look at the reviews and how they have "hours played."

One of the games also released on Android, and has a 1 star rating. Not sure if that's still available for download, but obviously at least was.

It's all real stuff, just not finished projects.. and it's all kind of crap, indicative of what a dev trying their hand at video games would do, same with the iOS games under that guy's name. None of it particularly strange... even the pulling of the game that apparently barely worked on Steam.. sounds like exactly what some indie dev would do when they got some attention for a "PS5 exclusive"... that honestly, is probably just someone fucking around in UE4. Sony doesn't exactly heavily vet what they promote these days lol.. never really have on social media.

And the video WAS cool that they created.. however it's also not particularly difficult to do in UE4... and there are loads of free assets out there to use.

I'm not particularly passionate about silent hill in of itself, outside of PT which was one of the best gaming experiences I ever had, I'm not a fan of horror games at all. I think I put maybe 2h into the old silent hill ps1 and didn't really get much into it.
So i'm not coming at this based on any hopes and dreams or love for the franchise.
If this team actually released something on steam that amounts to vaporware, either a) they managed to scam the largest videogame corporation in the world while cockteasing their fanbase way too hard or b) this is all done as part of a calculated tease by someone that gets all kind of leeway to pull crazy shit (like Kojima) anytime they want.

The reason why I fully believe this to be the real deal, Sony would have everything to lose, nothing to gain by signing off on such a marketing campaign. And you bet your ass Sony had to sign up on it if a bunch of actual nobodies are advertising their game as a PS5 exclusive and generating this sort of expectations.

Add to that the recent trailer by Kojima and to me that seals the deal. I honestly believe they got IP rights to work on the Konami toybox and Blue Box will end up being a sort of Blue Point relationship, if not outright Kojima Productions themselves.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Sony isn't going to have a blog post for some obscure failure with no actual game to show.
There has to be something more to this, especially knowing how these pitches work and the like behind closed doors. There wasn't even an early access to go off of on Steam like they normally do with these types of things.

Either it's part of some major viral marketing ARG we are in, or they legit have something they showed Sony behind closed doors for a dedicated blog post and a good amount of hype articles by websites right after.

Sony's blog is full of posts from indie devs, who write up their own blog posts (just like Hasan did here).

This "there has to be something more" logic is just flawed to me. Sony also posts total shit games to their YouTube channel. Their social media is not heavily vetting games.

What "pitch" do you imagine an indie dev needs to do for Sony? You fill out a form on partner.playstation.com, you can get lent a dev kit... or you can just create a game on PC and eventually get a dev kit for testing.. when you have an actual game to test.

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Sony's blog is full of posts from indie devs, who write up their own blog posts (just like Hasan did here).

This "there has to be something more" logic is just flawed to me. Sony also posts total shit games to their YouTube channel. Their social media is not heavily vetting games.

What "pitch" do you imagine an indie dev needs to do for Sony? You fill out a form on partner.playstation.com, you can get lent a dev kit... or you can just create a game on PC and eventually get a dev kit for testing.. when you have an actual game to test.

You still haven't explain Moby Dick Studios though.

IntentionalPun

You are just ignoring what I'm saying.. how is Blue Box Studios anything like Moby Dick Games? The former is a real thing.. with real (shit) projects released in some form.. with a real kickstarter that failed.. creating a kick starter under a false name would be pretty fucked up.. fraudulent really.

IntentionalPun

You still haven't explain Moby Dick Studios though.
You explain how it relates... not sure what you want from me here. A fake studio created briefly that was found out quickly for a joke is the same as a company that has been releasing shitty projects for 7 years? Under a name that is a real person who lives in the Netherlands?

MastaKiiLA

It's a collection of things. For me, the PS5 app is the strangest piece of evidence that doesn't get explained away as normal behavior. I don't believe for an instant that this is something any indie gets permission to do, or a bunch of indies would want to do it since the cost/benefit math would make it an easy win for promoting their game. It would make the app store basically a direct marketing channel for all PS5 devs. Companies both big and small would want to have their own app. Don't you find that more than a little strange?

Papacheeks

Banned
You explain how it relates... not sure what you want from me here. A fake studio created briefly that was found out quickly for a joke is the same as a company that has been releasing shitty projects for 7 years? Under a name that is a real person who lives in the Netherlands?

Their site has been down since the tweet went live? Why is it still saying preparing? They are getting ready for a reveal.

also copy right was updated © 2021 BLUE BOX Game Studios

This shit is fake.

EDIT: Also they liked Moby Dick Studios?

So something is going on.

Last edited:

Faithless83

Banned
You are just ignoring what I'm saying.. how is Blue Box Studios anything like Moby Dick Games? The former is a real thing.. with real (shit) projects released in some form.. with a real kickstarter that failed.. creating a kick starter under a false name would be pretty fucked up.. fraudulent really.
No I'm not ignoring what you're saying at all. 8 backers on that kickstarter. I think I could gather more friends to back me up. lol
It could be pretty much part of the plan all along to add credibility to this and throw us off.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

And 99.9% of them have a game to actually show, and/or are already on Steam in early access.

Them allowing an Indy dev to show their "studio launch video" is rather odd. Sony isn't going to allow someone to get a platform without even showing Sony a working game, even in alpha, let alone a "developer announce video" they are now claiming, unless Sony is backing them somehow, someway.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

It's a collection of things. For me, the PS5 app is the strangest piece of evidence that doesn't get explained away as normal behavior. I don't believe for an instant that this is something any indie gets permission to do, or a bunch of indies would want to do it since the cost/benefit math would make it an easy win for promoting their game. It would make the app store basically a direct marketing channel for all PS5 devs. Companies both big and small would want to have their own app. Don't you find that more than a little strange?
It's not remotely strange... Sony has a program to let indie's do things for Playstation that normally cost other devs lots of money. They lend out dev kits for free, wave other fees... not even sure what your saying here about "making the app store a direct marketing channel for all PS5 devs"... I mean.. of course it is? lol Anyone can create a demo if they want...

This all can be done by filling out some forms on a web site..

IntentionalPun

And 99.9% of them have a game to actually show, and/or are already on Steam in early access.

Them allowing an Indy dev to show their "studio launch video" is rather odd. Sony isn't going to allow someone to get a platform without even showing Sony a working game, even in alpha, let alone a "developer announce video" they are now claiming, unless Sony is backing them somehow, someway.
So explain the 7 year history of asset flip garbage.. the real person's name..

Explain the actual theory here... did Kojima contact this person with a real history of asset flip garbage? Did Kojima release asset flip garbage for 7 years as a misdirection?

It makes way more sense to me that an indie dev managed to make a compelling video, and get a bit of promo from Sony because they said they are making a PS5 exclusive game... than this being Kojima. There has been a pandemic going on afterall.. nobody has been doing anything in person.. it's all videos being sent around.

Last edited:
The approval process for such apps can't be easy. There's all sorts of QA and support implications to release an app on a console. Not even sure how some 3 people and a dog indi studio would know how to begin designing an app for a ps5 OS :)
It reeks of kojima troll way too much. Sony wouldn't be allowing such discussion unless they are in on it.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
So explain the 7 year history of asset flip garbage.. the real person's name..

Explain the actual theory here... did Kojima contact this person with a real history of asset flip garbage? Did Kojima release asset flip garbage for 7 years as a misdirection?
Your comprehension is total shit sometimes. I swear. I already explained the either, or,
Sony isn't going to have a blog post for some obscure failure with no actual game to show.
There has to be something more to this, especially knowing how these pitches work and the like behind closed doors. There wasn't even an early access to go off of on Steam like they normally do with these types of things.

Either it's part of some major viral marketing ARG we are in, or they legit have something they showed Sony behind closed doors for a dedicated blog post and a good amount of hype articles by websites right after.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Your comprehension is total shit sometimes. I swear.

Well I'll go with option 3:

Indie dev joins the PS5 indie partner program, makes a cool video, says it's for a PS5 exclusive.. and gets the same treatment other indie devs get... a blog post, and their video on Sony's channel.

I like how yesterday it was "we all know it's nothing, we are just having fun, why are you ruining it?" It was obvious to me you all take this seriously lol

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Well I'll go with option 3:

Indie dev joins the PS5 indie partner program, makes a cool video, says it's for a PS5 exclusive.. and gets the same treatment other indie devs get... a blog post, and their video on Sony's channel.
That's not have any of that works, nor is it close to being as easy as you make it out to be :pie_roffles:

And what you said still falls under option 2.

Option 3 would be the most epic troll of all time by some 4Chan-like peeps to trick Sony into doing this based off nothing but UE assets.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

The approval process for such apps can't be easy. There's all sorts of QA and support implications to release an app on a console. Not even sure how some 3 people and a dog indi studio would know how to begin designing an app for a ps5 OS :)

You download Unreal Engine 4 and use their PS5 tools that are over a year old... can build for PS5, even has hooks for PSN, etc.

Just throwing another theory out there: Kojima decided to approach a number of shit failed shovelware indie studios in order to try to buy their company in return for a PlayStation 5 console so that he could use them as a front for his new Silent Hill game in partnership with Sony. The PS5 was hand delivered by Hermen, since the studio turned out to be Dutch. Thoughts?

IntentionalPun

That's not have any of that works, nor is it close to being as easy as you make it out to be :pie_roffles:

It absolutely is. Go here:

Fill out form.. maybe pay some fees, maybe not.. if you are a small indie.. since the beginning of PS4 Sony has famously courted Indies, waved their fees.

Create any old garbage... get some promo by Sony, like this gem:

Made by a shit dev who has a bunch of asset flip garbage out there... sound familar?

You only need a dev kit to do actual testing.. you get lent one near the end of your development.. since the rest is done on PC.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
It absolutely is. Go here:

Fill out form.. maybe pay some fees, maybe not.. if you are a small indie.. since the beginning of PS4 Sony has famously courted Indies, waved their fees.

Create any old garbage... get some promo by Sony, like this gem:

You only need a dev kit to do actual testing.. you get lent one near the end of your development.. since the rest is done on PC.

Life of Black Tiger was an already working game on mobile 3 years prior. It was a port. Again, an already working game or prototype, not a dedicated blog post based on some new studio with nothing to their portfolio.

Why is this so hard for you to follow? We do this every time you dig your feet in. I give up. You win at the internet for today.

Last edited:

Cre8

You want a shot at the champ? [NG gif winner July 23]
Add to that the recent trailer by Kojima and to me that seals the deal. I honestly believe they got IP rights to work on the Konami toybox and Blue Box will end up being a sort of Blue Point relationship, if not outright Kojima Productions themselves.

A person or thing being Abandoned becomes Fragile
when a person or thing becomes fragile, you needs to Handled with Love.

Silent Hill has been abandoned by Konami and now being ends up within the Blue Box (Sony) and being taken care of with love.

MastaKiiLA

It's not remotely strange... Sony has a program to let indie's do things for Playstation that normally cost other devs lots of money. They lend out dev kits for free, wave other fees... not even sure what your saying here about "making the app store a direct marketing channel for all PS5 devs"... I mean.. of course it is? lol Anyone can create a demo if they want...

This all can be done by filling out some forms on a web site..
If it was as simple as filling out some forms on a web site, more devs would do it. This is blatantly obvious when you look at the heap of shovelware that Android still has on its app store. And even that process is a bit more involved than filling out some forms. I think you're oversimplifying things a lot.

Anyway, I'm throwing all my chips in on this one. It's going to be a glorious outcome, one way or another. This is one of those no stakes commitments that's worth riding. I want to be part of the crowd that believed, because there's nothing like having wild hype pay off.

IntentionalPun

Life of Black Tiger was an already working game on mobile 3 years prior. It was a port. Again, an already working game or prototype, not a dedicated blog post based on some new studio with nothing to their portfolio.

Why is this so hard for you to follow? We do this every time you dig your feet in. I give up. You win at the internet for today.
And Blue Box Game Studios had an early access game up on Steam...

I'm responding to your posts with logic... if you want to call that "digging my feet in" so be it lol

IntentionalPun

If it was as simple as filling out some forms on a web site, more devs would do it. This is blatantly obvious when you look at the heap of shovelware that Android still has on its app store. And even that process is a bit more involved than filling out some forms. I think you're oversimplifying things a lot.

Anyway, I'm throwing all my chips in on this one. It's going to be a glorious outcome, one way or another. This is one of those no stakes commitments that's worth riding. I want to be part of the crowd that believed, because there's nothing like having wild hype pay off.

And people are way over-complicating it.. talking about "Deals" with Sony... talking like Sony has done something special for this other than put a video up, and let them write a blog post.. and maybe approve some demo we haven't actually seen yet.

PS4 has tons of shovelware... I'm not trying to oversimplify anything.. the bar for entry into releasing content on Playstation is not particularly high... likely not everyone who submits gets in, but there's tons of evidence of 2-bit asset flip indie devs getting in.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
And Blue Box Game Studios had an early access game up on Steam...

I'm responding to your posts with logic... if you want to call that "digging my feet in" so be it lol
Again, context and nuance are lost. Is that early access game the one they announced on the PS.blog? I laid out the 3 options, which you agreed with a couple of them, yet you still are finding ways to argue.

I am telling you, they would not get a dedicated Sony blog post unless Sony has seen some shit behind closed doors or are involved in some shape or form. I will stick to that.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Apps? I don't mean games. Apps, like netflix or smth.
Not many companies are actually able to release apps there if you notice.
PS5 doesn't even have that concept.. it has things under "Media", everything else is under games. There is no possible way this dinky game's demo is showing up under "media" lol

MastaKiiLA

And people are way over-complicating it.. talking about "Deals" with Sony... talking like Sony has done something special for this other than put a video up, and let them write a blog post.. and maybe approve some demo we haven't actually seen yet.
But that's how this is supposed to work.
300px-Pepe_Silvia.jpg

If you're coming here expecting grounded expectations and rationality, I'm afraid you clicked on the wrong thread. The OP almost literally spelled it out in the thread title. This was going to be a hive of lunacy. Just embrace it. Let it wash over you. You know you want to believe too.

IntentionalPun

Again, context and nuance are lost. Is that early access game the one they announced on the PS.blog? I laid out the 3 options, which you agreed with a couple of them, yet you still are finding ways to argue.

I am telling you, they would not get a dedicated Sony blog post unless Sony has seen some shit behind closed doors or are involved in some shape or form. I will stick to that.
Most games Sony promotes do not have an old version of them out there... why you think that's some bar that needs to be met is just bizarre.. Sony promotes "new" games all the time.. hell they love anything they can call exclusive.

You really think the existence of this garbage mobile game: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/life-of-black-tiger-free/id905185377

Is what got Sony to promote the garbage PS4 game?

I doubt that.. I just think Sony posts just about anything from indie developers... anyone actually making software for them, seems to get videos on their channel... likely now can write a blog post if they are willing to write one up.

Why you think it requires something "behind closed doors" is just beyond me... all they've done is post a video and let a blog post go. That's really it...

IntentionalPun

But that's how this is supposed to work.
300px-Pepe_Silvia.jpg

If you're coming here expecting grounded expectations and rationality, I'm afraid you clicked on the wrong thread. The OP almost literally spelled it out in the thread title. This was going to be a hive of lunacy. Just embrace it. Let it wash over you. You know you want to believe too.
You guys keep falling back to this when it's clear some people are taking it seriously lol

I am a very serious man either way, and completely sane. The voices in my head will tell you the same.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Two options

One. This is and always has been a Silent Hill tease, but the team behind it fucked up by basically giving it away too early, so now they're trying to backtrack out of it.

Or

This really is a new dev team making a new horror game, but made a dumb mistake by hinting Silent Hill to gain attention, which they now know will backfire horribly.

I'm going for "it's Silent Hill". I've said from the start that this is all elaborate Silent Hill tease. I'm sticking by my guns on this one.

Top Bottom