• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

S______L for PS5 to be revealed soon (The dedicated blueballs/Kojima 'conspiracy' thread)

Is this new Silent Hill real or fake?

• Real

Votes: 330 44.6%
  • Fake

Votes: 410 55.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SaucyJack

Most games Sony promotes do not have an old version of them out there... why you think that's some bar that needs to be met is just bizarre.. Sony promotes "new" games all the time.. hell they love anything they can call exclusive.

You really think the existence of this garbage mobile game: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/life-of-black-tiger-free/id905185377

Is what got Sony to promote the garbage PS4 game?

I doubt that.. I just think Sony posts just about anything from indie developers... anyone actually making software for them, seems to get videos on their channel... likely now can write a blog post if they are willing to write one up.

Why you think it requires something "behind closed doors" is just beyond me... all they've done is post a video and let a blog post go. That's really it...

Its definitely true that Sony went through a phase of letting any old shite with a trailer be promoted through the official PlayStation YouTube channel. It’s not exactly active promotion but having it on the official channel is kinda tacit approval. This also seemed to be primarily a 2016/17 thing.

I don’t see any evidence that Sony was actively promoting these games then and certainly are not doing so now. I also don’t see any evidence for your suggestion that just anyone can write a blog post and get it published.

skit_data

What’s going on with this? Can someone brief me on this?

Is it Silent Hill or is it just some shameless trolling from the devs?

edit: wrong thread

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Its definitely true that Sony went through a phase of letting any old shite with a trailer be promoted through the official PlayStation YouTube channel. It’s not exactly active promotion but having it on the official channel is kinda tacit approval. This also seemed to be primarily a 2016/17 thing.

I don’t see any evidence that Sony was actively promoting these games then and certainly are not doing so now. I also don’t see any evidence for your suggestion that just anyone can write a blog post and get it published.
They aren't actively promoting Abandoned are they?

And I see evidence they let just anyone (in their partner program) write a blog post and get it published.

Asset flip developer Hasan Kahraman did.

sojuwarrior

Never played silent hill before so dont care how this turns out either way lol.

But for those who know, how popular was silent hill back in the days?? Is it on the same level of hype/nostalgia as lets say ffvii?

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Hasandeo Kahramanjima did.
200.gif

Faithless83

Banned
Never played silent hill before so dont care how this turns out either way lol.

But for those who know, how popular was silent hill back in the days?? Is it on the same level of hype/nostalgia as lets say ffvii?
There was Resident Evil and Silent Hill back then, that's was it.
The later way more focused in horror and rituals.

So yeah, pretty high hype/nostalgia for it.

Last edited:

Faithless83

Banned
I did run the name through some anagram finders and couldn't come up with shit.

I WANT TO BELEIVE

(i just don't)

I will give this thread a reprieve from my serious logic-ing for 24 hours though, my fun ruining is getting old.
If this turns out to be true, be prepared for a shitload of "I told you so" lol

IntentionalPun

I have no problem being called out, but I believe that even you would rather be wrong on this one.

I'd much rather have a cool big budget game available for me to buy on PS5 than the asset flip garbage I'm expecting for sure lol (if this game ever even releases)

Last edited:

Kdad

This thread is one post "it's kojima and silent hill i bet my dick on it", and the next one : "no way in hell its kojima i 'd cut my balls if im wrong"

I mean there's money to be made with such burning conviction...

Neogaf Bets has a nice ring to it.

I wonder what an enthralling fellow such as Evilore thinks about it?
Back in the day there was an online stock exchange game that was based on games, such as HSX which is based on movies. The site is still up but it isn't active https://www.thesimexchange.com/

Kdad

"He's done this before" doesn't really work since Blue Box Games isn't some fake company.. it's existed since 2015.. it's just a no-name indie dev, so there's not much out there.. they've never really successfully launched anything outside of Android (1 star reviews, asset flip disaster), or an early access Steam game that was eventually pulled (another asset flip disaster). But they exist.
Just curious....why do you think HK couldn't/didn't just pay a bit of money for the name and history to a developer that isn't going anywhere so that he could use it in this ruse? I it is a failed real company, can't imagine it cost much to buy the name and therefore, history.

IntentionalPun

Just curious....why do you think HK couldn't/didn't just pay a bit of money for the name and history to a developer that isn't going anywhere so that he could use it in this ruse? I it is a failed real company, can't imagine it cost much to buy the name and therefore, history.
I asked a few times if that's what people were theorizing but nobody really responded.

It seems legit tho.

Dr Kaneda

It does seem strange that Sony would give such a notable spotlight to a game and developer like this.

If it's as low as effort and it seems to be does that mean me and a couple of mates could do the same thing and get Sony to give us this much exposure? Doesn't seem like it takes any skill at all to asset flip so anyone could do it. And get a PS5 dev kit from Sony to boot as well. Is that really how it works?

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I asked a few times if that's what people were theorizing but nobody really responded.

It seems legit tho.
I think people were afraid to entertain, but yeah, that is plausible. The Blue Box thing is too on the nose though, IMO. In so many ways to be "coincidence." But if it all ends up being just one big melting pot of coincidences, then this simulation or timeline we are living in doesn't disappoint.

Last edited:

TidusYuna

Sauce: https://www.videogameschronicle.com...collaborating-with-a-famous-creator-in-japan/

Keiichiro Toyama (Creator of Silent Hill, Siren, and Gravity Rush) - “One thing we can say is that, we are working hard right now to collaborate with a famous creator in Japan, and that’s something we haven’t been open about before."​

And Silent Hill composer Akira Yamaoka teased that his next game project is “the one you’ve been hoping to hear about” in a new video interview, which was eventually taken offline. Silent Hill publisher Konami later told VGC it did not request the removal of Yamaoka’s video interview.

Is the famous creator that Toyama referring to Hideo Kojima and is the game they are collaborating on Silent Hill? It makes sense that if Hideo Kojima is working on a Silent Hill game, he would be collaborating Keiichiro Toyama. Silent Hill is Toyama's creation after all. If anyone knows what it is like to have leave the IP they created behind or have your name removed from your work, its both Hideo Kojima and Keiichiro Toyama, both left their creations with Konami. So if Kojima is working on a Silent Hills, this is great news not only Silent Hill, but it is renewed hope for a possibility of Gravity Rush 3.

Remember, Kojima Studios made Death Stranding as a Sony Exclusive but they are still an Independent developer. They are not owned by Sony and when SIE Japan was shut down some were absorbed by Team Asobi but some left with Keiichiro Toyama and formed Bokeh Game Studios. Remember the rumor from last year that Sony wanted to buy Konami's IPs. Yongyea has rumor sources in the video description.

4H7j5EY.png

Lets say it happened, lets say Sony now owns Konami Ips (Silent Hill, Metal Gear Solid, Castlevania, and hopefully Suikoden) and Kojima Studios is collaborating with Bokeh Game Studios/Keiichiro Toyama to make Silent Hills. Then essentially, Sony is lending out their IPs to independent developers. & When you think about it like that, it opens up the possibilities. They can still make a deal with Bokeh Game Studios/Keichiro Toyama to make a Gravity Rush 3 as well. So hopefully they do own the Konami IPs and Kojima Studios/Bokeh Game Studios are working on Silent Hill currently, Kojima Studios is working on Metal Gear Remake next, From Software is working on Castlevania Souos, and Bokeh Game Studios can make Gravity Rush 3 in the Future. But maybe the Konami IPs aren't the only IPs being revived. Maybe some of Sony's other dormant IPs are currently being revived by independent developers in the same way Demon Souls was with Blue Point.

tenor.gif

Last edited:
PS5 doesn't even have that concept.. it has things under "Media", everything else is under games. There is no possible way this dinky game's demo is showing up under "media" lol
Nah, I think you're stretching it a bit tbh. You said it yourself, they are (if they even are) some rinky dink 2 bit developer team. No way in hell Sony gives them all this access while they openly tease a Silent Hill fanbase like this.
There would be a mob with pitchforks and they know it. It's one of the cases you have to take silence as at least very suspicious.

Btw, find me any nobody dev teasing a next gen exclusive anywhere to this degree and have a post on the PS Blog.

No, life of black tiger doesn't count, unless they have a misterious twitter account teasing shit like "can't wait for you to play our stealth game, you'll find it very solid (wink wink)"

I get you're trying to be on the skeptic side, maybe overly so. Like I said earlier on, I don't really care about this IP enough to be disappointed if it turns to nothing. To me just all signs point one way.

Javthusiast

Banned
That reveal trailer looks nowhere near as polished as P.T. let alone Death Stranding and the decima engine in general.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Nah, I think you're stretching it a bit tbh. You said it yourself, they are (if they even are) some rinky dink 2 bit developer team. No way in hell Sony gives them all this access while they openly tease a Silent Hill fanbase like this.
There would be a mob with pitchforks and they know it. It's one of the cases you have to take silence as at least very suspicious.

Btw, find me any nobody dev teasing a next gen exclusive anywhere to this degree and have a post on the PS Blog.

No, life of black tiger doesn't count, unless they have a misterious twitter account teasing shit like "can't wait for you to play our stealth game, you'll find it very solid (wink wink)"

I get you're trying to be on the skeptic side, maybe overly so. Like I said earlier on, I don't really care about this IP enough to be disappointed if it turns to nothing. To me just all signs point one way.
I am refraining from any arguing for 24 hours my friend..and I will keep that promise... but I am curious.. how would you describe the "access" Sony has given? How does it differ from other indie devs?

Last edited:

Sauce: https://www.videogameschronicle.com...collaborating-with-a-famous-creator-in-japan/

Keiichiro Toyama (Creator of Silent Hill, Siren, and Gravity Rush) - “One thing we can say is that, we are working hard right now to collaborate with a famous creator in Japan, and that’s something we haven’t been open about before."​

And Silent Hill composer Akira Yamaoka teased that his next game project is “the one you’ve been hoping to hear about” in a new video interview, which was eventually taken offline. Silent Hill publisher Konami later told VGC it did not request the removal of Yamaoka’s video interview.

Is the famous creator that Toyama referring to Hideo Kojima and is the game they are collaborating on Silent Hill? It makes sense that if Hideo Kojima is working on a Silent Hill game, he would be collaborating Keiichiro Toyama. Silent Hill is Toyama's creation after all. If anyone knows what it is like to have leave the IP they created behind or have your name removed from your work, its both Hideo Kojima and Keiichiro Toyama, both left their creations with Konami. So if Kojima is working on a Silent Hills, this is great news not only Silent Hill, but it is renewed hope for a possibility of Gravity Rush 3.

Remember, Kojima Studios made Death Stranding as a Sony Exclusive but they are still an Independent developer. They are not owned by Sony and when SIE Japan was shut down some were absorbed by Team Asobi but some left with Keiichiro Toyama and formed Bokeh Game Studios. Remember the rumor from last year that Sony wanted to buy Konami's IPs. Yongyea has rumor sources in the video description.

4H7j5EY.png

Lets say it happened, lets say Sony now owns Konami Ips (Silent Hill, Metal Gear Solid, Castlevania, and hopefully Suikoden) and Kojima Studios is collaborating with Bokeh Game Studios/Keiichiro Toyama to make Silent Hills. Then essentially, Sony is lending out their IPs to independent developers. & When you think about it like that, it opens up the possibilities. They can still make a deal with Bokeh Game Studios/Keichiro Toyama to make a Gravity Rush 3 as well. So hopefully they do own the Konami IPs and Kojima Studios/Bokeh Game Studios are working on Silent Hill currently, Kojima Studios is working on Metal Gear Remake next, From Software is working on Castlevania Souos, and Bokeh Game Studios can make Gravity Rush 3 in the Future. But maybe the Konami IPs aren't the only IPs being revived. Maybe some of Sony's other dormant IPs are currently being revived by independent developers in the same way Demon Souls was with Blue Point.

tenor.gif

If a Castlevania reboot in the style of bloodborne is real I will cum so hard I'll get the neighbor across the street pregnant by osmosis...

This is one I want to believe, but I can't allow myself :messenger_mr_smith_who_are_you_going_to_call:

I am refraining from any arguing for 24 hours my friend..and I will keep that promise... but I am curious.. how would you describe the "access" Sony has given? How does it differ from other indie devs?
No worries it's not an argument, we're just chatting here

It's full speculation on my side obviously, but allowing a "teaser" in their platform with the obvious initial comparisons to Silent Hill clearly leading people on to speculate. I check the blog quite often and can't remember any game being "teased" like this. Especially not from any unknown studio. BTW the game is supposed to be released Q4 2021.

This while
- the entire internet rumor mill in the last year is all about a Silent Hill reboot.
- years of begging for PT to even be available for download and collective internet disappointment about the supposed project death
- Sony staying silent letting these rumors grow in intensity
- the articles by people supposedly connected to the SH reboot, themselves teasing something "we've all been expecting"

My main indicator is the severity of the consequences for Sony themselves not killing the rumor right there. Letting the speculation run wild like this would absolutely blow up in their faces unless they know people will be happy in the end. I think it's a risky assumption to make that a supposed nobody developer is going to deliver something so great that even if it's not SH, the fans will be happy in the end.

So in summary, the "access" and special treatment here is a combination of allowing a teaser that says nothing about a game (and draws too much comparison to SH) be posted on their blog
+
The marketing campaign obviously leaning even harder on the SH rumors and Sony not killing it immediately.

I wish you could find me a past example in which this was the case, happy to stand corrected if there is.

Oh god, it even involves castlevania now!!
I would actually prefer a new 2D Castlevania (I know we have Bloodstained) and I mean a proper 2D Castlevania rather than a 2D Castlevania with 3D graphics. Mind you, we could have a fully 3D Bloodbornestained.
All of this still seems far too crazy to me. 🤦‍♂️

Top Bottom