• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sandisk 4GB Memory Stick Pro Duo now $64.95 shipped - no rebates, nothing

Frog

Jim said:
This is an f'ing insane deal. No rebate or anything. $64.95, no tax (in NY at least), no shipping. Just ordered one.

Do I have to do something special for the free shipping? It wants to charge me six bucks.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
DaCocoBrova said:
Did it come yet? I'm getting tired of waiting. It's been a week.

Not yet.

I was about to post the new deal, but it looks like Hyp beat me to it! :D

Just got this in the mail yesterday. ScummVM-only memory stick, here I come!

I'm thinking about getting a third one too. Goddamn I fill up memory fast.

Frog said:
Hmm, it's not offering that option in the drop-down menu.
just checked it again...

budgetshippingjv8.png

yep, it's there!

Carlisle said:
Whoa, awesome. Definitely worth a shot.
What makes it even better is that the Buy.com reciept doesn't show the google checkout discount. So I think it will be 10% off $84.95.

After getting $8.49 back, the final price would be $56.46 shipped (unless you were taxed, like me).

Got an email at 12:28PM PST letting me know my item shipped.
That was fast... I didn't order until around 9PM last night.

Hopefully it was shipped from California so I might recieve it sooner.

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
I finally tracked the shit, and it said it's been here in DC since the 1st of Dec.

Hurry up!

Pimpwerx

Ordered one. This one is for my Ericsson phone, which should be here tomorrow. I will probably swap it over to my PSP once I get one, and upgrade the phone to 8GB. I think I'll need the space more on the phone for music, since that'll be my mp3 player from now on. Then I can use one for the phone and one for the PSP/PS3 combo. Suddenly, I feel like a complete Sony slut. PEACE.

Mejilan

DaCocoBrova said:
I finally tracked the shit, and it said it's been here in DC since the 1st of Dec.

Hurry up!

Mine shipped via UPS on 11/29, and was handed off to a NY USPS location for delivery on 11/30...

where it's apparently been sitting for a week now.

W.
T.
F.

DaCocoBrova

^^

Going through the same thing. I was just on the phone with the USPS (who UPS hands the package off to) and of course their computers are down...

Danj

Man I wish we could get memory sticks this cheap over here in the UK. 4Gb ones here are still £79.99 ($156.78), you guys should buy a bunch of these and resell them on eBay UK, you'd make a killing!

DaCocoBrova

The MSRP is now ~$99.99. Newegg sells the SanDisk for 99, and the Sony brand 4GB for 109.

Jim

So I ordered one on the 5th, with the free (7-9 days) shipping option, and it showed up this morning. That was, uh, fast! I'm in NY

Mejilan

DaCocoBrova said:
^^

Going through the same thing. I was just on the phone with the USPS (who UPS hands the package off to) and of course their computers are down...

I call USPS only to have them verify what I could see on my own screen, that they had received the electronic shipping information. He told me that they had NOT received the product from UPS. I tried shooting UPS an email.

It's been sitting somewhere between NJ and NY for 8 days now. I'm really pissed.

Sucks, man.

Anyway, just for future reference, I was skimming IGN awhile back and it looks like the 8 gig is out in January and will cost ~$200.

So if you just wait until April, you'll be able to get 8GB of memory for probably $100. Just something to think about.

And believe me, you'll figure out how to quickly exhaust all 8GB on that thing. Hell, I filled up my second 4 gig stick in, literally, 30 minutes. I have 90mb left on each one, and the space is strictly for gamesaves and any future homebrew app upgrades.

bluemax

Banned
Mejilan said:
Mine shipped via UPS on 11/29, and was handed off to a NY USPS location for delivery on 11/30...

where it's apparently been sitting for a week now.

W.
T.
F.

Welcome to Buy.com shipping. I bought a DVD once that took a month. My 1GB PSP memory stick I bought with 2 day shipping, it took a week. I've since stopped doing business with them because I realized the way they save you so much money is buy shipping things Pony Express.

Crazymoogle said:
Store seems rather dicey to me, but if they do have one in it's one of the prosumer samples that hit stores earlier this year. Slightly less hazy outlets are expecting 8gb cards for a third of that sometime this month.
yeah, but you could be THE FIRST ON YOUR BLOCK WITH THE POWER OF 8 GIGABYTES OF POWER!!!

imagine every good psp game all on one stick!

Mejilan

Aristotlekh said:
Sucks, man.

Anyway, just for future reference, I was skimming IGN awhile back and it looks like the 8 gig is out in January and will cost ~$200.

So if you just wait until April, you'll be able to get 8GB of memory for probably $100. Just something to think about.

And believe me, you'll figure out how to quickly exhaust all 8GB on that thing. Hell, I filled up my second 4 gig stick in, literally, 30 minutes. I have 90mb left on each one, and the space is strictly for gamesaves and any future homebrew app upgrades.

I'd be hardpressed to even fill up 4GB. I have a 60 GB iPod for music and photos, and don't give a damn about portable video. I can only play so many games as once, so there'd be no point in filling 4GBs up with games. 1GB is definitely not enough, but 4 is plenty.

The Faceless Master said:
yeah, but you could be THE FIRST ON YOUR BLOCK WITH THE POWER OF 8 GIGABYTES OF POWER!!!

imagine every good psp game all on one stick!

SHUT UP

...I already did the stupid early adopter thing when the 2gig was fairly expensive :lol :lol :lol

Danj

Mejilan said:
I'd be hardpressed to even fill up 4GB. I have a 60 GB iPod for music and photos, and don't give a damn about portable video. I can only play so many games as once, so there'd be no point in filling 4GBs up with games. 1GB is definitely not enough, but 4 is plenty.

More to the point, devhook isn't going to work with an 8Gb stick since they are only supported in like 2.82 and upwards or something. Yes, I hear you say, but you can emulate that firmware version - not if you can't read it off the memory stick you can't!

Danj said:
More to the point, devhook isn't going to work with an 8Gb stick since they are only supported in like 2.82 and upwards or something. Yes, I hear you say, but you can emulate that firmware version - not if you can't read it off the memory stick you can't!

It is compatible with SE-C. So if you use that as your native firmware you're fine.

Also, to Mejilan: The PSP is awesome for portable video though. How could you not like that feature? The screen is flat damn gorgeous (of course, it ghosts pretty bad if you don't convert the videos well, though). Best portable video solution you can get for cheap. Only hindered, really, by the lack of storage space.

And the thing about storing a certain number of games is bogus. I have 13 games for the PSP. I have to switch between memory sticks and which games I have on them frequently because I just don't have enough space. The idea of being able to store most of my games on one stick, worry free, is pretty damn compelling, I think.

Mejilan

I own around 20 PSP games, and at most I'll play maybe 3 of them at a time. Frankly, DS games pwn PSP games pretty viciously, so my portable game time is primarily spent with the DS Lite. Either way, I rip my UMDs into ISOs and store those on my PC. I'll be able to dump at least 3 of them onto my 4GB mem stick when that arrives, and that'll be MORE than enough to keep me occupied. If need be, I'll rotate games out with the ISOs I keep backed up on my PC.

I've diddled with portable video both on the iPod and the PSP, and frankly, it sucks balls. I'll watch my movies the way they were intended. On a decent TV connected to 5.1 surround sound.

Danj said:

I'm sure that eventually Dark Alex will whip up a new version of his custom firmware to solve such problems.

rod

Banned
for arguments sake, my friend in NY ordered me two of these sticks and he is going to ship them to me (aus) via fed ex. buy.com said they shipped it yesterday, how long (approx) till he receives them? estimate is all im really after..

Mejilan said:
I've diddled with portable video both on the iPod and the PSP, and frankly, it sucks balls. I'll watch my movies the way they were intended. On a decent TV connected to 5.1 surround sound.

a) You're right about DS games, obviously, but I still get a lot of mileage out of the PSP library. It's not nearly as laughable as it used to be.

b) I'm never home so I don't have the opportunity to watch movies on a decent TV connected to 5.1 surround sound. I take what I can get. For my purposes, the increasing viability of portable video is a godsend.

Top Bottom