• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scam Citizen is now free to play – for a week

Ivan

Star Citizen shows the pure PC gamers mentality. They only supported it blindly so they can brag about a game not possible on consoles a decade ago. Current gen consoles surpassed that comfortably and the dream, or nightmare, game is still in alpha.

Game could easily be made for current gen consoles without it's overcomplicated control scheme that requires keyboard and mouse for all the wrong reasons. Actual flying is actually better on any controller, of course. Squadron 42 fits next gen consoles perfectly and it won't even be a technical showcase by the time it releases. PS5/xbox ultra fast storage is a perfect fit, too

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Game could easily be made for current gen consoles without it's overcomplicated control scheme that requires keyboard and mouse for all the wrong reasons. Actual flying is actually better on any controller, of course. Squadron 42 fits next gen consoles perfectly and it won't even be a technical showcase by the time it releases. PS5/xbox ultra fast storage is a perfect fit, too

This sums it up:

The delusion still holds strong for them. Kind of sad, really.
Bo_Hazem Bo_Hazem is right, they wanted a new crysis, something that wouldn't run on consoles (and as far as I'm concerned crysis never did ; the 360 port was trash) but all they got was milked, and now they can't admit it.

I don't know why they are desperate for a new crysis level PC pushing game anyways. There's still going to be big differences on PC versions even if they're console ports... Like Witcher 3 in 2015, even that was a big difference.

Scam Citizen also reinforces my belief that even if someone wanted to make a new crysis, it's financially impossible.

Last edited:

Sentenza

Bo_Hazem Bo_Hazem is right, they wanted a new crysis, something that wouldn't run on consoles (and as far as I'm concerned crysis never did ; the 360 port was trash) but all they got was milked, and now they can't admit it.

I don't know why they are desperate for a new crysis level PC pushing game anyways. There's still going to be big differences on PC versions even if they're console ports... Like Witcher 3 in 2015, even that was a big difference.

Scam Citizen also reinforces my belief that even if someone wanted to make a new crysis, it's financially impossible.
Bo Hazem is spouting bullshit and so are you. I don't know what kind of brain worm made you people so obsessed with console warring, but it plays literally no part on the GROWING popularity of Star Citizen.
And said popularity is not growing by chance, either. It's because despise all the feature creep, the dragged feet and the endless delays the game is in fact maturing and improving over time, resembling more and more something playable at each update.

You'd have to be a special kind of moron (or worse, your average forum Rivet Rivet ) to think that only because you can type a stupid sentence in a smug tone you are making a legitimate point.

Bo Hazem is spouting bullshit and so are you. I don't know what kind of brain worm made you people so obsessed with console warring, but it plays literally no part on the GROWING popularity of Star Citizen.
And said popularity is not growing by chance, either. It's because despise all the feature creep, the dragged feet and the endless delays the game is in fact maturing and improving over time, resembling more and more something playable at each update.

You'd have to be a special kind of moron (or worse, your average forum Rivet Rivet ) to think that only because you can type a stupid sentence in a smug tone you are making a legitimate point.
Having a lot of idiots fall for a scam doesn't make it less of a scam. Hey, it's your time and money.

Edit : Also this is most definitely not "console warring" from me considering I'm transitioning from PlayStation to PC this generation.

Last edited:

Sentenza

Having a lot of idiots fall for a scam doesn't make it less of a scam. Hey, it's your time and money.
My financial investment in Star Citizen was an entry level package. I never paid a single dollar past that and even with all the gripes I have against its production I never really regretted the money I spent on it, since it gave me dozens of hours of entertainment doing shit with my mates.
Quantification of the "loss" aside, that STILL doesn't have a fucking thing to do with the claims both of you made. Does it?

Edit : Also this is most definitely not "console warring" from me considering I'm transitioning from PlayStation to PC this generation.
You could be transitioning from cishetero shitlord to LGBT+ Resetera Admin with a feminine penis for all I care. Not sure how your personal outing is of any relevance. You two are the ones that made the outrageously stupid claim that SC is growing in popularity "only because PC gamers are trying to score points against consoles with a new Crysis".

Title should read scam citizen
It already does (in an astonishing display of originality, one may add).
Are you clinically blind?

Last edited:

coffinbirth

How is buying, playing and enjoying a game a scam exactly?
He doesn't sound like someone that was scammed. Were YOU scammed? Where's the scam?

Is it an outrageously lengthy and expensive to produce, and still unfinished game? Sure...but it doesn't cost more than most other games, and you know, you can actually fucking play it. It would be a scam if there wasn't a game to be played. This isn't vaporware.

The only people that call this a scam are people that have never played it or people that spent ungodly amounts of money on MTX and then regretted their purchases.
Those are the actual "idiots" in this scenario.

Last edited:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
My financial investment in Star Citizen was an entry level package. I never paid a single dollar past that and even with all the gripes I have against its production I never really regretted the money I spent on it, since it gave me dozens of hours of entertainment doing shit with my mates.
Quantification of the "loss" aside, that STILL doesn't have a fucking thing to do with the claims both of you made. Does it?

You could be transitioning from cishetero shitlord to LGBT+ Resetera Admin with a feminine penis for all I care. Not sure how your personal outing is of any relevance. You two are the ones that made the outrageously stupid claim that SC is growing in popularity "only because PC gamers are trying to score points against consoles with a new Crysis".

It already does (in an astonishing display of originality, one may add).
Are you clinically blind?
Didn't read it as that originally. No need to be angry. It's a scam. We all fall for scams at one point or another.

Don't feel alone. Many are happy to pay for gran Turismo 7's "entry level package" as well, despite all the micro transactions and grinding.

Though, gt7 didn't have an enormous Kickstarter campaign.

Hold hands and be suckers together!

Topher

Gold Member
What is the scam?

People say "scam" but I think it is really just dislike of the business practices and the fact that the game has been in development for so long while taking millions and millions from backers. If there wasn't a playable game out there right now then I might agree with calling it a "scam", but factually there a lot of people playing and enjoying the game so not sure how that's a scam. Certainly the management of the project can probably be scrutinized to hell and back as well as the ridiculous scope creep. I don't know enough about these multiple thousand dollar DLC transactions to speak about them but that does seem excessive to put it mildly.

I only paid $45 myself a few years for the game itself and I'm not paying a dime more. I wasn't scammed. I knew what I was paying for and that's what I got.

Awkward John Krasinski GIF by Saturday Night Live

You could be transitioning from cishetero shitlord to LGBT+ Resetera Admin with a feminine penis for all I care.

Cracking Up Lol GIF by HULU

Last edited:

Sentenza

I don't know enough about these multiple thousand dollar DLC transactions to speak about them but that does seem excessive to put it mildly.
Here's all you need to know: they are irrelevant.
Most of the biggest and most expensive ships that get in the hundreds of dollars each are completely irrelevant and currently don't even have a proper gameplay purpose.
While I would absolutely agree that CIG is trying very hard to pander to these whales with stratagems that border on the predatory, with a series of preferential treatments that make them feel like part of some "elite circle", the reality is that the average player shouldn't have a single reason to care about it.

And to be clear, we aren't even talking about a scenario like you average shitty "Raid Shadow Legend" or "Genshin Impact" where "you can play for free but if you want to see the cool stuff or not be curb-stomped at some point you better pay". No, we are literally talking about a situation where most starting ships are perfectly viable to do pretty much any content available. Hell, some of the low price ships like the Titan, Arrow or Gladius are even considered the current kings of the PVP meta in the game.

Also, to put things in perspective on what it means "buying a ship with in-game money": now that I know how to move I can literally log on a new account (or after a wipe) and farm enough money to buy my second ship in a couple of hours. Make it three or four hours if I want a Prospector to dive into the rabbit hole of mining and refining mineral. A full evening or two if I'm aiming for something a bit bigger/pricey like a Sentinel or a Ares.
I can rent a ROC to do ground mining with the money I get as a reward of a single mission. Or farm a handful of missions to buy one to keep indefinitely.

Of course, it would take me weeks to get a capital ship meant to be crewed with dozens of players, but... Why? There's literally no gameplay loop or content tied to these ships currently. Even their "fortunate" owners from time to time parade them around space ports just to flex.. Then get bored, put them away and use a smaller ship like everyone else.

Sentenza

I don't understand why would anyone even bother with this game even if it's for free. Game is straight ass.
Well, why should you understand? What do you even know about it?

I'm into flight and space sims. I have a lot of old ones, I have Elite, I have No Man's Sky (I fell for the bullshit that "it got a lot better over time". It didn't). I have an entry package with Star Citizen.
I know which one is getting the most of my attention and giving me most fun in return, on average.

Also, since we are on it. Here's Mister "This sums it up" trying the game again:

Guess what? He's liking it.

Last edited:

ShadowNate

Whenever these scam's "news" come up it's always a good opportunity to check back on its Kickstarter's latest comments

Also answers the "how is this a scam?" quickly. (There's an elaborate answer of course, and it has been given multiple times in the multitude of threads about this trashfire of a project -- but ten years later why even bother with the long post. Especially if you've seen the responses from the "but it is released and I'm having fun" crowd)

STARSBarry

Gold Member
The game could be announced cancelled tommorow and I would guarantee a bunch of people would come out of the wood work saying things like

"oh I only spent a small amount (actually upwards of £500) and since I had the alpha for 10 years I think I got my money's worth"

No seriously bookmark this post for when that actually happens and see exactly this post over and over right there.

Look if they where close to release of any form then Squadron 42 would be out, that's the game with limited scope, since it's not out that means the core systems that the game is founded on are still after a decade not in place...

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
The game could be announced cancelled tommorow and I would guarantee a bunch of people would come out of the wood work saying things like

"oh I only spent a small amount (actually upwards of £500) and since I had the alpha for 10 years I think I got my money's worth"

No seriously bookmark this post for when that actually happens and see exactly this post over and over right there.

Look if they where close to release of any form then Squadron 42 would be out, that's the game with limited scope, since it's not out that means the core systems that the game is founded on are still after a decade not in place...

How many SC gamers spent "upwards of $500"? Where is this coming from?

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit

Is... that Nick Cage as Kratos?

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Whereas some models, like the Legatus, can run you up to $40,000 of real actual money
At least we know the pricing managers at the company have ice cold veins. When you have the gall to sell video game spaceships for $40,000, you'll never need to second guess their strategy.

Fredrik

So I finally got to see what this is all about, for that I have to thank the OP Craig of War Craig of War for making this thread.

I played for 4-5 hours.

First impressions:

Alpha is actually accurate and not some PR thing just to say it’s not finished yet when they get criticised. This is quite possibly the buggiest game I’ve ever played.

What stands out is NPCs standing like robots facing the same direction in cities or space ports, or on top of things, or flickering inside a sign whatever.
It’s always in your face reminding you that it’s an alpha build. They’ve clearly just started doing some world building and populate the areas. But when most NPCs just stand there the immersion is lost. Would’ve been better with empty cities and only having the NPCs that actually do something. I’m guessing they are placing the models in the world just to have some idea how the performance gets affected when adding other stuff.

But I can see the potential here. The cities and space ports are huge. Supprisingly multi-layered and vertical. It’s not terrible tbh. As sci-fi and No Man’s Sky fan I get triggered, in a good way, at least sometimes.

Here’s my first try story:

Woke up in a bed, looked around a bit, stutter everywhere, went into the settings to lower some graphics settings. Got it to run at maybe 30-50fps - 1080p, 3800x + 3070Ti.

Had to Google how to deactivate an annoying chat from other players that were covering 1/3 of the screen.

Peace and quiet, fine, here we go.

I started in a cyberpunk city, lots of neon signs and lights creating nice lighting and thrash littered on the street corners, water puddles with reflections, not far off from looking like Cyberpunk 2077 on PC if I squint my eyes a bit.

After wandering around for likely half an hour trying to figure out what to do I checked the get started video posted by Sentenza Sentenza on page 1 here. (Important! Everyone, do this. 👈)

I finally got into a ship and went off out out of the hangar. No crashing!

First impression in the ship;
Okay this is a flight simulator. So many keys to press if you check the controls. Lots of numbers everywhere, quite exhausting tbh.

The flight controls are great, like really great. I love how they use the mouse wheel for analog controls of the throttle, it’s brilliant, works incredibly well.

Back to my adventure:

So I started flying over the city, looks nice, I like it, and finally decided to go off to space.
Omg this is sooo slow… I thought it was annoying in NMS but this is on a whole other level. Todd was right when scrapping the seamless space to planet traversal.

When I was up seeing stars I went into the map and decided to travel to a mining planet in another solar system. Light speed quantum travel engagerad. And it’s so still slow. Wow. I guess my ship sucked because there is no way people can accept this.

So I surfed the web for a bit and kept looking at some guide videos.

Eventually I was in the new solar system just above the planet. Cool. Lets go down. And I actually managed to land on the sandy surface without crashing. Have to say again, the flight controls are pretty awesome tbh. Exited the ship. And there is nothing there.

Q5mG3SE.jpg

kygRn9X.jpg

I ran around for a bit but this is clearly no No Man’s Sky with resources littered on the planet. There were lots of dots on the map so I assume there were something at those locations but where I landed I didn’t see a thing. 🤷‍♂️

Well there were some plant like thing that looked like it had teeth… Hmm… I tried to shoot it but there was no collision detection added. Didn’t try to step on it, feared to die and get repawned back to the starter system.

Got a warning that my suit couldn’t handle the temperature, and a counter going down…

Time to go back to the ship!

Back at the ship I looked at the map again, searched for a space port, but couldn’t find one on this planet, apparently they had moved all activity to another one because of an incidence. (Work in progress area?)

Found a nearby planet with a space station in the clouds.

Up in space again, another session of waiting, but it only took maybe 30 seconds now so no biggie.

Found the space station and flew around trying to figure out how and where to land.

IBbu0wk.jpg

No idea what to do…

Eventually decided to just land on a flat surface, how bad can it be? I can walk to where I saw some signs and stuff.

Bad idea, got a warning for tresspassing!

Up in the ship again, googled, talked to flight control and they said something I couldn’t hear and didn’t have time to read.
No idea what to do. Again.

Scanned the area, targetted another player and feared I would be shot down.

Tried flight control again. Just got a repeated message that the request had already been made or something like that. Sigh.

Eventually I saw a marker that looked different than the other player ships. Went closer… an open hangar door! Yes!

Flew in, no crashing again, controls are fantastic, so analog, love it.

Landed and powered off my ship. Got some warning that I had to move my ship. Whatever, I want to go to the city.

OCwdbXf.jpg

Inside the new space port everything looked completely different from the starter one. Fancy high tech sci-fi space station.

Got a fine for parking my ship wrong or something, never checked the sum, hopefully they don’t charge my credit card…

I walked around, saw on some meters at the bottom of my screen that I needed to eat and drink, found a burger and some soda, bought that and ate. Cool.

Decided to remove my space armour and walk in casual clothes like the NPCs. But I didn’t have any. Bought some new clothes. And walked around in my underwear, a t-shirt and cap for awhile because they didn’t sell any pants in that store…

cERiwRr.jpg

Eventually found some pants too.

Found the medical center and changed ny respawn to this spot instead. Cool. Went into a menu and fiddled and killed myself when triggering a respawn.

And there I stopped.

All in all. It’s got potential. No doubt. Some things are already great, like the flying, and the space ports are nicely designed. But this is faaar off from a proper release. And I feel like I played for a long time without doing much. With everything being seemless and being almost a simulator it’s an extreme time sinker.

I don’t know, I could see myself return if they keep this free to play thing going, but they need to get the world building with stationary NPCs sorted out.

And even though I never had any interactions with other players besides seeing them run around in the space ports I get turned off by not being able to play offline by myself.

Last edited:

Fredrik

I fully wanted to give this a try, but I kept getting errors during the install. Oh well...
I had one error message right at the end of the install. Clicked install again and I think it continued where it was because a few minutes later it changed from install to launch.
Took forever to install though, several hours.

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
How many SC gamers spent "upwards of $500"? Where is this coming from?

A lot, more then you think. Most backers i know are well over 500 or a couple of thousands or even more.

And also mod that need to change titles is fucking stupid. What’s this shit? In my opinion this is already a reason to leave Neogaf. Nice that you disagree but fuck off with the childish stuff.

Fredrik Fredrik Going in SC blindly is never a good thing. It has a learning curve and you really need to spend some time reading and watching things about this game. I know a free fly doesn’t give you that time, but you have a guide system so someone can help you around with a lot of stuff. Otherwise it’s better to go in some SC discord and play with others, and then maybe join a Org.

Last edited:

Rivet

We had dozens of PCMR idiots on here boasting about Star Citizen over the years so it looks like you're the one ignoring things here. Use the search function if in doubt.

Thing is it's one of the only AAA made only for PC so of course they use it as ammo, as dumb as it is.

The scam isn't in the fact you can't play this patchwork of a game, some disjointed parts of it work and it doesn't matter if you personally like those or not, they do it to get more money from the whales.

The scam is in the fact they don't actually intend to release the game ever and they just want to continue making the whales dream to get money... The game will never be a full cohesive one simply because they have no incentive to finish it. Everybody outside the project understands that. If they wanted to release something, it would have already been released years ago. By the way, where is Squadron 42? I see some kind of pattern here. Make people dream, get money, never release anything. Rinse, repeat.

That, and selling a 40 grand ship package, which should send them to jail too, since they abuse those poor whale souls.

Nothing in any game should ever be sold at that price. We don't want that. It banks on kids stealing their parents credit card or some people being addicted enough to pull the trigger. It sucks. It's bad for everybody.

Last edited:

Fredrik

We had dozens of PCMR idiots on here boasting about Star Citizen over the years so it looks like you're the one imagining things here. Use the search function if in doubt.

Thing is it's one of the only AAA made only for PC so of course they use it as ammo, as dumb as it is.

The scam isn't in the fact you can't play this patchwork of a game, some disjointed parts of it work and it doesn't matter if you personally like those or not, they do it get more money from the whales.

The scam is they don't intend to release the game ever and they just want to continue making the whales dream to get money... The game will never be a full cohesive one simply because they have no incentive to finish it. Everybody outside the project understands that. If they wanted to release something, it would have already been released years ago. By the way, where is Squadron 42? I see some kind of pattern here. Make people dream, get money, never release anything. Rinse, repeat.

That, and selling a 40 grand ship package, which should put them in jail too, since they abuse those poor whale souls.

Nothing in any game should ever be sold at that price. We don't want this.
Making it free to play, if only for a week, might change things. With more people playing it, that don’t intend to waste money, comes the need to finish it or they’ll lose lots of potential customers.

I advice everyone who can to try it. Just to see what it’s about and in what state it is. It answers many questions.

I learned a lot from my play session yesterday. As in, it’ll take years to finish this, like maybe 5 years. It’s too big and they’re aiming too far. And I learned I would never pay for it unless I’ve seen that it’s finished, after I’ve seen reviews. But I can see myself try more if they make significant progress and keep having these free to play periods, I hope they do that.

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
Blah blah, scam, game sucks, forever alpha, bugs, expensive space ships, my butt hurts, I want my $45 dollars back. Basically every SC GAF thread at this point is pretty predictable.
They Aare all so sick of this project, but you always see the usual suspects back in every thread.

Rivet Rivet At least it’s not a kids game. And it kills nobody. Better having something like this then spending your money only on cigarets, drug or alcohol.

Last edited:

Rivet

Making it free to play, if only for a week, might change things. With more people playing it, that don’t intend to waste money, comes the need to finish it or they’ll lose lots of potential customers.

But they never finish it and they never lost customers so I don't see why it would change... As a business, that's pure genius. Only way it would change is if money stopped flowing in, but then they would just close the shop so nothing will be released either way.

Now I can see why you like it. I never said you couldn't have fun with what's there. But in my opinion, they just do it to catch more whales they could have missed.

The whole process of dreamware is what bothers me most, in case other devs would copy it. We'd get waves of never finished games with major transactions in it.

You know other publishers are watching this... We don't want that. I know I don't.

Last edited:

Fredrik

But they never finish it and they never lost customers so I don't see why it would change... As a business, that's pure genius. Only way it would change is if money stopped flowing in, but then they would just close the shop so nothing will be released either way.

Now I can see why you like it. I never said you couldn't have fun with what's there. But in my opinion, they just do it to catch more whales they could have missed.

The whole process of dreamware is what bothers me most, in case other devs would copy it. We'd get waves of never finished games with major transactions in it.

You know other publishers are watching this... We don't want that. I know I don't.
Yeah I absolutely understand the concern. I just think free to play is a good idea. Pops the mystery bubble and put some heat on their backs to finish at least what they’ve started.

Problem is the scope really. If they would’ve started with one planet and make that good with lots of content, then it could’ve been great and an interesting project to follow.

The places they’ve designed do look good, if you can see past the bugs and weird NPCs, I was surprised tbh.

After that they could’ve made another planet, and another, etc.

Hand-craft a whole universe without any procedural generation and aiming for Cyberpunk visuals is just plain dumb, nobody can achieve that. At best it’ll just be a blank slate of nothing except for a few locations here and there with well-designed content. At worst it’ll never be finished, which is the likely scenario here.

Last edited:

Fredrik

Going in SC blindly is never a good thing. It has a learning curve and you really need to spend some time reading and watching things about this game. I know a free fly doesn’t give you that time, but you have a guide system so someone can help you around with a lot of stuff. Otherwise it’s better to go in some SC discord and play with others, and then maybe join a Org.
I’m not interested enough at this point to do any serious research but it was interesting to finally see how it is. I’ve seen pics and some trailers and heard to talk about it being a scam etc but never seen uncut gameplay.

I really liked some parts of it, but I also noticed that fans has been very selective when showing photos and videos.

On a surface level in the designed areas it looks good. But all interactions with NPCs and just walking around in the space ports makes it look bad. They’ve tried to do some things well, like the bartender fixing a drink etc. But so many NPC interactions are so bad that it would’ve been better with a still pic and text.

I do wonder though. How do you get more money?
I bought a chest armour, multi tool, some meds, clothes, a couple drinks and a burger, rented the cheapest ship I could find, and have about 15,000 UEC left from the 25,000 I think I started with. If I would’ve bought the ship I wouldn’t have money to keep playing, I think it cost 19,000 UEC to buy.

Last edited:

Sentenza

What stands out is NPCs standing like robots facing the same direction in cities or space ports, or on top of things, or flickering inside a sign whatever.
It’s always in your face reminding you that it’s an alpha build. They’ve clearly just started doing some world building and populate the areas. But when most NPCs just stand there the immersion is lost. Would’ve been better with empty cities and only having the NPCs that actually do something. I’m guessing they are placing the models in the world just to have some idea how the performance gets affected when adding other stuff.
For context: this isn't incidental. NPC AI is only partially implemented and the first thing that shuts down automatically and completely as soon as servers reach their maximum load.
This is (allegedly) something that should change in the moment they'll finalize the implementation of server meshing (for the end of this year, if you want to believe their predictions, which I don't).

Woke up in a bed, looked around a bit, stutter everywhere, went into the settings to lower some graphics settings. Got it to run at maybe 30-50fps - 1080p, 3800x + 3070Ti.
Lowering the settings does NOT improve performances to any degree (with the possible sole exception of volumetric clouds).
In fact it's better to keep them maxed, since lower settings move the load for some calculations from the GPU to the CPU.

First impression in the ship;
Okay this is a flight simulator. So many keys to press if you check the controls. Lots of numbers everywhere, quite exhausting tbh.

The flight controls are great, like really great. I love how they use the mouse wheel for analog controls of the throttle, it’s brilliant, works incredibly well.
Goes without saying that the game becomes SIGNIFICANTLY more enjoyable playing with a flight stick.
Fun fact: I pledged my starting package after years of being just a skeptic lurker that tried the game from time to time PRECISELY because I was looking for something to use my shiny new flight stick on.
More specifically I remember asking to my friend his account to give it a go (there was no free flight even going on at the time), trying it a couple of hours and deciding "Yeah, at this point this is starting to resemble a game and it's just enjoyable enough that I can throw a fifty at it without worrying too much".

I ran around for a bit but this is clearly no No Man’s Sky with resources littered on the planet. There were lots of dots on the map so I assume there were something at those locations but where I landed I didn’t see a thing. 🤷‍♂️
You are supposed to have a mining ship or some form to mining equipment (depending on the type and size of these mineras) to do the gathering.

Got a fine for parking my ship wrong or something, never checked the sum, hopefully they don’t charge my credit card…
Jesus, you people really live in fear. It's not that type of game.
You just got a small sanction in in-game credits for occupying an unauthorized pad.

All in all. It’s got potential. No doubt. Some things are already great, like the flying, and the space ports are nicely designed. But this is faaar off from a proper release. And I feel like I played for a long time without doing much. With everything being seemless and being almost a simulator it’s an extreme time sinker.

I don’t know, I could see myself return if they keep this free to play thing going
One thing I gathered from your summary is that at no point you opened your "quest log" (mobiglass), accepted and attempted to do a mission. Aside from player-on-player interactions that would be basically where most of the "gameplay" currently lies: ship bounties, bunkers, delivers, investigations, etc.
That aside, these free flight events are a recurring periodic thing (which is another reason that made the sensationalistic title of this thread a clickbait) so you'll have plenty of chances to try future updates, if you want to.

And even though I never had any interactions with other players besides seeing them run around in the space ports I get turned off by not being able to play offline by myself.
Well, you were literally trying the MMO portion of the project.
Then again the single player is currently missing in action.

Last edited:
Top Bottom