• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senua's Saga: Hellblade II Pre Load Now Available. New Pictures Released

Draugoth

Gold Member
GIuDvhDWsAA-GdB
GIuDMNRXoAAtshB

GIuDOulWgAAzcwV
GIuDPvmWcAEZnVj

Ninja Theory confirmed on X that Hellblade 2 Senua's Saga is available for pre-download and can be added to wishlist on Xbox and Steam.

amigastar

Graphics are really something in this game. But i don't know if i will play it, depends at what it turns out.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Have you guys seen a massive difference in visual quality in the first game with every RT feature enabled (RTGI, Better RT shadows and reflections)? It's effin' astounding how much better and atmospheric the game looks with all this extra RT stuff not available in-game. The sky box is a problem though.

What about the performance, you ask? Well It's also absolutely massive - 16-18 FPS on 3080Ti and it's not even using all VRAM. Locked 30 FPS is only duable at 1440p and even then I'm sure it'll deep below that in more demanding areas. Maybe it's a CPU issue (I've 8700K), idk, can't check cuz I don't have modern platform to test it.

What about, DLSS? Foget it! DLSS is broken in this game with all these RT features enabled (not a Rechade btw, but simple Engine.ini edit) and there's a lot of very ugly pixelated noise on Senua's arms etc. during movement even with the replaced and up to date DLSS dll file.

Last edited:

RickSanchez

Gold Member
GIuDvhDWsAA-GdB
GIuDMNRXoAAtshB

GIuDOulWgAAzcwV
GIuDPvmWcAEZnVj

Ninja Theory confirmed on X that Hellblade 2 Senua's Saga is available for pre-download and can be added to wishlist on Xbox and Steam.

i know GAFfers like to dunk on female game character design often. I have done it myself.

But daymn, Senua looks amazing in this. There is a brutal beauty to her. Fits in perfectly with the game's world/story.

Also helps that her face is modeled on the voice actress, Melina Juergens, who is herself quite beautiful.

Last edited:

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Bought it back in 2017, and I got the platinum in 2020.
I didn't get the last achievement despite finding all of the lorestones on every level on PC:messenger_unamused:

I though that I'll replay the game at 4K with RT and finally get it but... ugh, I guess not anytime soon and not on a 3080Ti.

Darsxx82

One of the few games during this generation that have seen a generational graphical leap between the original (old gen consoles) and its sequel (on nextgen consoles).

It is clear that the graphic and cinematic section is where the most resources have been put, followed, far behind, by the combat. The rest points to a very similar game style to the previous one, perhaps including more "Hollywood" scenes. Generally a type of game I enjoy. Will see.

Eiknarf

Banned
I would get this if it came to PlayStation 5.

I hope it’s good. I like when there’s great games all around. Keeps competition tight

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
If ever you felt happy in life, but wished you were depressed instead. This is the game for you! The first game was awful. Life is down right miserable and hard enough, without role playing as a miserable psychotic with voices in your head.

I absolutely get what you're saying and yet, I don't know, I always liked dark, oppressive and downright miserable atmosphere in games since I find it to be "immersive" for some reason and it's one of the reasons why I like games like Sanitarium (PC), The dark souls trilogy (most FROM games really), The silent hills, the Penumbra games etc etc.

The 1st Hellblade though - and let's be real about it - wasn't much of a "game" even though I did somewhat enjoy it (played it on GP), it wasn't the story or themes that were the problem but its almost non existent gameplay and replay value, it's a "one and done" type of game with a half-arsed fighting system and even worse silly "puzzles" and - unfortunately - I expect the 2nd one to be exactly the same...

Even IF it comes to the PS5, it's going to be a deep-sale (like, 15€ max) acquisition for me no matter how good those 7-8 hours of playtime are going to be - same thing with say, Scorn, a very nice, atmospheric game which I'm happy I finished but...I was only able to do so 'cause it was on GP since I really can't justify that 50€ price tag for the amount of "gameplay" that they're offering.

Cheers

Last edited:

King Dazzar

I absolutely get what you're saying and yet, I don't know, I always liked "dark", oppressive and downright miserable atmosphere in games since I find it to be "immersive" for some reason and it's one of the reasons why I like games like Sanitarium (PC), The dark souls trilogy (most FROM games really), The silent hills, the Penumbra games etc etc.

The 1st Hellblade though, and let's be real about it, wasn't much of a "game" even though I did somewhat enjoy it (played it on GP), it wasn't the story or themes that were the problems but its almost non existent gameplay and replay value, it's a one and done type of game with a half-arsed fighting system and even worse silly "puzzles" and - unfortunately - I expect the 2nd one to be exactly the same...

Even IF it comes to the PS5, it's going to be a deep-sale (like, 15€ max) acquisition for me no matter how good those 7-8 hours of playtime are going to be - same thing with say, Scorn, A very nice, atmospheric game which I'm happy I finished but...I was able to do so 'cause it was on GP since I really can't justify that 50€ price tag for what they're offering.

Cheers
Funny enough, I paused for a moment before posting. But the thrill of hunting and fighting to survive, in a grim setting. Is different from making you yourself grim, simulating medical health problems with no decent gameplay.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
One of the few games during this generation that have seen a generational graphical leap between the original (old gen consoles) and its sequel (on nextgen consoles).

It is clear that the graphic and cinematic section is where the most resources have been put, followed, far behind, by the combat. The rest points to a very similar game style to the previous one, perhaps including more "Hollywood" scenes. Generally a type of game I enjoy. Will see.

At that point why not just go make CG movies instead? A game where gameplay is so far in the backseat or non existent, and ISNT a visual novel, serves no purpose to be called a game.

They had so much potential to make the sequel fully fleshed out with all this development time and $… and they just did the same shit again with more graphics.

Thankfully it’s on gamepass or else I’d never even consider it. Unless the game turns out to be something else completely,then I expect this “game” to get dunked on heavily upon release.

Top Bottom