• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sex facts: Let's dispell all your worries with the power of statisticles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've focused entirely on studies which make use of a large sample size, measurements made by researchers, and where possible with individuals from more than just one nation.

Average penis

Average length (erect): 5.5-6.3 inches (14-16cm)
Average girth (erect): 4.7-5.1 inches (12-13cm)

Source

Intravaginal ejaculation latency time (E.g. how long it takes for the male to come after commencing vaginal penetration from start to finish - which means no position breaks, just straight up pumping)

Ages 18-30: 6.5 minutes
Ages: 31-50: 5.4 minutes
Ages: 51+: 4.3 minutes

Source

Anal sex prevalence
[Disclaimer, survey based]

Male-to-female heterosexual anal intercourse: USA - 30%, France - 29% (of which 30% enjoyed the experience), South Korea - 3.5%
Male-to-male homosexual anal intercourse (not very reliable statistics): USA - 57.6-61.2

Insufficient data on female-to-male and female-to-female (e.g. pegging) anal sex.

Source

Female orgasms

20-30% of women achieve an orgasm during sex.
70-80% of women require clitoral stimulation for an orgasm to happen.

Source

First time

Americans: In 2002, 45.4% females and 45.7% males had engages in sexual activity by the age of 19.
Brits: In 2002, 32% of males/females had sex before the age of 16. In 2006, 20% of males/females had sex before the age of 16. In 2006, the average age a british girl lost her virginity was 17.44 years, and 18.06 for boys.

Source.

Anything else people are worried about?

Ferrio

Banned
Penis Length - Lower than Average
Penis Girth - Average? Hell if I know, haven't measured.
Ejaculation - Higher than Average
Female Orgasm (girlfriend) - WAAAAAY higher than average
First Time - Completely average

Clegg

24% of people in Northern Ireland own a cock ring.

Ann.png

highrider

Banned
Not sure where this applies since GAF is all 6 ft plus, ripped for days, with thick cocks down to their knees, and would pass on Jennifer Lawrence for having no ass.

Satchel

Banned
Average penis here, but the length of time I last varies wildly.

My mood, position, visual stimulation. My quickest ever was literally 3 seconds, my longest was 3 hours. These days I average about 5-10 minutes again, depending on position.

Wife on top I could go for yonks. Me on top I can stay ok, doggy? I don't last,long at all, just looks too fucking good.

Wow, 20 - 30%? Now I understand all the jokes about female orgasm. Interesting. Anyone wanna comment?
A girl can be super into it but sometimes it's hard to get them over the top. It's good to talk and see what you can do before and during to make it happen more often.

Also basically what Squiddy said below

Wow, 20 - 30%? Now I understand all the jokes about female orgasm. Interesting. Anyone wanna comment?

The second statistic explains it:
70-80% of women require clitoral stimulation for an orgasm to happen.

Most people seem to think that vaginal penetration alone is enough for female orgasm, when it statistically is not.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I laughed like a school girl at the term "straight up pumping"

By the end of the summer, people are just going to be filming themselves having sex and posting it in a community thread.

huh. Here I thought if anything that is BS and too low. I would have expected it to be closer to 75/80% by 19.

I thought the complete opposite. 50% of 19 year olds are virgins? Seems high to me, I thought the average age for the first time was around 17.

Not really. This generation seems a little more hesitant to jump into sex than previous generations even with all the easy access to it via the internet. Of course religious background and economic background skew that a little. Whether for good or ill is up to your personal views.

Amir0x

Banned
50% is 'too high'? Man, I don't think I could even name a single person from my school who didn't have sex before they graduated. It's different in the UK?

Symphonia

Banned
Penis length, I'm content with it. I'm way above average, at any rate. Penis girth - fuck knows, I've never once really felt the urge to measure. Time to ejaculation is waaay higher than average. Female orgasm, again, higher than average. And my first time was at 18.

50% is 'too high'? Man, I don't think I could even name a single person from my school who didn't have sex before they graduated. It's different in the UK?
It probably depends on location. At my school 50% seemed just about right, even among the jocks and more popular cliques.

Great that the study actually got bone-pressed measurements for a change. That considered, i'm surprised at how much smaller the average penis is than I thought. Shitty Kinsey and condom manufacturer studies pegging it at 6" (likely non-bone pressed), plus the general knowledge that pushing into the fat pad can add about 0.5 to 1 inch, led me to expect that the average dick would be around 6.75" BPEL. That's my personal measurement, so does that make me 'big' now?

Also interesting to note that 450g, the traction weight they used in order to obtain a flaccid stretched measurement, is exceeded to 600-900g to induce growth when using a penis extender. 6 months of extending at 6 hours a day resulted in 1.7cm of length gains in the BJUI study below. People looking for the mode of action for penis enlargement simply need to know that traction over time = gradual deformation of tunica tissue and ligament stretching, and therefore length gains. It's similar to other parts of the body which can be grown in that manner, such as stretched necks, lower lips and ear lobes among African tribes.

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1464-410X.2008.08083.x/full

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Penis length, I'm content with it. I'm way above average, at any rate. Penis girth - fuck knows, I've never once really felt the urge to measure. Time to ejaculation is waaay higher than average. Female orgasm, again, higher than average. And my first time was at 18.

ITT: People exaggerate on the internet.

Or: WhitneyHoustonD/emandsTicketStubs.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom