• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community Thread: Green Hills and Laughing Iizukas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw this as an avatar at Retro.

m3k.png

If only.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Which one do I toss into the garbage? I found DmC for $20 new at a local shop. I wanted to try Conception because a few JGAF people told me it was actually good.

dsc00510gdp8h.jpg

Which one, specifically, are you talking about? I don't see any new ones in Gaming...

I'll admit Gaikai for PS3 BC is, well, kinda awful, and I don't like the idea of anti-used games in any console (since a large part of my library is pre-owned); is it one of those? Or is it the touch pad on the PS4 controller, which for some reason the people in Sonic Retro are up in arms over (I don't get it, myself; surely more inputs isn't a bad thing)?
Uh, I know we have some people from Retro in this thread, so I have to wonder why this is a bad thing. Thanks to the Vita, I love touch pads. I think more devices need 'em.

They're really using Gaikai for PS3 BC? So... I can't use my discs or anything or what? I'm so confused.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
GAF's going to go down again. I can feel it.

Bomba price for DmC; I don't feel as bad. Conception is exactly what you think it is. Apparently it's good? I dunno.

Nocturnowl said:
Keep Conception and post your findings as you progress, it can only be fun times, for the rest of us to hear that is.
I can only imagine the Love Plus-esque times I'll have with the game.

Uh, I know we have some people from Retro in this thread, so I have to wonder why this is a bad thing. Thanks to the Vita, I love touch pads. I think more devices need 'em.
Okay, I suppose "the folks at Retro" is too broad, but yeah, I definitely saw some people saying literally every thing you could do with a touch pad or touch input would be done better with a button or an analog stick; even things like pinch-and-zoom from smart phones. I can't say as I agree, per se; it's not like your current standard of a D-Pad, ten buttons and two sticks (which can also act as buttons) is going anywhere, so why not roll with it?

Sciz

I've never been less interested in an upcoming generation. When everything looked the same at E3, I figured developers were holding their interesting new stuff close to their chests, but nope.

Knack looked nice. I love character-based games, so it's great that Mark Cerny's going back to that kind of game. (Well, I suppose Uncharted was character based, as Nathan Drake's certainly a character, but eh.)

The sculpting software also looked great, but since I would have to buy a Move peripheral that I have no interest in purchasing otherwise, I doubt I'd be able to use it.

The rest of the conference didn't do anything to "wow" me. Closest that came to it was Capcpom's deep down thingy - the lighting in that was pretty nice. Everything else basically looked like current generation software; nothing that compelled me to drive over to Gamestop and pre-order one.

I'll probably be getting a PS4 at some point, but consider me a skeptic right now.

This was a show about vision, about Sony saying "we're gonna try and fucking nail everything we set out to do". Third parties on board, indie developers, internal studios, online vision... this was Sony setting the table with their best china.

We just gotta hope the main course is worthwhile. I think it will be- the developers paraded out today were Sony's B-team, your Guerillas and Sucker Punchs. Nice to see JAPAN Team continuing its march of making quirky little things (Tokyo Jungle, Puppeteer and now Knack), but we still have so much left to go. Naughty Dog, Santa Monica, Mm, Polyphony, Team Siren...

Oh, and The Witness looked incredible.

Watch Dogs and inFamous Second Sons are two games that I feel that I have to play. That's already two more than the Wii has shown me.
Watch_Dogs is basically guaranteed to be a Wii U game. So really, inFamous Second Sons is the only of those two you wouldn't find anywhere else.

(I thought it didn't look that interesting, tbh. Didn't help that it was obviously a cutscene instead of gameplay. At least Watch_Dogs had that - first I've bothered looking into it, looks kinda nice.)

Noi

This was a show about vision, about Sony saying "we're gonna fucking nail everything we set out to do". Third parties on board, indie developers, internal studios, online vision... this was Sony setting the table with their best china.

We just gotta hope the main course is worthwhile. I think it will be- the developers paraded out today were Sony's B-team, your Guerillas and Sucker Punchs. Nice to see JAPAN Team continuing its march of making quirky little things (Tokyo Jungle, Puppeteer and now Knack), but we still have so much left to go. Naughty Dog, Santa Monica, Mm, Polyphony, Team Siren...

Oh, and The Witness looked incredible.

That's one thing I noticed. I mean hell, they had Blizzard at a console event, The Witness debuting on PS4 and Bungie at a Sony prezzer with a Master Chief in it's office footage. You could say that last one to any Bungie fan 10 years ago and they wouldn't believe you.

That's one thing I noticed. I mean hell, they had Blizzard at a console event, The Witness debuting on PS4 and Bungie at a Sony prezzer. You could say that last one to any Bungie fan 10 years ago and they wouldn't believe you.

Whoever is handling third-party relations at Sony nowadays deserves a fucking raise, because having the smarts to say "OK, soon as Bungie unveils their game, they need to be on our stage before MS's" and actually making that happen is unfuckingreal.

Shame the excitement of the Blizzard reveal was dampened by it being for an old game people hate, rather than, say, Titan.

AND tell everybody they moneyhatted some exclusive Destiny content

So yeah, promises promises. Gotta a long road ahead until Holiday 2013...E3 HAS to be more interesting than last year, at any rate

AND tell everybody they moneyhatted some exclusive Destiny content

So yeah, promises promises. Gotta a long road ahead until Holiday 2013...E3 HAS to be more interesting than last year, at any rate

Well even if Sony drop the ball there'll still be Tokyo's new Mario game plus Smash so I'll be happy either way.

Sony hosting an event like this in the middle of February doesn't make E3 look too important, though, does it?

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Well, I was impressed. It seemed better-paced than Sony's usual conferences for the most part. Here's a game, here's another game, here's another game, etc.

Watch_Dogs is something I want. A lot.

Don't get me started on Square Enix. I said what I needed to say in IRC. I think what I want to say about them goes without saying.

7101670159300673309bpejv.jpg

These just keep getting weirder
I miss the Newgrounds ads.

BlackJace

I was decently impressed.

Need to hear about the online and the actual design of the console. (Which is quite odd that they did not touch on either of these)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom