• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community Thread: Green Hills and Laughing Iizukas

Status
Not open for further replies.
...so yeah, 5 minutes before the conference started, some idiot decided to make a bomb threat and the campus closed down, so I'm stuck in my room for the next two days. What happened?

...so yeah, 5 minutes before the conference started, some idiot decided to make a bomb threat and the campus closed down, so I'm stuck in my room for the next two days. What happened?

NkN3Edw.jpeg

BHZ Mayor

Every single next gen rumor so far has made me cringe. If any of this stuff turns out true, it's looking like Wii U(after price drop/3D Mario)/PC next gen. Guess we'll know something more concrete later today, but it's not looking good.

Never been so happy to eat some crow. Now if multiplayer remains free and the system is reasonably priced, Sony may have earned a purchase. Especially by starting off the games with a non-typical-AAA game and showing a new Infamous.

BHZ Mayor

There's another known (I guess) PS3 youtube troll that I thought everyone was talking about at first. Older than this guy and I think his stuff was angrier in tone. Anyone know who I'm talking about?

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I want to know what elpresador thinks too.

Need all the old crew to tell me what they think. (Shit, remember when YouTube was new?)

There's another known (I guess) PS3 youtube troll that I thought everyone was talking about at first. Older than this guy and I think his stuff was angrier in tone. Anyone know who I'm talking about?
elpresador?

He dumped his PS3 during the hack.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6a4b7u6NyTw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFiU6iORGsc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANfFI07O5DQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjbKwK7uvog
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8lWy1oCLjc
http://youtu.be/EMc22_ZvBQc

I was excited enough to see he was working on a platformer starring Crash Bandicoot transforming into Ganondorf

Hell yeah you were! I do wish the Knack trailer was better edited, seemed a bit dodgy and the voice-acting is pretty lame, but hopefully it's still early days yet. Don't make it a launch game if you don't need to.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Sonic was never going to be at that event anyway (outside of Mark Cerny).

Last night was all about the west--from the architecture of the system to a lot of the games announced there (outside of Capcom/SE -- but those companies care so much about westernization that it's hard to separate them now! :p).

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
My point was that unless you're super only into mobile or PC gaming (which given this thread, I doubt it), there should be other things to occupy one's mind :p
Maybe they're waiting for all the next gen systems to be announced and then they'll finally announce a Sonic game. I dunno.

Little did you know Sonic Generations was a celebration and a final farewell to the Sonic series

RIP Sonic
At least it ended on a high note.

The highs -> Transition to 3D -> Stuff in the middle -> Lowest Point Ever -> Redemption

BlackJace

My point was that unless you're super only into mobile or PC gaming (which given this thread, I doubt it), there should be other things to occupy one's mind :p

I was all over the PS4 hype yesterday. I popped in 3&K the other day and was yearning for some more of our blue hedgehog
No news is good news. Means they're taking their time instead of rushing that shit out like they did in the mid-00s.

True.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
So about this:

It's the morning after the night before, and Sony Worldwide Studios president Shuhei Yoshida has just confirmed to us that current-generation PSN titles won't transfer across to the PlayStation 4. The company admitted last night that PS3 games wouldn't be compatible with the latest console, but has added that it will try to make titles playable "in some form." Because the architecture of the Power-PC-based PS3 and x86-based PlayStation 4 are so different, Sony will only bring across games that don't guzzle the latest console's power in emulation. The executive also said that the company aims to offer server-side and cloud services to offer a wider library of older games, but said that's one for the "longer term."

I don't like it. Granted, I didn't buy a lot of digital content on PSN in the first place (I don't think), but it's got me thinking about the state of my 80 GB BC PS3. I'd have to hold onto it, or eventually buy a slim whenever it (God forbid; *knocks on wood*) conks out. Hm. Unless they make it so that you can just redownload PS4 versions of the programs for free if you have the PS3 version already (because the purchases are tied to your account).

I'm OK with the lack of BC because I understand why this had to be the case. The architecture had to change, and although the drawback hits us hardest I think it'll result in better performance overall. No more Bayonettas or Skyrims.

That said... I own a LOT of downloaded games. :/

Most of my downloaded games were PS1 titles. I sincerely doubt that those will never be available to transfer over at some point.

Those will make the leap, I mean fuck they're being emulated anyways right? But I don't have too many of them, just the Crashes, Spyros, Rayman and Toy Story 2 (and God Hand from the PS2 selection).

It's my PS3 downloads that's the bitch:

The Walking Dead
Jet Set Radio
NiGHTS into Dreams
Tokyo Jungle
Journey
inFamous 2
de Blob 2
Darksiders
Just Cause 2
WipEout HD Fury
R&C Quest for Booty
Jak Trilogy
Sly Trilogy
Pixeljunk Eden
Sonic CD
Monster World IV
Pac-Man Championship Edition DX

I've only had my PS3 since November 2010 so I think that's a fair amount of purchases. Think my PS3 will be sticking around long into the future. Who knows, maybe Gaikai will turn out to be all right for that stuff...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom