• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony's Jim Ryan wants "hundreds of millions" of people to have access to PlayStation titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Sony Interactive Entertainment head Jim Ryanwants "hundreds of millions" of people playing the games PlayStation and its roster of developers makes, and he's noted that there’s a poor chance that dream will become a reality if PlayStation limits its products to its own hardware alone.
“I would [...] like to see a world where the games that we make at PlayStation can be enjoyed by many tens of millions of people," he said in the interview. "Perhaps hundreds of millions of people. Right now success with the current console model, a really great PlayStation hit you’re talking ten or 20 million people being able to play that game.
"And I think some of the art that our studios are making is some of the finest entertainment that has been made anywhere in the world. And to kind-of gate the audience for the wonderful art, wonderful entertainment that our studios are making... to gate the audience for that at 20 or 30 million frustrates me. I would love to see a world where hundreds of millions of people can enjoy those games."

Hudo

Nothing new here. We knew for quite a while that Jim Ryan is pursuing a "Playstation-as-a-service" business model.

[Sigma]

whatyearisit-cardiac.gif

AREYOUOKAY?

Okay then print more physical games and tell other companies making games on your system to do the same so they aren't impossible to find. The Xbox and Playstation sections in Best Buy, Target, Walmart or any other similar stores have become barren wastelands with only poor quality games available instead of the good stuff. Though if you and Microsoft really want to force me to go digital only with your games then do more Steam ports because that's the only place where I'll do it.

Kakax11

Banned
You take that back! The last guardian was great!

Oh your brain didn't die from the broken controls, jumping, hanging mechanics not to mention the wild motion-blur?? no wonder it never entered the top PS4 weekly sales the 2nd week it was out, Sony never mentioned it in anything a month after release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom