• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Space Dandy |OT| We're up all night to... ASK D-N-A... again, baby!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheChits

I still can't believe toonami is getting this. It is so close now
AU7Amsc.gif

LayLa

that x on his chin really bugs me for some reason, the rest looks ok
wakanim is a rubbish site do i really have to use it :/

ezekial45

Banned
lol at the idea of watching the english dub. I'm not even gonna try.
Oh, come on. English dubs have been pretty great lately. In a number of cases, the English dubs for some Anime are superior to the original. Cowboy Bebop, being the notable example.

Honestly, this one is sounding pretty stellar too.

So hyped for this. Mushroom Samba every week sounds amazing. And I had no idea it had so much other cool talent aside from Watanabe.

Man this is gonna be massive for Toonami.

Watching it first in English on Toonami is going to be an incredible experience, dunno why you'd want to wait at worst just watch both

Crocodile

Damn nice job on on the OP duckroll :)

I'm super looking forward to this. Since the show will be airing first on Toonami, everybody who gets Cartoon Network should swing by the Toonami Community thread to discuss it with us ASAP :)

Yeah but that was made by some crummy studio no-one likes. BONES can afford animation, from time to time.

Akko is not pleased :(

lol at the idea of watching the english dub. I'm not even gonna try.

Nice to see sub-elitism is still alive and well :/

I can't even find a Sentai Filmworks anime that they localized that I'd want to watch dub or sub, what big series did they dub that I'm missing?

dumbyugi

I'm looking foward to this quite a bit. Not setting my expectations too high though, I don't think I've actually liked anything Watanabe has done since Bebop.

This is Funimation, name the last bad Funimation dub you heard

It's not that recent but Ouran Highschool Host Club was awful. A lot of their recent dubs have been fairly mediocre. Not awful but not what I would consider good either.

Clov

This is Funimation, name the last bad Funimation dub you heard

The last thing I watched dubbed from them was Black Lagoon, which was pretty good. Most of their releases don't appeal to me, so I haven't heard any of their latest dubs.

However, Funi isn't the entire North American anime industry. For every nice dub that Fun I can take their time with, there's plenty of awful coming from elsewhere. Good dubbing definitely exists, but to say that lately we've had plenty of great ones just seems silly to me.

Edit: For those who want an example of a terrible dub by Sentai ruining a great show, look at Kids on the Slope

Dereck

Oh, come on. English dubs have been pretty great lately. In a number of cases, the English dubs for some Anime are superior to the original. Cowboy Bebop, being the notable example.

Honestly, this one is sounding pretty stellar too.

Nice to see sub-elitism is still alive and well :/

Come on some dubs can be great. Cowboy Bebop's dub is dumb iconic at this point and virtually the definitive version of the series.
Now I have to watch the english dub.

The last thing I watched dubbed from them was Black Lagoon, which was pretty good. Most of their releases don't appeal to me, so I haven't heard any of their latest dubs.

However, Funi isn't the entire North American anime industry. For every nice dub that Fun I can take their time with, there's plenty of awful coming from elsewhere. Good dubbing definitely exists, but to say that lately we've had plenty of great ones just seems silly to me.

And I can say it's silly to say that just because Sentai filmworks can't dub worth shit doesn't mean that most dubs haven't been good in the past several years. I honestly can't think of the last time I watched a dubbed anime and thought "wow this dub is bad" either on Toonami or on DVD. Bleach by Viz is probably the only anime dub I watch that's consistently ehh since it's obvious half the cast is phoning it in, but then again it's Bleach so <_<

Mistle

This and Kill La Kill are the first anime's i've been even slightly interested in since FMA: Brotherhood.

Kill la Kill is fun ultimately seems pretty hollow. Hopefully this ends up great (I won't judge on trailers....)

And I can say it's silly to say that just because Sentai filmworks can't dub worth shit doesn't mean that most dubs haven't been good in the past several years. I honestly can't think of the last time I watched a dubbed anime and thought "wow this dub is bad" either on Toonami or on DVD. Bleach by Viz is probably the only anime dub I watch that's consistently ehh since it's obvious half the cast is phoning it in, but then again it's Bleach so <_<
Don't blame their crappy performances on the show! You know I love Bleach ;__;

This and Kill La Kill are the first anime's i've been even slightly interested in since FMA: Brotherhood.

Kill la Kill is fun ultimately seems pretty hollow. Hopefully this ends up great (I won't judge on trailers....)

You could check out Attack on Titan since lapsed anime fans seem to like that, but you may find it hollow as well.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search

Edit: For those who want an example of a terrible dub by Sentai ruining a great show, look at Kids on the Slope

Actually... Funimation basically IS the entire NA anime industry at this point.

Dresden

Do we really need a dub vs sub argument here? We'll get both. Good times for fans, listen to what you want. So on and so forth.

Clov

Actually... Funimation basically IS the entire NA anime industry at this point.

Well, in terms of big titles on home media, they're definitely the biggest. Personally I'd argue that Crunchyroll is now more important, but that would be getting too off-topic.

As for Space Dandy, it looks great! I'll be watching it as soon as it's out. Not sure what language I'll go with first, but I'll give both a go I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom