• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Space Dandy |OT| We're up all night to... ASK D-N-A... again, baby!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yonafunu

Hopefully he doesn't just do one scene in ep1 and disappear forever again. >_<

I'm hoping this'll be more like Soul Eater, where he actually did quite a bit, but I'm not counting on it. I'm expecting some OP animation, the token ep1 action scene, and some climax action scenes in the endgame. If we're lucky there'll be some big scene he does somewhere in the middle.

That's the yutapon way!

Witchfinder General

punched Wheelchair Mike
Having just finished re-watching Cowboy Bebop on blu-ray this doesn't seem to come close to matching the quality of the animation. Then again nothing does. I'm guessing the budget on this is a lot smaller.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Is it typical for a show's dubbed episodes to be released in the west along side raw episodes aired in Japan?

Great way to kick off 2014 anime and a pretty unprecedented(?) step forward for Toonami as a whole with it airing in North America before Japan. This will certainly get me tuning in every week.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Great way to kick off 2014 anime and a pretty unprecedented(?) step forward for Toonami as a whole with it airing in North America before Japan. This will certainly get me tuning in every week.

A simulcast on this scale is unprecedented. So happy Toonami is back. So hyped for Dandy.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
So dub is only available on Toonami? Guess that leaves the sub as my only option. Oh well. Can't wait!!!!

ezekial45

Banned

Toonami has been performing pretty well after its revival, and seeing it land such a deal like this is pretty excellent.

Honestly, AS reviving Toonami was probably the best thing they've done in years for the program.

Cwarrior

Space dandy per air special

Ok that was fucking awful, 10 mins of dumb by the number boob/fanservice talk(I've heard this boobvsbum speech dozen times already this year alone) and fan service shots,those 10mins lasted forever, completely unfunny and unpleasant to watch, I hope the show isn't anything like this if it is, then may god help us all.

Duckroll and Watanabe may have let us down once again.

-entire thing lacked energy, the robot & ferret come off really dull in the japanese version i watched(2/3 of the main cast), that doesn't sound good for the show I already can't imagine how these three cast members are going to carry this show for 24/26 episode when they couldn't do it for 10mins in this special.

+Positive are the character design for dandy and ferret are excellent and the homer Simpson mobile looking space ship is cool it even has motor bike handles.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Don't pay me any mind eravulgaris. I don't watch enough anime to be familiar with the staff involved.

Jacob

Well, that's not good to hear...

Would like some other impressions though. When has Watanabe let us down before, exactly?

Kids on the Slope was good -- the musical performances are frequently awesome -- but it had severe pacing problems and I personally found the teen drama to be grating for how dense it required the characters to act (even though one could argue this is more realistic).

Seda

I hope some of you consider joining us in the ToonamiGAF thread for the premier. Watching Toonami live with GAF is a lot of fun and hilarious and it happens every Saturday night. :)

You should, Toonami GAF has grown to be one of the most enjoyable things I do every weekend, having a large group of people watch an anime for the first time at the same time truly leads to some epic reactions. Check out Toonami GAFs reactions to SAO if you want to see some hilarious stuff

Yep, it's fun. Even watching awful shows is somewhat entertaining for reactions alone. New thread though --> http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=743140

I'll post thoughts in here from time to time too.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
toonamiGAF is a pretty great place to be where everyone loves, except when it comes to FMA and its incarnations, then wars are started.

duckroll

I wonder if it's too early to start cancelling out the Madman streaming information for Australia in the OP.... lol.

duckroll

So, apparently Dai Sato worked on the screenplay for this?

There is a whole bunch of writers working on the show. The first episode is written by Watanabe himself. The official twitter for the show also mentioned that Cowboy Bebop alumni Dai Sato and Keiko Nobumoto wrote 4 episodes each, Scifi writer Toh Enjoe is writing 2 episodes, Ichiro Okouchi and Hayashi Mori are writing an episode each, and Crayon Shin-chan writer Kimiko Ueno is scripting the most episodes in the series.

Because I have an absolutely incredible Anime backlog on the horizon I will just set my DVR for this and catch it later. It looks interesting enough, so the space can be used.

TDLink

Am I correct in assuming that for those in the central time zone the episode is on at 10:30? Or do we have to wait a hour after the debut simulcast for it to roll around for 11:30 for us also?

Squire

Banned
There is a whole bunch of writers working on the show. The first episode is written by Watanabe himself. The official twitter for the show also mentioned that Cowboy Bebop alumni Dai Sato and Keiko Nobumoto wrote 4 episodes each, Scifi writer Toh Enjoe is writing 2 episodes, Ichiro Okouchi and Hayashi Mori are writing an episode each, and Crayon Shin-chan writer Kimiko Ueno is scripting the most episodes in the series.

Impressive.

Fjordson

Am I correct in assuming that for those in the central time zone the episode is on at 10:30? Or do we have to wait a hour after the debut simulcast for it to roll around for 11:30 for us also?
I would guess it's 11:30 for every timezone. That's usually how it works with Adult Swim / Toonami. Have to keep it late night so it doesn't run over the younger kid cartoons.

That being said, this seems like a pretty big event, so maybe it'll be different for Space Dandy.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own

it is 10:30 that is correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom