• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spartacus: War of the Damned - the conclusion of a legendary journey - Fri on Starz

Status
Not open for further replies.
There wasnt so much slow motion in season 1 and gods of the arena if I remember correctly. At least it didnt bother me in those seasons.

there was tons of slowdown in both. the difference was that there was far more exposition and down time between battles in those two seasons, which makes it seem like there's more slow down now.

I don't understand is why don't they go down the
alternative history route, where Spartacus doesn't die... would be interesting and it's not like the show is super serious about keeping to this history books. Apparently real life Spartacus didn't really care about freeing slaves

Dawg

You don't know that.

They never found Spartacus' body. There's quite a few things they can do in the finale with this information

pacman85

Did any of you guys see Stephen DeKnight talking after the first episode? I think it was just a little promo thing on Starz about Spartacus right after the first episode. He makes a comment about how they kinda changed things up for the show compared to what was historically told and that he thinks fans will like it. So, I don't know how much stock we can put in what they think happened.

I think
Spartacus needs to die. He has nothing to live for. His wife is dead, Varro died in S1, Mira died in S2. He's not the type to go into hiding and live out the rest of his days as a hermit or something. He'll die to save the others.

Could have Crixus and Naevia survive, or Nagron. Gannicus is also direction-less but maybe he'll go off with Saxa.

REV 09

Caesar is a boss. I could see him carrying his own show. The episode overall was solid; maybe not as good as the premier.

Mxrz

Just finished the second episode.

Crassus was a bit of a dud. He more or less came off as Glabur light in this episode. His voice even sounded the same at the end. The foreshadowing with the the slave girl, his son, and his wife is a bit obvious.

Caesar was good. Instead of the shrew statesman, he seemed more like the Roman version of Gannicus. He'll probably end up nailing Crassus' wife.

The roman lady was introduced pretty well. Guessing she won't be falling for Spartacus any time soon.

Having Ashur with Caesar would've been something.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Good episode. The siege on the city was really cool.

Caesar sort of left me cold though. He wasn't particularly sympathetic or nuanced (I realize that this is only his first episode, but first impressions are everything!) and I'm not sure if he's really the leading man type. He also doesn't really look how I would have pictured a young Julius Caesar to look. He actually reminded me a lot of Chris Hemsworth in Thor, especially with dat body. BTW, wtf was that woman with the knife doing to him? Was she shaving him and giving him a blow job at the same time or something? lol

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Caesar was awesome. Coming from Rome it's just like BAM, wtf? But I think the writers did a great job presenting a hotheaded youth and future emperor. People are completely different when they are young. Hope they continue to make him into a badass that can hold his own spinoff.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I haven't seen the ep yet, but maybe it was one of those metal things Romans used to clean themselves with?

Maybe? It looked like she was using a knife as a blow job aide or something. She was slicing him and blood was dripping onto the ground and he seemed to like it. Masochistic perhaps?

hamchan

Good episode. The siege on the city was really cool.

Caesar sort of left me cold though. He wasn't particularly sympathetic or nuanced (I realize that this is only his first episode, but first impressions are everything!) and I'm not sure if he's really the leading man type. He also doesn't really look how I would have pictured a young Julius Caesar to look. He actually reminded me a lot of Chris Hemsworth in Thor, especially with dat body. BTW, wtf was that woman with the knife doing to him? Was she shaving him and giving him a blow job at the same time or something? lol

Todd Lasance is also an Australian actor who starred in the same Aussie soap opera that Chris Hemsworth did. Apparently we like that type of guy here.

Clevinger

yeah, not as good as the last ep

Caesar was all right, not really good or bad. Though it was comical when he was starting to tear up because he didn't get command. The knife blowjob was just fuckin weird

Pkaz01

Lmao at the slave girl they showed in the city like all the other slaved are ugly and dirty and there is one hot girl just standing there and when her face lit up like she fell in love when she saw gannicus.. My god the foreshadowing in this show just slaps u in the face sometimes

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
yeah, not as good as the last ep

Caesar was all right, not really good or bad. Though it was comical when he was starting to tear up because he didn't get command. The knife blowjob was just fuckin weird

Man I enjoyed it 10x more than last episode. I think this is one of the best episodes since Gods of the Arena. From the introduction of Caesar, to the undercover city, to storming the city, to introducing the legions. It was all great!

Liam is also winning me over as Spartacus, doing a great job this season. Last season I didn't really like him, but I think that was just me constantly comparing him to Andy. Tough to follow up such an awesome performance and an ingrained image of Spartacus, but he's definitely done it in season 3 so far.

Loving this season way more than the last so far.

Cabaratier

Neo Member
Maybe? It looked like she was using a knife as a blow job aide or something. She was slicing him and blood was dripping onto the ground and he seemed to like it. Masochistic perhaps?

I don't know, I thought it was like a procedure of bloodletting, to get the 'bad humours' out that cause his attacks. His epilepsy will undoubtably play a role this season and his reaction to Crassus' son (that Crassus knew what he was doing but that the kid wasn't ready to know yet) looked like some foreshadowing that he will know soon enough.

Moaradin

Just got around to it. Pretty great episode actually. One of my favorites in a long while. I like Crassus and Caesar, and Liam is winning me over as Spartacus. I thought they nailed the scale pretty well in this episode. Hopefully they can keep it up throughout the season and this might be the best season of Spartacus yet.

REV 09

I thought the girl was shaving Caesar. Considering that he had just asked a girl to shave his beard with a knife.

I actually find this casting/writing of Caesar fascinating, because it's utterly against the usual conventions of his depiction. This young, wild, brawling and emotionally unhinged character is at the opposite end of the spectrum when compared to, say, Ciarán Hinds' role in HBO's Rome. Sure, light years apart in show tone...but...

...I dunno, it's pretty fresh. Looking forward to more.

Munin

The show is now facing the acute danger of relegating a good portion of its proceedings into some inexpensive villa set yet again...sigh.

Is Tiberius in love with his best friend or whats the purpose of that character?

yeah, seems he's romantically involved with the friend.

anyway, good episode I thought. some nice moments where we get a more humane side of spartacus.

caesar was bloody amazing. perfect casting, but what the bloody hell was going on in the scene with the knife.

yeah, seems he's romantically involved with the friend.

anyway, good episode I thought. some nice moments where we get a more humane side of spartacus.

caesar was bloody amazing. perfect casting, but what the bloody hell was going on in the scene with the knife.

I think its a blood letting/cutting fetish. The pain gives him a tingle of pleasure...

Some people like to get off on being cut, I think his inner thigh is his pleasure spot.

And yes, blonde Ceaser was odd.. but w/e

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom