• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spartacus: War of the Damned - the conclusion of a legendary journey - Fri on Starz

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think the blood ritual is done so that before the war you do not get horny and your commitment to war. Due to injury in private area the most amount of attention can be paid to war.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I don't know, I thought it was like a procedure of bloodletting, to get the 'bad humours' out that cause his attacks. His epilepsy will undoubtably play a role this season and his reaction to Crassus' son (that Crassus knew what he was doing but that the kid wasn't ready to know yet) looked like some foreshadowing that he will know soon enough.

Ah, you might be right! I forgot that he had epilepsy, and I also didn't think about bloodletting to get the bad humours out.

Is Tiberius in love with his best friend?

That's the impression that I got!

Blonde Caesar doesn't really sit right with me.

Me neither. He looked very un Caesar-y.

Joni

Blonde Caesar doesn't really sit right with me.

It worked in Asterix & Obelix at the Olympic Games so I can get behind it. And for the moment he looks like an awesome character, and really distinct from the other Romans.

11457647_gal.jpg

I think its a blood letting/cutting fetish. The pain gives him a tingle of pleasure...

Some people like to get off on being cut, I think his inner thigh is his pleasure spot.

And yes, blonde Ceaser was odd.. but w/e

crazy, just crazy, O_O

and I thought blonde caesar was great. it's a lot like varro. his blonde locks were distracting at first too, but they soon grew on me. his son's though. bloody hell. lol.

i think the blood ritual is done so that before the war you do not get horny and your commitment to war. Due to injury in private area the most amount of attention can be paid to war.

bloody hell. O_O

ThreeSixty

December 16, 2009. 4:00 AM. THE LIGHT FIELD is the force. The mind. That guides. Controls.
The lady from Cabin in the Woods was hot. Enjoyed this episode. More than the premiere. Caesar's casting was a bold move. Starting to like Liam as the new Spartacus more than in season 2. I think I'm getting used to the character. I'm loving this season so far but I'm disappointed that it will shortly be coming to an end. One more thing that's important.
The episode 3 trailer shows Spartacus making a deal with pirates. Via the historical record that's when Spartacus's story comes to an end. He's betrayed by the pirates. Cornered by the Romans. Then killed. Body never found. It's far too early to be showing that part of history correct? There's 8 episodes left for Christ's sake. Anyone?

Other than that I'm very much looking forward to episode 3. Roll on more Spartacus.

X-Frame

Was Saxa this hot last year? I don't really remember her. She's always screaming when she's slicing someone up too, haha.

Zzoram

I thought Spartacus using the grain seller's wife to distract him only to kill him was a nice twist. It really emphasizes how ruthless he's become to win against Romans.

Also that knife/blowjob was bizarre. I assume it's not some standard blood letting because Crassus' son said it was strange and bloodletting wouldn't be that strange in that era.

MrHicks

Banned
the fact that many people speculate crassus was the richest person in human history is crazy lol
they really can't do his villa's justice etc cause the sets would kill the shows budget

most of the scenes we see him in a hallway in his house or the inside training area he fought he trained with his slave

Monocle

New Naevia still sucks
I think she's much better. Really sells the Amazon warrior thing for me. In fact, her new mojo is strong enough that at first I didn't recognize her in episode one.

I bet she and Sparty is a thaaaang soon.
If you mean the Roman lady, that would be an interesting way to push the theme of Spartacus losing his principles in his war against Rome. It would also fit with a dramatic turn this season might benefit from: an inversion of the hero/villain dynamic where Spartacus grows too ruthless for his own good and Crassus is portrayed as a sort of noble rival.

Clevinger

I think she's much better. Really sells the Amazon warrior thing for me. In fact, her new mojo is strong enough that at first I didn't recognize her in episode one.

Yeah, she's doing fine for what it is. As much as I preferred the previous actress
looks-wise
, I can't imagine her pulling off this "female version of one of these crazy savage rebels" thing as well.

Kyon

Banned
I'm back guys!

Can't post Nagron gifs atm (Agron+Nasir forever <333)

So umm WTF @ Ceasar's fetish. What EXACTLY was that slave doing to him? O____o

Also is Tiberius the new gay character? The way he EYES his Best Friend is so cute. I don't want to assume :3

I'm back guys!

Can't post Nagron gifs atm (Agron+Nasir forever <333)

So umm WTF @ Ceasar's fetish. What EXACTLY was that slave doing to him? O____o

Also is Tiberius the new gay character? The way he EYES his Best Friend is so cute. I don't want to assume :3

At first, I thought she was shaving his pubes, but the blood kind of put a damper on that theory.

aku:jiki

I always lose track of time when I watch this show, since it's always so densely packed and never lets up... But somehow I seem to constantly forget that one of the things this show does best is to build your excitement without teasing you with a cliffhanger. We pretty much always get to see the huge plot point that the episode excites you for before it ends.

So somehow I was pleasantly surprised that we got to see the storming of the city, while expecting to not see it until next week. Why can't more shows be as good at building excitement and anticipation without relying on a cliffhanger to artifically extend it? This is probably the most satisfying show I've ever seen. Not the best writing or acting, even though both are great, but definitely most satisfying. I don't think any show will ever get me as pumped up as the shield tap did back in season 1.

X-Frame

If you mean the Roman lady, that would be an interesting way to push the theme of Spartacus losing his principles in his war against Rome. It would also fit with a dramatic turn this season might benefit from: an inversion of the hero/villain dynamic where Spartacus grows too ruthless for his own good and Crassus is portrayed as a sort of noble rival.

I can see this happening already. Crassus is my favorite character now and Caesar is also interesting to me. I'm curious to see how he'll handle himself when he first goes up against Spartacus and his friends.

Another great episode. I'm already super into this season.

Still digging all the new characters, (new Caesar? YES PLEASE.) and the storylines are already clicking. (I haven't found any scene or subplot so far to be boring or superfluous.)

I know I've said this before, but I'm really hoping Starz goes forward with the Casear spin-off. They tend to greenlight things early on, and this is still their biggest original property by far, so I hope we hear something soon.

Caesar's a different take and obviously more appropriate for this show's tone. But damn...the haircut...the blonde hair hell no

I like him tho, nobody's topping ciaran anytime soon

New episode tonight:
Men Of Honor

Spartacus considers striking a deal with a band of marauders to ensure his people stay supplied and fed. Crassus son Tiberius makes a bold and fateful decision.

MG310

I feel like they are pushing maybe a touch hard into making Spartacus and his crew horrible perhaps to benefit the Caesar spinoff.

Mxrz

This episode was, I guess, a reminder that Crixus wasn't all that good of a person to begin with. Someone needs to smack Naevia down, too. Agron seemed off, acting like a nut without much thought. They're all coming off a bit unlikealbe, without any of the cool moments of Season 1/arena to make up for it. Gannicus seems to be the only decent one left.

King
Spartacus needs to get all his subordinates in line.

What's the point of having Caesar go with the bratty son, if he's just going to be sent back? It was obvious the kid was going to screw up immediately either way.

Bleh, no new episode next week.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
This episode was, I guess, a reminder that Crixus wasn't all that good of a person to begin with. Someone needs to smack Naevia down, too. Agron seemed off, acting like a nut without much thought. They're all coming off a bit unlikealbe, without any of the cool moments of Season 1/arena to make up for it. Gannicus seems to be the only decent one left.

King
Spartacus needs to get all his subordinates in line.

What's the point of having Caesar go with the bratty son, if he's just going to be sent back? It was obvious the kid was going to screw up immediately either way.

The point is that he fucked up by not having the experienced Caesar there for advice or battle. Sets up Tiberius to fall and Caesar to rise. Probably going to get an earful from daddy and then demoted.

oh and fuck naevia.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
The battle at the end was pretty cool, though it irked me a little to see Tiberius fighting and killing the hardened badass pirates and Spartacus' guys. His ass was immediately whupped by Crassus' sword instructor, yet I'm supposed to believe that he could hold his own against pirates and former gladiators? wut

;__; what

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom