• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man 2 | Preview Thread

sendit

Not sure what you are talking about, all I'm gonna say is Spider Man looks like crap for a next gen game and you will see when you play it.
I agree. I've played better looking games. Mainly Cyberpunk 2077 2.0 on PC. My question to you, what is your baseline for what a next gen game is? What game released outside of Cyberpunk 2077 on the PC with a 4090 is pushing graphical boundaries? The best looking game on current consoles arguable is a cross gen game (Horizon Forbidden West, which I think looks better than Spider Man 2). Additionally, Spider Man 2 is by no means a bad looking game.

Last edited:

sendit

The opening of this game is insane !! It is that type of thing wich screams next-gen ! the scale alone shows that this is only possible to do in the PS5 ! I was expecting a good sequel but this may be something else 🔥
Skimmed through it. Even with the incredibly low quality footage, it looks absolutely amazing. Very dense and a ton of shit going on.

Terenty

I agree. I've played better looking games. Mainly Cyberpunk 2077 2.0 on PC. My question to you, what is your baseline for what a next gen game is? What game released outside of Cyberpunk 2077 on the PC with a 4090 is pushing graphical boundaries? The best looking game on current consoles arguable is a cross gen game (Horizon Forbidden West, which I think looks better than Spider Man 2). Additionally, Spider Man 2 is by no means a bad looking game.
I don't know whether you managed to watch that review before it got removed, there was plenty of footage in it, and again I'm not trolling, but the game doesn't look any better than the first one and in some places is downright ugly.

As for what I think looks great, Cyberpunk, BG3, Atomic Heart, Death Stranding and Rdr 2 till this day.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Just checked, SM1 Remaster w/ all DLC is 54 gigs

And 2 is 90? 😂

Welcome to the new gen. Imagine having limited bandwidth nowadays. Regardless if you’re all digital or not.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
lol at anyone thinking this wouldn't be a GOTY contender, Insomniac/PlayStation 1st party *always* delivers the goods.
The first spiderman is an 87 on metacritic that's practically trash tier nowadays. Miles Morales is an 85 that's a Forza Motorsport level failure that derails a hype train forever.

Fredrik

Guess I can help with this one as well.

Awesome thanks! Never played the first one but loved Miles Morales, no Spidey fatique for me yet. Looks like it’ll be like Miles but bigger on action set pieces. Works for me! The first boss fight could’ve been in a God of War game, insane scale, love it.
Minor criticism. Kinda tired of big groups or regular enemies when many just stand there waiting for their turn, would be better to have less enemies with more aggression instead. But the action seems cool and spectacular. This will review well. 8s and 9s and 10s.

Just checked, SM1 Remaster w/ all DLC is 54 gigs

And 2 is 90? 😂

Welcome to the new gen. Imagine having limited bandwidth nowadays. Regardless if you’re all digital or not.
Limited bandwith is a problem created by the owner of the line. In this day and age, broadband is readilty available in all but third world countries.

A non-issue.

NEbeast

I don't know whether you managed to watch that review before it got removed, there was plenty of footage in it, and again I'm not trolling, but the game doesn't look any better than the first one and in some places is downright ugly.

As for what I think looks great, Cyberpunk, BG3, Atomic Heart, Death Stranding and Rdr 2 till this day.
You're trolling.
u mad bro troll GIF

Tagging you boys here Draugoth Draugoth Nankatsu Nankatsu . The review embargo for Spider-Man 2 drops Monday, October 16 at 3pm BST, 7am PDT, 10am EDT so it will be awesome to have the review thread to hype check the GAF community on this big PlayStation release a few days prior to the reviews dropping. Hopefully you'll agree with my sentiment here and if you guys can't do it I'll be glad to help out however much I can, just lmk.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Tagging you boys here Draugoth Draugoth Nankatsu Nankatsu . The review embargo for Spider-Man 2 drops Monday, October 16 at 3pm BST, 7am PDT, 10am EDT so it will be awesome to have the review thread to hype check the GAF community on this big PlayStation release a few days prior to the reviews dropping. Hopefully you'll agree with my sentiment here and if you guys can't do it I'll be glad to help out however much I can, just lmk.

I'm still busy with the OT. Plan on having the game's OT up, at maximum, on Friday. If someone else could create the OT review thread, I would much appreciate, please.

Spider-Man GIF

Draugoth

Gold Member

I'm still busy with the OT. Plan on having the game's OT up, at maximum, on Friday. If someone else could create the OT review thread, I would much appreciate, please.

Spider-Man GIF

Luckily i can make the review thread and edit it on monday.

Last edited:
I wonder how they'll market Venom in China considering his important role in Spider-Man 2. For reference, here's these meme posters which were part of the official marketing for the first movie there lol.

7cvebg98atr51.jpg
v4w09f68atr51.jpg
7cvebg98atr51.jpg
p9rjrr78atr51.jpg

Top Bottom