• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

Durden77

Sweet managed to get the V-Reversal mission before it reset. Haven't gotten much time to play latley. Excited for the next batch tomorrow.

They really need to have a better way of telling you when new missions show up. They're one of the coolest parts of the game right now and I bet a lot of people don't even know they exists.

Game needs a better notification system in general really, especially with it's currency based system.

JayEH

Sweet managed to get the V-Reversal mission before it reset. Haven't gotten much time to play latley. Excited for the next batch tomorrow.

They really need to have a better way of telling you when new missions show up. They're one of the coolest parts of the game right now and I bet a lot of people don't even know they exists.

Game needs a better notification system in general really, especially with it's currency based system.

each time you load the game it shows you the current missions you haven't done.

Durden77

each time you load the game it shows you the current missions you haven't done.

Oh does it? What if the game is already loaded but you just have to reconnect to the network aka PS4 in sleep mode? Because that's what I did today, I didn't notice that and I haven't connected since the V-Skill mission I don't think, but maybe I just missed it.

There's been people reporting that besides Necalli losing the top of his CPT alt, that Urien can lose part of his tunic from his Battle Costume alt, and that Chun-Li can take off her sarong from her swimsuit. And all of these seem to happen in between rounds of a fight, as opposed to at the beginning.

So are these glitches? Or is there some sort of costume damage mechanic that's been added that we don't know about?

I'm gonna need to see the receipts.
Here's the Necalli one, which has the most evidence supporting it:
rP6Ythu.jpg
You can watch a video of it here. This is the replay code: 4AC49C30F, which would presumably mean it's not a mod.

Here's the Chun-Li pic:
There's nothing else I could find about it, so it might be a mod, but the way it was being talked about made it seem like it's not.

No images of the Urien tunic thing, just another person mentioning they've seen it.

You can read about all this in the two Reddit threads regarding it. (#1) (#2)

Interesting to note that all these supposed costume variants are for premium outfits.

vulva

I feel so stupid when I try to use Cammy. I have no idea how to properly approach people. I just kind of throw out moves and hope for the best.
Might be because I've never really used Cammy in any game besides MvC2

If they have a fireball, wait for a chance to use vskill. Even if it doesn't hit you're safe on block. You just want to be in their face since you can just go to a bunch of strings and throw traps. Otherwise just let them come to you since you have tons of defensive options with her (her anti airs are great between his stand fierce (or crouch fierce, which ever is the fist pump) and uppercut), you can poke okay but that's not her forte. Basically you just want a chance to be in their face whether you're the one who pressed it or not. Then after that you can go as hard as you want, just don't get too predictable with the same timing.

vulva

Nah. Low stun and low health makes her much harder to use. Ryu gets more play than the rest of the roster combined for a reason.

Ryu's a character that needs to constantly adjust to spacing. Cammy just needs to get in someone's face. That alone makes her infinitely easier for someone new to play her correctly.

Low stun isn't even close to a reason for why a character might be hard to learn.

KingBroly

Banned

You can watch a video of it here. This is the replay code: 4AC49C30F, which would presumably mean it's not a mod.

Here's the Chun-Li pic:

There's nothing else I could find about it, so it might be a mod, but the way it was being talked about made it seem like it's not.

No images of the Urien tunic thing, just another person mentioning they've seen it.

Interesting to note that all these supposed costume variants are for premium outfits.

It's a mod of her Swimsuit costume, FYI

It's a mod of her Swimsuit costume, FYI
I'm not doubting there is a mod for it, but the post in the reddit thread was...
Chun's skirt bottom on her swimsuit outfit comes off sometimes too. Usually in game 3 of a set. Was this a game 3?
So perhaps it's possible it can happen via design (or glitch) too.

And the Necalli one almost certainly isn't a mod.

DR2K

Banned
Ryu's a character that needs to constantly adjust to spacing. Cammy just needs to get in someone's face. That alone makes her infinitely easier for someone new to play her correctly.

Low stun isn't even close to a reason for why a character might be hard to learn.

She requires knowing frame traps, all her specials are unsafe. Getting in isn't as simple as using her vskill.

Low health AND low stun would be a problem especially for newer players. It means you're not allowed to make as many mistakes. Newer players also tend to like hugging the corner of the screen and zoning. Cammy has no access to that.

Is Cammy hard to use? No, not really. Easiest character to use? that's disingenuous misinformation at best.

KingBroly

Banned
I'm not doubting there is a mod for it, but the post in the reddit thread was...

So perhaps it's possible it can happen via design (or glitch) too.

And the Necalli one almost certainly isn't a mod.

If it happened after a round loss for Chun, then MAYBE they're going to add battle damage for costumes and this is like step 1 of it. They seem to add this stuff in phases for some reason.

EDIT - I'd say Laura has the lowest skill floor in the game, despite her being a bit unconventional.

vulva

She requires knowing frame traps, all her specials are unsafe. Getting in isn't as simple as using her vskill.

Low health AND low stun would be a problem especially for newer players. It means you're not allowed to make as many mistakes. Newer players also tend to like hugging the corner of the screen and zoning. Cammy has no access to that.

Is Cammy hard to use? No, not really. Easiest character to use? that's disingenuous misinformation at best.

She requires knowing like 3 strings and how to throw.

All of ryu's specials are unsafe too so I don't get your point there (cammy's divekick isn't unsafe btw)

New players that go for zoning will instantly get jumped in on and beaten since they don't know spacing. Cammy doesn't care about spacing since you just get in with her and try to stay in their face, which is a very beginner friendly tactic (to just go in).

If they play like a complete idiot with either character, health and stun won't be the deciding factor of them learning, so I don't get you bringing up that kind of information. Ultimately it comes down to who has the simplest gameplan to succeed and Ryu's definitely more complicated in that regard.

If it happened after a round loss for Chun, then MAYBE they're going to add battle damage for costumes and this is like step 1 of it. They seem to add this stuff in phases for some reason.
I guess we'll see.

Anything that adds some more variety of the costumes is definitely welcome. People flipped their lid for loincloth Urien, so including more Easter eggs like that is a smart idea IMO.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member

Here's the Chun-Li pic:

I posted about this earlier:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=218286752&highlight=#post218286752
Hellpockets mentioned seeing it in person.

KingBroly

Banned
One thing I wish Versus CPU had, and it's what DOA5 does. If I choose Random Stage/Opponent, and then I choose to play again, it needs to give me a new opponent/stage. That feature in DOA5 is so damn good for casual gaming. IIRC it gives you random costumes too, or at least gives you the choice to.

Nah, Cammy's way easier to use

Nah she's very easy to zone her as she can be very hard to get in with as oppose to characters like Nash who has tons of meaty, frame traps and zoning tools.

Playing her in Casual required a lot more work than the other characters.

Farewell

Anyone got tips what to do vs a zoning urien, can't do shit as birdie, it's like fighting a guile. I can't do bull revenger because of the recovery.
i've no problems vs zoning ryus though.

Respect to all zangief players who have a much harder time vs zoning.

Cammy is incredibly easy to use but she is also one of the toughest characters to "git gud" with IMO since fuck ups in offense can be blocked and/or punished much more consistently at higher level. A single execution error into a special leads to fairly hefty damage every time so you can't really play YOLO with her.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
I love it when you start an Aegis combo in a way you aren't used to, and so you just press buttons until the launcher (and it somehow works):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jvt5iH28jJ0

It almost looks like I knew what I was doing.
Yup. That's an Aegis combo.

The nice thing is that his medium buttons are all pretty solid when it comes to bouncing before the launcher. F.mp or cr.mp for spacing if need be and you're golden.

LakeEarth

Yeah I think the optimal Aegis combos will be the ones where you can sneak the most amount of standing fierces into it.

It's kinda interesting that the first and second Aegis have different combo properties. Like you can combo off an EX tackle only with Aegis #1 but not #2. Without the v-trigger activation freeze, the opponent is already flown past the second Aegis before it becomes active.

Top Bottom