• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

Kashiwaba

Someone rage quit on me in a lobby match, now i've seen everything.
I was playing with a friend yesterday in a lobby and during the fight it disconnected and said opponent connection lost but when we returned to lobby both of us were still there when i texted him he said it said opponent connection lost too so i guess Capcom is blaming their incompetence on other people internet connection now lol.

stn

Who would you say is the single easiest character to play? Factor in execution and the ease at which you can initiate the character's gameplan. What about the hardest character to play?

From my research I've concluded its Necalli and Dhalsim. Accurate? Thanks.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
So Aegis has no start-up? Can you make -2 moves safe with it then?

Who would you say is the single easiest character to play? Factor in execution and the ease at which you can initiate the character's gameplan. What about the hardest character to play?

Definitely not Dhalsim. And Necalli has charge moves, so that's entirely up to the player.

I'd say Ryu's the easiest (he has every tool a good fighting game character could want plus low execution barrier and simple, high-damage confirms), with the hardest being either F.A.N.G. or Ibuki. Nothing but respect to people who manage to do super well with those two.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I'm playing against Ryus like they're a bucket of Plutonium, just staying the f away from them. Garbage "everything-links-into-50%-damage" design.

Bob White

if there's one thing that makes me the most upset about SFV is this and this

just turn your brain off and hold up + forward lol, it's like every character has a dr. doom divekick. AA'ing is a hazard in this game (unless you got that 3f AA jab that might as well be invincible)

#MakeAntiAirsGreatAgain

Fucking seriously this. In a game this fucking frantic and momentum based, we need some better fucking anti airs. I really hope they dont see the scrubs crying over and event hubs for nerfing jab AAs as a reason to not buff AAs for the rest of the cast.

Bob White

Easiest is Cammy (back mp is the god anti air)

FANG is the hardest maybe?

Nah, easiest is Birdie. Absolutely basic combos, and basic buttons and Godly Anti Airs with the cr.mp and cr.hp. Allows you to execute your gameplan without having to "think" too much.

FANG and maybe Ibuki are the hardest IMO.

Whales

Banned
GGs Seph!

Was slightly laggy but still playable ( basically like everytime we play). I do wish we could play some flawless matches tho, matches with you are always good training

SephLuis

GGs Whales. How was the connection on your end ? Here it was a bit laggy but playable.

Your Necalli is very good, I just think you need to be a little more aggressive with him. At least, the Necalli players that give me more trouble are always frame trapping. Always.

Whales

Banned
Frame trapping with necalli.. I'll need to read up on that. I always cancel with his stomps but they're like -4 and -2 on block, I can't frametrap with that

I've been trying to find some good necalli videos online but I had some trouble

JayEH

Nah, easiest is Birdie. Absolutely basic combos, and basic buttons and Godly Anti Airs with the cr.mp and cr.hp. Allows you to execute your gameplan without having to "think" too much.

FANG and maybe Ibuki are the hardest IMO.

Yeah I think birdie too. Solid character overall. More people should use him. Balrog is pretty basic too I think. Solid ground game, easy combos.

Frame trapping with necalli.. I'll need to read up on that. I always cancel with his stomps but they're like -4 and -2 on block, I can't frametrap with that

I usually frame trap with his st.mp, cr.mp, st.mk and HK stomp.

SephLuis

Yeah, the guides I use didn't had Necalli. YT also didn't showed much.

Necalli frame traps are scary because if you fall it can lead to big damage and it's difficult to see when it's a real frame trap.

For example, and if I am not mistaken, the light stomp is used in a real frame trap while the heavy one is safe on block. So I have to react quite quickly to see if it's a frame trap or not or else I'm in for an endless rush of attacks.

mbpm1

Jabs to mediums still work when they need to for me.

I.E. keep pressing buttons on my guaranteed meaty setup and give me easy confirms lel

Tripon

We take a lot of things you say with a grain of salt at this point tbh

This one is actually legit because that 'random redditor' is PattheFlip.
https://twitter.com/pattheflip?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author
.eJwFwdENhSAMAMBdGIBWSlJwG4IEzVNKoMYP4-7v7jX3OM1qdtU-V4DtmFnGZqfKSLXYKlLPkvoxbZYLkmrK-1WaTliIkNE7xkgOfYwEjjBw8MhhYRc5EsLdfk2eZnur5vsDBeIi2w.Fy0EV1AgONcCjJGuaq_O5z_NDlw

Top Bottom