• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter VI to be announced next week?

yurinka

In recent Street Fighter events, Capcom reps told us to get hyped about the upcoming Capcom Cup, that recently has replaced with the CPT Season Final, because they were going to reveal more about the future of Street Fighter. The CPT Season Final starts next week, February 17th.

As you may know, the last Street Fighter V character was Luke, who Capcom said will have an important role in the next Street Fighter. Looking at his gameplay trailer, his birthday is February 17th as seen on his gameplay trailer.

FLhad8-XIAMefhx

As you may know, in a leaked Capcom roadmap document Street Fighter 6 appeared as a crossgen multiplatform game scheduled for the last quarter of this year, but considering that the document was from before the covid lockdowns, the game probably has been delayed to 2023, as happened with Pragmata. So it would make sense tto announce it in this February event.

February is a special month for the history of Street Fightter because many Street Fighter games have been released this month, like Street Fighter II The World Warrior, Super Street Fighter II Turbo, Street Fighter Alpha 2, Street Fighter III, Streett Fighter IV, Street Fighter V or Sttreet Fighter V Champion Edition.

And today I noticed something else looking at the official Japanese Street Fighter Twitter account:

FLhXYzRXsAEd5di

Edit: There is a Capcom countdown that ends February 20 at 10:00 p.m. PT, just after the Capcom Pro Tour Season Final (what it would have been after the Capcom Cup finals, where they traditionally placed announcements):

So yes, seems that Street Fighter VI will be announced this week.

Last edited:
In recent Street Fighter events, Capcom reps told us to get hyped about the upcoming Capcom Cup, that recently has replaced with the CPT Season Final, because they were going to reveal more about the future of Street Fighter. The CPT Season Final starts next week, February 17th.

As you may know, the last Street Fighter V character was Luke, who Capcom said will have an important role in the next Street Fighter. Looking at his gameplay trailer, his birthday is February 17th.

FLhad8-XIAMefhx

As you may know, in a leaked Capcom roadmap document Street Fighter 6 appeared as a crossgen multiplatform game scheduled for the last quarter of this year, but considering that the document was from before the covid lockdowns, the game probably has been delayed to 2023, as happened with Pragmata. So it would make sense tto announce it in this February event.

February is a special month for the history of Street Fightter because many Street Fighter games have been released this month, like Street Fighter II The World Warrior, Super Street Fighter II Turbo, Street Fighter Alpha 2, Street Fighter III, Streett Fighter IV, Street Fighter V or Sttreet Fighter V Champion Edition.

And today I noticed something else looking at the Japanese Street Fighter account:

FLhXYzRXsAEd5di
Is it possible for Sony to lock down another iteration of this series again?

yurinka

Is it possible for Sony to lock down another iteration of this series again?
They could do it, but the leaked Capcom internal document listed it as a crossgen multiplatform game. Which means that at least back then Sony didn't lock it down.

And now Capcom is in a great finantial shape, unlike when they greenlighted SFV (they needed money so got moneyhats from Sony, MS and Nintendo back then, and Sony got Street Fighter).

kingfey

Banned
(shrugs) I mean, I certainly liked what I saw.
The animation threw me off. I will check it up again.
I got used to takken 7 art style. When I tried the game for couple matches, I felt something else.

I am redownloading it on steam Now. And see if my eyes were shit, or the problem that I have with it is there.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

amigastar

I hope they show more than just a simple trailer. I want gameplay.
Also a Beta Access for Preorder would be nice.

Last edited:

Ozriel

M$FT
Crossgen…

Bryan Cranston Reaction GIF

I mean, I understand why, but it’s still disappointing nonetheless.

Dude, it’s street fighter. Cross-gen wouldn’t detract from the game one bit.

It’s also getting a PC release on day one, to run on a wide variety of devices…including spinning HDDs. They’d have to be daft to make it next gen only.

SSfox

What is last gen gonna hold back from a street fighter game ?

There will always be things that will hold back, just one example, imagine a stage where it has breakable wall, balcony or floor that will sent you instant into another level, this cannot be done with complex stages with HDD, but with SSD it will make more things possible, high level detailed stages transition s can only be done with fast ssd, or let's say a stage with helicopters or harrier, the more they're close to characters, the more characters will have hair and clothes moving, which can't be done with outdated CPU cores , and that's just few examples.

SSfox

I'll let this here.

"I think people underestimate the impact that almost non-existent load times will have [the SSD]. They will open doors that were previously considered impossible. I don't think we have even scratched the surface as to what will eventually be accomplished with these systems. For me, an improvement in the graphics is taken for granted. But, this new way of handling memory and load will be huge"

Ed Boon, co-creator of Mortal Kombat

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
Hope ends up being a thing.

Want a street fighter experience closer to 4. And perhaps they could go back to sprites to match the draw artwork.

Last edited:

Ozriel

M$FT
There will always be things that will hold back, just one example, imagine a stage where it has breakable wall, balcony or floor that will sent you instant into another level, this cannot be done with complex stages with HDD, but with SSD it will make more things possible, high level detailed stages transition s can only be done with fast ssd, or let's say a stage with helicopters or harrier, the more they're close to characters, the more characters will have hair and clothes moving, which can't be done with outdated CPU cores , and that's just few examples.

This makes no sense.
Aside from the fact that stage transitions are a gimmick, You can leave the more detailed stages in the next gen versions and go with simpler ones in the last gen consoles.

Next gen consoles can also have higher detail, more particles, better hair and better cloth physics, even with a last gen version.

And if you do what FIFA did and not allow cross-generation play, load time differences shouldn’t be an issue either.

Ozriel

M$FT
I'll let this here.

"I think people underestimate the impact that almost non-existent load times will have [the SSD]. They will open doors that were previously considered impossible. I don't think we have even scratched the surface as to what will eventually be accomplished with these systems. For me, an improvement in the graphics is taken for granted. But, this new way of handling memory and load will be huge"

Horizon forbidden west is a cross gen game that has phenomenally low load times on the PS5 compared to the PS4.

beck_

I'll let this here.

He will be able to fully realise his Shang Tsung character, morphing into any available character in milliseconds. Maybe only limited by amount of different inputs you can have to transform!

SSfox

Horizon forbidden west is a cross gen game that has phenomenally low load times on the PS5 compared to the PS4.

You're still only seeing loading times, you are not thinking beyond this, sorry but you seem to not get it at all.

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President

Dead or Alive said hi twenty years ago

That would be great if they announced it, but I don’t know honk they will. Maybe end of the year or early next year possibly?

SSfox

Dead or Alive said hi twenty years ago

Yes but but not with high level details and very different decors.

If you look at PS4 Xbox one gen only Tekken 7 barely touched that idea, but it has to go below 900p on PS5 and to 720p in Xbox one.

SFV touched the idea at the basic level in the hong Kong stage.

There also other things like day night cycles, or real time weather in that we barely see in PS4, Xbox one gen most were just putting two variations of the stages because they couldn't do it other way because of hardware limitations.

Top Bottom