• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suicide Squad GOTY Extended Cut announced

Status
Not open for further replies.
YES, can't wait for this. SS was flawed but I think a "directors cut" can do a lot to improve on it it, just like the superb BvS Ultimate Cut did.

giphy.gif

Man, Michael Shannon was terrific in Man of Steel. It's a shame they had to kill him off after just one movie. One thing DC movies do seem to have over MCU is memorable villains.

RDreamer

I always laugh when I see people say BvS is a masterpiece. Anyone that so much as implies this movie is in the same league as the greatest that cinema has to offer is delusional.
Fuck opinions and subjectivity.

Eh, fine, it's one of the best comic book movies ever, (tied with Watchmen) and one of the better movies around.

guek

Banned
I always laugh when I see people say BvS is a masterpiece. Anyone that so much as implies this movie is in the same league as the greatest that cinema has to offer is delusional.
Fuck opinions and subjectivity.

It's really weird. I only ever see people making such outlandish claims about DC comicbook movies. I mean, TDK I can kinda see even if I'd disagree but BvS or MoS?

It's just bizarre.

I don't care to see it. Almost all of my issues were story choices. It looks and sounds like there were a lot more Harley and Joker backstory scenes cut out, but adding more of that would have just detracted from the plot. In the case of the movie's plot Harley and Joker's backstory is irrelevant.

I would've like to at least seen some cool action sequences and maybe they're in this, but I feel like they would've put them in the theatrical release if there were any.

Sheppard

Hurm. I still feel iffy on this. I know there are rumors that two different cuts were presented to WB and that the Dark and Stormy Ayer version was not picked due to the "Blitzkrieg pop" Version that WB asked for. What version is this?

Somewhere, in another Dark Time Line, there is an R rated, David Ayer version of this movie.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Please remove the damaged tattoo.

Better yet, remove Leto entirely and pretend he didn't exist. Recast Gosling as Joker.

RDreamer

I'll give it "better," but it's far from objectively good.

Trolling needs more nuance.

Now I know you're just screwing around.

That's not a high bar.

It's also not fair to Esienberg.

I'm not trolling. I fucking loved BvS, definitely more than anything in the Marvel camp yet (though GOTG was pretty great). It was one of the most enthralling comic movies I've ever seen. Love everything about it.

DedValve

Banned
wasn't bvs ultimate edition considered a good movie?

Wonderwoman kicked doomsday ass for like 1 minute. That was fucking awesome.

Also her theme song was fucking hype.

So yeah it was a terribly boring and bad movie. But that 1 minute of wonderwoman. Damn.

not hyped for her movie at all btw. And the 3 minute smallville fight of MoS was way better.

JSevere

this par for the course for DC movies now?

I'll still check it out though, there were lots of cool looking clips from the trailers that I wanted to see

Kibbles

Which of the 7 different cuts that Ayer confirmed is this? lol

But for real from what we know a lot was changed outright so while an extended edition is great and should make the character intros a lot better and such I still hope we get a bunch of deleted scenes that show the alternate takes with context.

Excited for this, but keeping expectations in check. Digital version a full month before physical? o_O

Please remove the damaged tattoo.

Better yet, remove Leto entirely and pretend he didn't exist. Recast Gosling as Joker.
You do realize that Goslinn would've had the same exact scenes andwriting and same exact tats and design as Jared right? That was all Ayer not Leto.

I don't care to see it. Almost all of my issues were story choices. It looks and sounds like there were a lot more Harley and Joker backstory scenes cut out, but adding more of that would have just detracted from the plot. In the case of the movie's plot Harley and Joker's backstory is irrelevant.

I would've like to at least seen some cool action sequences and maybe they're in this, but I feel like they would've put them in the theatrical release if there were any.

I do think there's a version of this movie that could've worked where the fairly simple and bland plot of the Squad taking on Enchantress could've served almost as a framing device for various flashbacks about each Squad member that would've played throughout the film, which would carry the real emotional weight of the film.

Certainly would've worked much better than spending the first 45 minutes of the film with an MTV montage of every origin told with as rapid-pacing as possible.

DC Reactive Universe motto
"Lets wait to see why people complain about our shitty movies and then try to fix it on extended cut / next movie"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom