• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suicide Squad GOTY Extended Cut announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kibbles

I hope we get a trailer soon to get a better idea of what this is because the only new footage in that teaser was a couple shots of Harley from that street scene of her confronting Joker.

jobrro

That's weird. I thought they specifically said this wouldn't come.

I enjoyed BvS and the BvS Extended even more, so I am pleased, but if they were going to announce this wouldn't it make more sense way before the disc release, or 6+ months later for profit?

Weird strategy.

That's weird. I thought they specifically said this wouldn't come.

I enjoyed BvS and the BvS Extended even more, so I am pleased, but if they were going to announce this wouldn't it make more sense way before the disc release, or 6+ months later for profit?

Weird strategy.

I believe the BvS Ultimate Cut being very, very successful got them to change their mind. Worth noting BvS UC was rated in December 2015, months before theatrical release. This is the first word on Suicide Squad getting an extended cut.

JB1981

I believe the BvS Ultimate Cut being very, very successful got them to change their mind. Worth noting BvS UC was rated in December 2015, months before theatrical release. This is the first word on Suicide Squad getting an extended cut.

Do we have any sales figures for the BvS extended cut home release ?

Tabby

This movie so divisive.

Every one I know in real life like/love this movie but online people act like this movie made them blind and killed their families.

SpaceWolf

Banned
David Ayer: I can categorically confirm that there will be no upcoming "Director's Cut" of Suicide Squad. There is no other version, no ultimate cut.

Studio:
Yes there is. We want money.

(Pause)

David Ayer:
I can categorically confirm there will be an upcoming "Director's Cut" of Suicide Squad. This is the ultimate version, the ultimate cut.

This movie so divisive.

Every one I know in real life like/love this movie but online people act like this movie made them blind and killed their families.

Didn't you know that it's cool to hate on things on the internets, and that everything is either black or white?

It's really weird. I only ever see people making such outlandish claims about DC comicbook movies. I mean, TDK I can kinda see even if I'd disagree but BvS or MoS?

It's just bizarre.
DC movies have been pretty dark for the past few years. So there are people who think:

Dark = Mature

Mature = Amazing

cyba89

Good thing I avoided this in cinema after all the negative impressions so I can watch the complete cut now (which is probably still bad).

In contrary I will never watch the (maybe better?) BvS extended cut. Saw that film in cinema and don't want to ever see this shit movie again.

Didn't you know that it's cool to hate on things on the internets, and that everything is either black or white?

everything is "divisive". there is never going to be a work (book, art, film, game, whatever) where 100% of people like it.

critical consensus for this movie seems to be it sucked. this matches up with my experience. the film had poor editing: i would see many scenes multiple times, and each time, wishing it would just finish showing the scene, rather than cutting back and forth in an obviously desperate attempt to using editing to fake some story momentum. i know this because i have been editing for 15+ years.

the movie had many other problems. bad writing, lack of cast chemistry, and confusing , poorly-written anatgonists. Waller was convincing only because of the actor. her plan made no sense and the twist that they were actually saving her made no sense.

it was difficult to accept that this was a badass intelligence operative who had total control over all the members of this dangerous squad of killers and yet decides to give the Enchantress's heart -- the only bargaining chip over the main world-threatening villain of the movie -- to her boyfriend. Flag has the same iphone app as Waller but Flag alone controls the Enchantress's heart. this seems extremely dumb on Waller's part.

Hellion

4RnGlN6.gif

deleted scene

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Ironically finally got around to seeing this in theaters since I just also saw BvS (which wasn't nearly as bad as I had heard...although I hated Lex Luthor).

It was an okay movie and I was reasonably entertained but I'm not sure if I'd really want to watch a longer version of a movie that felt a touch too long as it was. I think the meat of the story wasn't incredibly good and I'm not sure how a longer version will fix how much I hate this version of the Joker or how half the squad was less than useless.

More power to those that liked it though!

Extended cut implies that they're adding extra scenes to the theatrical cut. Given rumours of how different the original SS was compared to the theatrical cut, this does not inspire confidence.

Krixeus

Ironically finally got around to seeing this in theaters since I just also saw BvS (which wasn't nearly as bad as I had heard...although I hated Lex Luthor).

It was an okay movie and I was reasonably entertained but I'm not sure if I'd really want to watch a longer version of a movie that felt a touch too long as it was. I think the meat of the story wasn't incredibly good and I'm not sure how a longer version will fix how much I hate this version of the Joker or how half the squad was less than useless.

More power to those that liked it though!

SS is still playing in theaters?

Still not buying it. I liked BvS so it made sense to fork out for the Ultimate Edition which did actually improve it. I didn't think SS had many redeeming features. Maybe Will Smith.

I won't see it but.... I mean unlike batman v superman I honestly feel like any extra footege couldn't make the movie any worse. The pacing was the biggest problem the movie had, hopefully this cut fixes that.

Garlador

I'll wait for the third or fourth patch on this one. It was released in a very rough state. Thank goodness for refunds.

Drayco21

BvS UE turned a pretty mediocre movie into one I really liked. Suicide Squad is probably my least liked comic book movie of this whole modern era of them, but hopefully this makes it into something actually watchable.

Really not liking this tactic though- with BvS, it felt like the UE existed to actually address criticism but the theatrical release was still one they would have stood by if it had been well received. Suicide Squad felt like the theatrical version was shit out by marketing people while the actual cut of the movie was held back to sell again later.

Quick

Banned
Really living up to that DCEU name.

Seriously though, this is the Extended Cut I want to see. More so than BvS maybe.

shira

I want the director's cut or my money back.

I don't want extended

Jesus why can't DC release the right film the first time.

I want it so bad, but I already pre-ordered the Amazon bundle with the Harley Quinn figure :c

I can't justify continuously ballooning the amount of money I spent on this one amazing movie
~330 dollars and counting

TI82

Banned
I want it so bad, but I already pre-ordered the Amazon bundle with the Harley Quinn figure :c

I can't justify continuously ballooning the amount of money I spent on this one amazing movie

You messing with us? Because if not, you need help.

raw

I enjoyed the movie too, don't let the haters get to you ;)

Sojgat

13 minutes won't really add anything to this.

It might if the entire movie has been recut and most of the terrible, ill-fitting licenced tracks have been removed.

Just adding more joker and Harley scenes to the current two hour music video would be some truly cynical shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom