• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suicide Squad GOTY Extended Cut announced

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's not :(

There are definitely huge editing issues with the movie, but the biggest ding against Suicide Squad is that they're sending them up against someone that is really powerful. The Squad is supposed to go after terrorists or something in some black ops type shit.

Yeah, there were some weird cuts in there too like when Enchantress went after her heart and the weird effects with Joker torturing Harley. You right about the threat. You got an ancient witch and you send a bunch of normal people to take care of her. Harley is a wild card and doesn't even have any training. I was expecting like in Assault on Arkham where she's needed because she's relevant to the mission, in that case having worked in Arkham she nows the layout and if the Joker happens to get in the way she could distract him. She was basically in this movie because she's a popular character.

Usually the Squad is used for dirty shit that a superhero wouldn't do if you asked them. Here, Flash and some soldiers could've handled that.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Fool me once, shame on you...

Not watching an extended cut of this. You could swap it out completely for a better movie and it would still be a steaming pile. More Suicide Squad isn't going to save Suicide Squad.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
You do realize that Goslinn would've had the same exact scenes andwriting and same exact tats and design as Jared right? That was all Ayer not Leto.

More the reason to start fresh, there was nothing interesting about this Joker and Leto's acting was just boring. That scene in Ace Chemicals was so bad. 'Pretty, pretty pretty, pretty...please'. His mannerisms, the way he portrayed the character (on top of the bad design) in how he talks and acts in front of people...ugh.

I was really looking forward to it and still like his laugh, other than that. No thx. Gimme The Gos.

What do you mean

you people

YOU PEOPLE!

Hurm. I still feel iffy on this. I know there are rumors that two different cuts were presented to WB and that the Dark and Stormy Ayer version was not picked due to the "Blitzkrieg pop" Version that WB asked for. What version is this?

Somewhere, in another Dark Time Line, there is an R rated, David Ayer version of this movie.

There was never an R rated cut, but there was definitely a meaner alternative cut we're unlikely to see. Scenes were fundamentally changed in reshoots. An extended cut won't replace those with the old scenes. Maybe they include alternative scenes in a menu, but not edited into the movie.

Penguin

It seems that the E is REALLY being earned in DCEU

I'm more intrigued by this then the BvS one, which you could clearly see had things cut for time.

Will it just re-add scene or is it gonna be one of the earlier cuts and flows differently.

I was really hoping that they'd announce this. There's so much in the trailers that was cut out in the theatrical version...which was apparently edited by the trailer people, strange enough.

I've heard that there were two cuts tested of the movie, one that was a darker David Ayer cut version that had a lot of these extra scenes still in it, and a more light and fun version done by the trailer people. Apparently the David Ayer cut was a lot better...but we got something else instead, something of a mix of the two. What we got was mostly using the lighter version, which has very different first and third acts from the David Ayer cut. The novel version of the movie has very different first and third acts from the theatrical release, too.

Raptor

I always laugh when I see people say BvS is a masterpiece. Anyone that so much as implies this movie is in the same league as the greatest that cinema has to offer is delusional.
Fuck opinions and subjectivity.

b4INNKr.gif

Sean

Banned
I liked this movie from the point where Enchantress started doing her thing and the plot started going. The beginning and their way of introducing you to the squad is terrible though, it's like they got the licenses for like a dozen songs and they need to play every one of them!

Heh I thought the complete opposite. Even though it was rushed with random music, I enjoyed all the various introductions and the Squad meeting/interacting with each other for the first time.

Once the focus of the movie shifted to Enchantress / the main plot, it felt like just another generic action movie to me.

Here's hoping it fills in the holes and corrects the pacing!

edit: 13 minutes? Jeez, that's disappointing considering what we've heard of the amount of scenes shot.

Toothless

I just know at some point I'm going to be forced to watch BvS Ultimate and SS extended back-to-back and it will be the worst day of filmwatching ever.

Yeah, there were some weird cuts in there too like when Enchantress went after her heart and the weird effects with Joker torturing Harley. You right about the threat. You got an ancient witch and you send a bunch of normal people to take care of her. Harley is a wild card and doesn't even have any training. I was expecting like in Assault on Arkham where she's needed because she's relevant to the mission, in that case having worked in Arkham she nows the layout and if the Joker happens to get in the way she could distract him. She was basically in this movie because she's a popular character.

Usually the Squad is used for dirty shit that a superhero wouldn't do if you asked them. Here, Flash and some soldiers could've handled that.

I think the conceit here was they were sent in because The Enchantress was Waller's own fuck up so they wanted to keep it in house.

Sanjuro

Unlike Batman v Superman, Suicide Squad could greatly benefit having a viewing where the entire film is not chopped up in editing hell.

Problem with that is Ayer is stating the theatrical version is his version, and this is going to only throw more fuel into the burner.

jaydogg691

Feel bad for the suckers who watched the original release. Now they are going to pay twice to justify that their garbage movie is not. You can't clean filth.

Dead

well not really...yet
That teaser implies we'll be getting the scene of Harleyngetting beat the shit out of by Joker.

lol @ people wanting a "darker" cut of this movie. one of the big flaws of the movie is it was visually too dark. like much of the movie is people shooting at dimly lit monsters in the dark.

Penguin

That teaser implies we'll be getting the scene of Harleyngetting beat the shit out of by Joker.

From the teaser, and what we know/seen, we'll get a longer intro/background on Enchantress and The Joker. We'll get a longer chase between Batman and Harley/joker, and we'll get an extended version of the bar scene where Harley asks for everyone's drink.

I already sat through this garbage film.

You can't make me do it again.

How I felt about BvS and how I feel about this

In BvS case the worst part is that the only one you can rent on digital stores is the theatrical version, so even if you want to watch the extended cut you have to dish out like 30 bucks to buy it

darklin0

Banned
Not even Margot Robbie can make me sit through this movie a second time.

Only thing the DCCU has to offer are the review threads on GAF. They are a million times more entertaining.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
How I felt about BvS and how I feel about this

In BvS case the worst part is that the only one you can rent on digital stores is the theatrical version, so even if you want to watch the extended cut you have to dish out like 30 bucks to buy it

Snyder needs to eat man.

Sesha

Doesn't the movie have severe pacing and tonal issues? How is an "extended" cut going to fix any of that?

At least wait until day 3 so you can hear impressions

I think my issue is whether it's good or bad I just want to be part of the conversation so that if I need to shit talk it I at least saw the film. But yeah I know that rewarding them for putting out turds isn't constructive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom