• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Taboo |OT| TV miniseries starring Tom Hardy, Tuesdays on FX / Saturdays on BBC One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fury451

Banned
Finally saw this today; the first episode was very very good. Is this planned as an ongoing series, or a mini? I seem to recall it being a limited series but also heard rumblings of a season 2 already.

Also, Tom Hardy has the best crazy eyes in the acting world. Dude is straight intense in everything.

New episode tonight:
Episode 2

While James Delaney assembles his league of the damned, an unexpected arrival threatens to disrupt his plans.
This episode is set for a 1:23 run time tonight on FX.

Blader

Finally saw this today; the first episode was very very good. Is this planned as an ongoing series, or a mini? I seem to recall it being a limited series but also heard rumblings of a season 2 already.

Also, Tom Hardy has the best crazy eyes in the acting world. Dude is straight intense in everything.

They're planning for three seasons.

Big time-shifting boost to the FX numbers from last week:

- ‘Taboo' Premiere Draws 3.4M Viewers In L+3 For FX
Tom Hardy's 19th century drama Taboo is off to a solid start with 3.43M viewers in Live+3 for its January 10 premiere. The series also drew 1.63M adults 18-49, which the cable net said is its most time-shifted series ever in the demo (+101%).

The premiere also was the most time-shifted FX drama series bow in total viewers (+86%). For Tuesday night, it was the No. 1 basic cable drama among men 18-34 and No. 2 in multiple demos.

It was conceived as a one off mini-series, but Hardy and Knight say they have enough material to do three seasons of it. Since it's putting up good numbers on both sides of the pond, it's likely they'll get to do all three.

Wasn't that episode last weekend? Liking the series so far, a bit of a Count of Monte Cristo vibe. With Delaney in the know of everything.
UK broadcast is on Saturday, US broadcasts are on the following Tuesday.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
There's a scene in the second episode and I wish I could find the music from it

When Tom Hardy goes onto the boat and sets it on fire. The music in the background reminds me of Sicario.

There's a scene in the second episode and I wish I could find the music from it

When Tom Hardy goes onto the boat and sets it on fire. The music in the background reminds me of Sicario.

Did you see the image of his father floating in the distance when he was wigging out? It was in the last shot

Fury451

Banned
Interesting to know, thanks. Obviously have no idea what their plans are, but I'll go along for the ride because Tom Hardy.

He's come a long way from Shinzon (which was actually a decent performance considering).

Ah that clears it up. Anyone else getting major incest vibes from the Delayneys?

Without a doubt. I thought that's where the "Taboo" title was coming from for a second.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
"What's the smallest thing you saw?"
"Human kindness"

some things don't change

In the FX / US broadcast, does Mr. Husband use the N word at all? He's said it every episode on the BBC broadcast, which was crazy.

Its absolutely amazing watching Tom Hardy in a tv show, I feel like I'm getting something I shouldn't.

Dmax3901

In the FX / US broadcast, does Mr. Husband use the N word at all? He's said it every episode on the BBC broadcast, which was crazy.

Its absolutely amazing watching Tom Hardy in a tv show, I feel like I'm getting something I shouldn't.

You should watch Peaky Blinders!

Also re second ep:
I noticed the ghostly face in the background but the two people watching with me did not.

Re incest
They totally had sex and that kid Delaney went to visit is their offspring right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom