• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Taboo |OT| TV miniseries starring Tom Hardy, Tuesdays on FX / Saturdays on BBC One

Status
Not open for further replies.

IronRinn

Anyone else getting an incest vibe? I dunno, something about that seemed incest-y.

Just kidding Familienoberhauptvogel!

Thought I recognized the Duke from somewhere:

xB21fov.jpg

Mascot

A quick in-out here with no derail intended, but is there a general British TV Drama thread here on GAF? Search pulled nothing. Reason being, I'm watching S1 of Unforgotten from 2015 on the ITV Hub (no adverts - yay!) and it's fucking incredible.

Varjis

I'm really enjoying this show so far. I hope Legion is just as good, FX has stepped up their programming the last few years.

Ydelnae

I finally got my laptop back so I can catch up and also update the OT with reviews and stuff. There's a new episode tonight, too!

Pkaz01

I don't understand.

Why
was the actress released
?

It sounded like they had a whole bunch of dirt on the duke that tried to rape her

Great episode. You'd think Tom Hardy winning all the time would get old, but it doesn't.

Was thinking about this too, he has taken some physical damage but i'm waiting for the east india company to flex a little,
the americans seem to be on to him as far as what his weakness is (sister).

neorej

ERMYGERD!
I don't understand.

Why
was the actress released
?

the EIC and Crown have a standing agreement that they will split Nootka as soon as Delaney is out of the picture. The Crown went behind the EIC's back and arrested her and offered her a deal if she signed the Nootka territory to the Crown, which would leave the EIC with nothing. Caught with it's pants down, almost literally, by the EIC, he had no choice but to let her go to prevent further escalation, as the Crown fears the power of the EIC.

This show really does begin and end with Tom Hardy. I honestly don't think I could watch a single episode of this if he wasn't in it.

Alpende

Really liked the episode. Starting to like it more and more each week.

The fight between Hardy and the assassin was awesome, the party was cool as well. Disappearing in the magician's closet to talk business was great.

Zousi

I'm starting to think that Tom Hardy might be phoning it in a little. I mean i like the guy, but something just seems off with this one. Maybe it's his character that is the problem. Doesn't seem like a challenging role for him.

Beefy

I'm starting to think that Tom Hardy might be phoning it in a little. I mean i like the guy, but something just seems off with this one. Maybe it's his character that is the problem. Doesn't seem like a challenging role for him.

Seeing as Hardy go wrote Taboo, I doubt he is phoning it in.

Yado

I'm enjoying the show but I think he's terrible in this tbh

IronRinn

Oh man, cliffhanger!

Wasn't a fan of all the gratuitous sexual violence in this one but other than that I thought it was better than last week for sure.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Oh man, cliffhanger!

Wasn't a fan of all the gratuitous sexual violence in this one but other than that I thought it was better than last week for sure.

Going to try to watch it before bed. I'm ashamed I forgot it was on -_-

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
"I have a question about chemistry, I hope now is not inconvenient" LOL

edit: definitely a weird one, but it was much better than last week's. Pretty entertaining overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom