• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trailer for Taboo, FX original series from Tom Hardy & Ridley Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
CcGcv6dUMAAYZuM.jpg

been looking forward to this. Hardy/Knight killed it with Locke.

wonder how it fares with hardy writing it though, was thinking he'd have help from stephen knight. (never mind, he wrote the story with this dad. screenplay is by others)

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
been looking forward to this. Hardy/Knight killed it with Locke.

wonder how it fares with hardy writing it though, was thinking he'd have help from stephen knight. (never mind, he wrote the story with this dad. screenplay is by others)
Yeah, pretty sure your edit is correct. It's not just Tom Hardy and his father alone on the writing. Knight at least is involved there, too.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
good lord yes, I've been waiting for this since Tom talked about it about our years ago and it looks great. I think it's his father's idea or something

Akahige

Tim Hardy in a role where you can actually understand what he is saying is something new. The show itself looks quite good.
The guitar at the title screen was totally awful, but everything other than that is incredibly intriguing.
Yup, I hope it isn't a sign of things to come, I hated the music in Peaky Blinders.

Could end up being good. The time period doesn't pull me in as much as most, though.

I've always had a harder time getting into period pieces which I don't like.

TheDanger

Banned
yeah the premise sounds boring to me, I kinda need a crazy premise to really wanna start watching a show nowadays it seems.

Like with 11/22/63:

High school teacher Jake Epping travels back in time to prevent the assassination of President John F. Kennedy

I was sold instantly

UrbanRats

I was looking for a release date, but I can't see one.
Am I missing the obvious, or have they said nothing in this regard?

NeOak

Honestly I don't know which channel I would consider "best" at this point. The only FX show I watch is The Americans, anyway. I think I like Netflix's original programming the best, but that's not really a TV channel.
It was an expression.

Why are you taking it literally?

Tim Hardy in a role where you can actually understand what he is saying is something new. The show itself looks quite good.
Yup, I hope it isn't a sign of things to come, I hated the music in Peaky Blinders.

I hated the accents, especially Sam Neill and his awful Belfast accent.

Only Fassbender has done the accent right in Hunger.

KodaRuss

That looks really cool. Wonder when they are going to put this into the lineup? Fargo S3 and American Criminal Story (whatever the OJ series is called) will start as well.

FX has been killing it lately. Really enjoying Atlanta right now as well as OJ and Fargo earlier this year.

They're ramping up production now. I think they'll start shooting later this year, as will Fargo.

Saw a Ryan Murphy interview a few days back and it didn't sound imminent. Basically he said they were writing and there was no timetable, but they wouldn't go on before they were completely satisfied with the script.

Saw a Ryan Murphy interview a few days back and it didn't sound imminent. Basically he said they were writing and there was no timetable, but they wouldn't go on before they were completely satisfied with the script.
Oh, interesting. I've just seen a few more casting notes recently, so I figured things were underway. Sounds like we'll get Fargo first, then ACS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom