• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of the Jedi - 6 Episodes Disney+ Series

taizuke

star-wars-celebration-tales-of-the-jedi-panel-logo-1-1.jpg

If you're a fan of Star Wars I highly recommend Tales of the Jedi. There's a level of maturity here rarely seen in most modern shows today, specially Star Wars.

The episodes are short but no scene is wasted. Scenes play out slow and are meaningful. Long shots that convey nuance and give purpose to the characters. The CG is incredible at times aside from a few character design choices and a certain animal... The voice acting is also great, specially if you're a fan of Clone Wars since is basically the same cast reprising their roles.

This is Dave Filoni at it's best in my opinion.

Last edited:

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
Stealing the name and logo from one of the best comic series makes me salty.

Marvel14

Banned
star-wars-celebration-tales-of-the-jedi-panel-logo-1-1.jpg

If you're a fan of Star Wars I highly recommend Tales of the Jedi. There's a level of maturity here rarely seen in most modern shows today, specially Star Wars.

The episodes are short but no scene is wasted. Scenes play out slow and are meaningful. Long shots that convey nuance and give purpose to the characters. The CG is incredible at times aside from a few character design choices and a certain animal... The voice acting is also great, specially if you're a fan of Clone Wars since is basically the same cast reprising their roles.

This is Dave Filoni at it's best in my opinion.
I've watched 2. The Ahsoka baby episode was slow, boring and trite, the Count Dooku with Yaddle one was OK (welcome back Mr Neeson!) but Yaddle's ( crap name btw) choices in the episode are pretty ridiculous.

Not that motivated to watch the other 4 after those 2.

Last edited:

KungFucius

King Snowflake
We already had that with Clone Wars and Rebels.
Solo teased Darth Maul in live action and then Lucas films let that fester because the internet hated that movie. I'd be all over something with Darth Maul in live action. I'd say the same for Dooku if Christopher Lee was still around and able. Star Wars does not have enough enduring interesting villains.

taizuke

They are wearing out my love of Star Wars. I regret wanting more Star Wars as a child in the 80s. I should have been content with Ewok adventure.

I’m going to watch this. 😐

Many of us feel exactly the same way as you including myself but I think this show is really good. Have you given it a chance?

I have to watch this. Hated Star Wars Visions. Love The Clone Wars

There's a couple of gems in Star Wars Visions for sure but as a whole it felt more like sci-fi stories with the Star Wars name attached.

AJUMP23

Many of us feel exactly the same way as you including myself but I think this show is really good. Have you given it a chance?

There's a couple of gems in Star Wars Visions for sure but as a whole it felt more like sci-fi stories with the Star Wars name attached.
I have not gotten to it yet.

Doczu

Filoni stuff sucks. Bored of him crowbaring his superduper red waifu into everything he's involved with.

Watch Andor instead. It's really cool.
You and me brother.

Guy knows Star Wars and most of his output is good or better, but Jesus FUCKING Christ can he stop pushing Ashoka in EVERYTHING?

We get it. She's cool. People like her. But you are waay too much invested in her Mr Filoni, people will start asking questions.

Top Bottom